**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Reaction score
I’m still laughing that we have a poster who charted passes from Rob Howe’s practice video. Nature is healing.
To me, charting would be putting little dots all over the field. No dots.

It simply seemed like one guy was completing more downfield passes. I quantified the impression a bit.

Last edited:

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
About the only “improvement” I saw with Petras on Saturday was he put some touch on those short throws. There were a couple times it appeared he worked through progressions all the way to a 3rd option. To Chip’s point nothing resembling a down field completion. An ugly interception that followed an ugly flutter ball in the same series and later a near pick on a locked on 1st receiver read to the sideline. Predetermined throw. The only good deep ball on the day came from 11 on a post for a TD

The whole scrimmage lacked energy and crispness imo.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I fear Kirk is in love and defense until the bitter end mode when it comes to Spence.

I really hope he doesn’t completely suck.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I fear Kirk is in love and defense until the bitter end mode when it comes to Spence.

I really hope he doesn’t completely suck.
You have to really squint to see a better option. If Petras had a season ending injury I don’t think I would modify the predicted outcome, just based on the scrimmages I have seen.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Records wise, 3 of the 4 best seasons under Kirk have come with QBs that can move. The 4th season was QB’d by Stanzi who wasn’t exactly a statue back there.

It continues to baffle me that they go after tall immobile guys.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Petras is going to overachieve this year my boyz. There's a pleasant surprise coming this year.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Though often in spite of QB play, Iowa does currently have a six-game Big Ten winning streak (which should be seven - fuck Michigan). Eight is the longest such streak under Ferentz, which has happened three times (2015 regular season, last 3 games of 2008 + first 5 in 2009, 2002 regular season). If Iowa beats Indiana in the opener, then Spence has a great shot at a Ferentz-era record, regardless of how badly he shits his pants in Ames.

Edit: nevermind, 10 is the record (final 2 of 2001, plus 2002 regular season).

thrawn

Reaction score
Though often in spite of QB play, Iowa does currently have a six-game Big Ten winning streak (which should be seven - fuck Michigan). Eight is the longest such streak under Ferentz, which has happened three times (2015 regular season, last 3 games of 2008 + first 5 in 2009, 2002 regular season). If Iowa beats Indiana in the opener, then Spence has a great shot at a Ferentz-era record, regardless of how badly he shits his pants in Ames.
They won their last two douche games in 2001, so the streak was 10 at the end of 2002.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
The pass at 0:40 should never have been thrown.

Just awful.
A few moments of thoughtful introspection and contemplation over by the kickers net, along with attempting to shove a football up his ass, and it won’t happen again.

Until the next day when he’s retarded again.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The pass at 0:40 should never have been thrown.

Just awful.
I get having an awful throw as far as being a duck, or a misread over the middle where you didn't see a linebacker drop in coverage or anything that happens to QB's at the college and pro level.

What I don't get is how anyone beyond the 8th grade level makes the throw he did there. I won't even call it a mistake. That is simply a QB that has the play and throw pre-determined in his head and doesn't even bother to look at the reality of what is in front of him and has decided to throw it no matter what.

Goodson was completely blanketed by the LB and the CB was standing there waiting for it.

Sorry, he fucking sucks.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I get having an awful throw as far as being a duck, or a misread over the middle where you didn't see a linebacker drop in coverage or anything that happens to QB's at the college and pro level.

What I don't get is how anyone beyond the 8th grade level makes the throw he did there. I won't even call it a mistake. That is simply a QB that has the play and throw pre-determined in his head and doesn't even bother to look at the reality of what is in front of him and has decided to throw it no matter what.

Goodson was completely blanketed by the LB and the CB was standing there waiting for it.

Sorry, he fucking sucks.
That throw was depressing. You can see the corner not follow the action and squat in the zone. Fine, you thought you had man for some reason, but can’t you just chuck it out of bounds?

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
That is simply a QB that has the play and throw pre-determined in his head and doesn't even bother to look at the reality of what is in front of him and has decided to throw it no matter what.
Like the one where he got a hint of pressure and threw it to the right where no one was and got called for grounding.

He is a faggot.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
That is simply a QB that has the play and throw pre-determined in his head and doesn't even bother to look at the reality of what is in front of him and has decided to throw it no matter what.
100% this.

QBs reading coverage is a hell of a lot harder than people think, but it has to be done.

Petras was going to the RB on that one no matter what. There could have been three DBs sitting in that space and he would have thrown the same ball.

Awful.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I'm just hoping its because he knows he's not going to get hit in practice so he's making all these shitty reads and throws. I'm sure once things are 100% and things go live he will settle in.
:(

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I'm just hoping its because he knows he's not going to get hit in practice so he's making all these shitty reads and throws. I'm sure once things are 100% and things go live he will settle in.
LOL!!!!

Wait WHAT?

LOL!!!

If Petras is as shitty as he was last year but continues to play, I will call for the firing of the Moon Family Head Coach Kirk Ferentz.