**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
There’s a clear path for Spencer to win three Heismans.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He’s going to be average at best and they’re going to finish a game out of 1st place in the West bc of it.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Clayborn block, I think. Not the most important game ever, but just because of how fun it was. We had probably 15 people over to our apartment before a party to watch the game and it went Whamo crazy during that play.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Spencer threw a dart right after that pirouette, on the money. To Nebrantska but still.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Would feel pretty confident about both Indiana and ISU if they were towards the end of the season

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
But unfortunately it will mostly come down to Petras as our defense will keep us in any game in the schedule

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Playing two capable teams to start the year isn't exactly a Ferentz coached team recipe for success.

I'll be thrilled with 1-1.

No way we win that game in Ames unless Petras has upgraded to average. I don't even think they're that good, but Ferentz teams are usually pretty mediocre early in the year and get better as the season goes on. Iowa State is going to be fuckin hyped.

The 2020 version of Petras doesn't get us a win there.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Playing two capable teams to start the year isn't exactly a Ferentz coached team recipe for success.

No way we win that game in Ames unless Petras has upgraded to average. I don't even think they're that good, but Ferentz teams are usually pretty mediocre early in the year and get better as the season goes on. Iowa State is going to be fuckin hyped.

Only hope is they both start slow as well.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
In a weird way I'd feel better about the game in Ames if Iowa is coming off of a loss to Indiana.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Iowa needs to blitz the ever living shit out of ISU. However, I predict they will sit in a baby shit soft zone and rush 4.
I think the defense matches up pretty well with their personnel, maybe best in a 4/3.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score

We will win the first two. You have my word.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
They have given up 3, 41 (38 in regulation), 3, and 17. The defense is strong on the back 7, I would be mildly surprised if they give up more than 21.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
They have given up 3, 41 (38 in regulation), 3, and 17. The defense is strong on the back 7, I would be mildly surprised if they give up more than 21.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that at all. Just saying that it's a pretty solid bet that Iowa will be in a base defense for the entire 1st quarter. There might even be a drive or two where it looks like we have no ability to stop them. But I don't think the defense will be a problem at all.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that at all. Just saying that it's a pretty solid bet that Iowa will be in a base defense for the entire 1st quarter. There might even be a drive or two where it looks like we have no ability to stop them. But I don't think the defense will be a problem at all.
Or Iowa State pulls out the exotics early because they know they can’t score much on the Hawks and then their coach struts around and glares at Iowa’s sidelines while saying “they think they’re so fucking smart” into his headset. Then they still get dominated the rest of the game and lose in hilarious fashion. I know it sounds crazy but that could also happen.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Or Iowa State pulls out the exotics early because they know they can’t score much on the Hawks and then their coach struts around and glares at Iowa’s sidelines while saying “they think they’re so fucking smart” into his headset. Then they still get dominated the rest of the game and lose in hilarious fashion. I know it sounds crazy but that could also happen.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
That sounds unrealistic as fuck and something my 9 year old would write. No way that happens at the collegiate level.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score