**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Daddy’s tickets, and he no longer gets them. And I was one of the idiots. I sort of recall thinking at the time that it was unfortunate Ferentz wouldn’t be building a program as strong and long lasting as Alford’s.
In fairness you still are!!! PWND!!!!

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Wasn’t that the Aiello/Beutjer cable bill off-season? I saw that as a serious red flag about the team and coaching staff. I was horribly and terribly wrong, of course - and this is super anecdotal to boot - but I remember the people in our little section of Kinnick feeling the same way.
TBF, I remember walking out of Kinnick after the UNI game in 2009 thinking that it was going to be a disaster of a season.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
no. We sucked but you could see the positive trend and people were pretty excited heading into 2001.
Bare cupboard vs best receiving talent in decades and a solid OL = Happy Father’s Day, you stoooopid Garta lover

thrawn

Reaction score
On BTN, Kevin Worthy just destroyed Michael Robinson with Iowa up 17–0 on #12 Penn State.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Thanks, doug. We were all truly hoping to learn Shawnee’s identity so we can get more of him!

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few others. They are closer to the front than the back which is all that matters.
That's kind of interesting as Kirk seems pretty "old school" when it comes to some of these things.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few others. They are closer to the front than the back which is all that matters.
Iowa’s already contracted a firm to help athletes “build their brand” and capitalize on this. I think they’re ahead of the curve compared to most at this point, but expect every major program to follow suit very quickly. It’s the new reality of college athletics and will be used heavily, especially in recruiting, to differentiate programs

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The next few years will be a heckuva learning curve. Not sure how I feel about it. Hope it ends up being a positive and doesn’t “destroy” college athletics as seems to be the primary fear, but something had to be done to get the athletes more back from the benefit they provide the universities, the conferences, the NCAA itself and heck- even the states they represent

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
He’s the biggest obstacle to Petras Heisman run

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
So now that their getting paid are the gloves off for criticizing the players when they fuck up?

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I will not DMOFR, but I don’t think Adam Shada played enough as a freshman or sophomore to get that many starts. Thought he had the potential to give Miller a run for his money.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
PFF's pre-season all Big 10 teams:

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
White CB named Riley first team all douche, lol. Ok.