**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
An occasional Friday night game during the season isn’t a big deal, imo. We played Minnesota on a Friday night last fall.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
As long as we win these and they’re road games, I’ll begrudgingly accept a Friday game once a year or so. The day we play one and lose will absolutely kill my college football enthusiasm before the weekend even starts, however. Black Friday is different because that’s basically a 4 day weekend already.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
An occasional Friday night game during the season isn’t a big deal, imo. We played Minnesota on a Friday night last fall.
I work Friday nights. I may try scheduling a vacation day, but I hate to have to do so.

I did schedule last year's Minnesota game off as well, but I think I may have been on vacation all week last year, I can't remember.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I don’t like it, but it isn’t that bad for a road game. They’re also just part of reality now.
As long as it is against the lower level schools on the road, I am fine with it. Which is how it will be.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I used to hate the idea of Friday games but I'm warming up to them. I prefer night games so a Friday night vs Saturday morning will usually be preferable to me as long as it's not against a bigger name

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
There’s about a 99% chance Iowa never has a Friday game that isn’t Black Friday. The only thing odd about the Friday night game was being at work during the day and periodically remembering there was a football game that night.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to just get it over with because I don't think they have a chance of getting anything ,the more time the better for the program.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
Why are they releasing so much of the TV schedule this early?

I prefer it when they actually wait and see how competitive the teams are.

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Why are they releasing so much of the TV schedule this early?

I prefer it when they actually wait and see how competitive the teams are.
They always announce the times for the first 3 weeks, non-Saturday, and Homecoming for each team before the season. Iowa just happens to have 7 games that fall into those categories this year.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
They always announce the times for the first 3 weeks, non-Saturday, and Homecoming for each team before the season. Iowa just happens to have 7 games that fall into those categories this year.
Ah okay that makes sense. The Nebrantska game is dumb.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Game times and networks suck. But whatevs, it's football at Kinnick with a full crowd.

Reaction score
Being back in Kinnick for the game against Indiana will be wonderful. Iowa football is great boys

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I can’t fucking wait to get back in kinnick. Just a reminder that Iowa finished on a 6 game win streak that included a 28-7 skullfucking of a Wisconsin team that wouldn’t have scored a point if it weren’t for a flukey muffed punt near their end zone.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I realize 3 TDs might not qualify as a skullfucking, but Wisconsin couldn’t move Iowa at all last year. I found it very satisfying.