**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
QB1 looked like QB1 has always looked when they started scrimmaging. And Padilla came in and immediately dropped a dime to Lachey.

Revolver

Reaction score
Spencer got dinged up. He is getting treatment on the sideline. Padilla has completed passes on his first three plays. Looks good.

Revolver

Reaction score
Spencer looks like he is going to go back in.

Revolver

Reaction score
Hard to tell because this is fake football, but Spencer appears to be more composed under pressure.

NOT!

Revolver

Reaction score
I am not impressed at all with Deuce Hogan. He appears to be a bonehead.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Petras needs to watch more Mac Jones tape

Revolver

Reaction score
The only QB who doesn’t look bad is Padilla. This is a clusterfuck of a scrimmage though per usual.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I want to reiterate to e wry one in attendance to only watch the offensive and defensive lines to judge how good Iowa is going to be. Everything else is filler material.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
One of TOS claiming that Deuce Hogan has been really good this spring and is making a legitimate push.
Lol, so we have everything from media members saying that everyone other than Petras is a total disaster (including Hogan) to now that Hogan has been really good and is making a legitimate push.

Spring!!!!
Deuce getting 1st team reps, and while Petras is still considered the starter, Deuce is impressing.

He'll definitely be the backup come game one. Say goodbye to Padilla.
So Deuce isn’t even the third string qb at this time it appears or is in a competition for it at best.
I am not impressed at all with Deuce Hogan. He appears to be a bonehead.
The only QB who doesn’t look bad is Padilla. This is a clusterfuck of a scrimmage though per usual.
It is going to be a long summer. It appears nothing is really settled or close to it at this point. Still, I welcome all speculation as fall cannot get here soon enough.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I've seen this whole thing before. Petras is going to be the starter, but he will have a much shorter leash and if he is shitty then Padilla will get his shot.

It will be 2 games too late, but they will actually make a change if Petras isn't improved a great deal.

Revolver

Reaction score
Padilla really did only flash on that first drive, but it was a very quick and impressive drive. Petras just had a lot of the same type of shit. But he was making the reads and there wasn’t anything to indicate he is in any trouble. The main takeaway was that Kaspiak seems to be in front of Hogan. And, to me, Hogan was bad in the 7 on 7 and 11 on 11.

Keagan Johnson was running with the 1s an awful lot, which is promising. Tyrone Tracy made the flashiest play I saw and it was an impressive play where he went up and got a high throw by Petras. Tracy also had a few drops on the shorter, bullet passes.

Lukas Van Ness and Louie Stec were really good on D.

Shudak was pretty impressive kicking, too. He drilled at least one ~50 yard bomb.

We were pretty bored, pulled a Brant and left early. But it was great to be back in Kinnick.

Revolver

Reaction score
Padilla really did only flash on that first drive, but it was a very quick and impressive drive. Petras just had a lot of the same type of shit. But he was making the reads and there wasn’t anything to indicate he is in any trouble. The main takeaway was that Kaspiak seems to be in front of Hogan. And, to me, Hogan was bad in the 7 on 7 and 11 on 11.

Keagan Johnson was running with the 1s an awful lot, which is promising. Tyrone Tracy made the flashiest play I saw and it was an impressive play where he went up and got a high throw by Petras. Tracy also had a few drops on the shorter, bullet passes.

Lukas Van Ness and Louie Stec were really good on D.

Shudak was pretty impressive kicking, too. He drilled at least one ~50 yard bomb.

We were pretty bored, pulled a Brant and left early. But it was great to be back in Kinnick.
After re-reading, what I said about Tracy really makes it seem like he only made one good play. Tracy looked really good for the majority of the practice. Looked like he was also the #2 punt returner behind Cooper.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Jacobs looks pretty good to me.

Harris, Bracy and all of the Williamses look like fluid athletes too.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m quite thrilled that the back 7 is settled. In the past they’ve started some weird combinations that didn’t work. Last year started Brents at corner and Hankins at cash vs Purdue. A couple years ago they started DJ Johnson at cash. 2018 they started Amani Jones at MLB. And of course the all time dumpster fire of 2011 where they started Hyde and Sleeper at safety with Castillo at corner which resulted in losing to Pubes Jantz in Ames.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I’m quite thrilled that the back 7 is settled. In the past they’ve started some weird combinations that didn’t work. Last year started Brents at corner and Hankins at cash vs Purdue. A couple years ago they started DJ Johnson at cash. 2018 they started Amani Jones at MLB. And of course the all time dumpster fire of 2011 where they started Hyde and Sleeper at safety with Castillo at corner which resulted in losing to Pubes Jantz in Ames.
In fairness, they were forced to start DJ Johnson at cash due to injury after that first week.