**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
If Nixon goes undrafted people are gonna ask why, and why the NFL cared more than Iowa.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Who is this guy with 115 followers and why do we think he has any inside info?

SuperHans

Reaction score
This is what Dochterman reported in 2019.

Even at Iowa, Nixon’s experience wasn’t smooth. An incident at a dorm resulted in an investigation that forced him to live off campus and stay away from the team. There was no incident report, and Nixon was cleared of any wrongdoing. He rejoined the program last spring.

SuperHans

Reaction score
I doubt anything comes out of this, but if it does, not a good first impression for Gary/Kirk with the new president.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
LOL at the Paulson twins kicking the shit out of anyone let alone Nixon
They weren’t great football players but that’s 650 lbs worth of two pissed off Iowa boys with pride in the program (and wrestling experience) against 275 lbs. I have zero doubt they could/did kick the shit out of Nixon

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I doubt anything comes out of this, but if it does, not a good first impression for Gary/Kirk with the new president.
Because after Pierre Pierce and Cedric Everson Iowa would totally cover for a guy who at the time had barely even been on the team, not even a year after Baylor had dominated the headlines.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Probably more of a Marcus Coker deal, whatever it was, where they were extra cautious but didn’t want to boot him after the raw deal Coker got.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Probably more of a Marcus Coker deal, whatever it was, where they were extra cautious but didn’t want to boot him after the raw deal Coker got.
I remember Kirk being mega-pissed about how they treated Coker.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m sure if Kirk would have kicked a black player off the team with no charges filed that it would have gone over swell last summer. If anyone tried to say ‘well he raped someone’ they would have been attacked for making something up with no proof and just spreading rumors.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I’m sure if Kirk would have kicked a black player off the team with no charges filed that it would have gone over swell last summer. If anyone tried to say ‘well he raped someone’ they would have been attacked for making something up with no proof and just spreading rumors.
Hi there!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Doug's above it.

Except when he's accusing Nixon of rape.
douglasbader said:
Nixon raped someone last year.
Hard to believe. Doug told us Nixon raped somebody
This can't be true. Doug said he raped someone. Iowa would never let a player back on the team who raped someone
the bipolar Mouse that bored.

another bum scoop. When's Nixon being arraigned?
why won't you answer?

We have a friend who works in the football office. They will be interested in your inside info on this.
oh, so it was just another thing you thought you knew about, but didn't know what you were talking about.

That adds up.
now say something about Nixon being arrested for rape...
no I'm having flashbacks of when you claimed he raped someone.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I was talking more about someone like James Daniels but then there’s that.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
First 2 games should be pretty high profile. ESPN has Iowa at #14

Last edited:

thrawn

Reaction score
Lol at bumping OU two spots from the spring.

Having anyone besides Clemson/SEC West #1 seems dumb until the world proves otherwise.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
OU needs to show that they're even remotely interested in playing defense before they belong anywhere near the top 10.

Reaction score
OU needs to show that they're even remotely interested in playing defense before they belong anywhere near the top 10.
OU was #29 nationally last year in points and yards allowed per game. That would have been 5th in the B10 on both measures.

Ohio St. ranked 43rd and 59th in those categories, for reference.