**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
So outside of Tracy, Ragaini, LaPorta and Goodson, who else is going to emerge in the passing game?

Johnson and Bruce seem to be a year from really contributing. Charlie Jones hopefully emerges. Desmond Hudson appears to be a less physically imposing Brandon Smith. Mathews and Vines haven’t gotten much buzz. Alex Kritta is another token white that will annoy people when they see his name on the depth chart.

I’m a little shocked that Lachey ended up ahead of Yelverton. I assumed he was destined for tackle.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
So outside of Tracy, Ragaini, LaPorta and Goodson, who else is going to emerge in the passing game?

Johnson and Bruce seem to be a year from really contributing. Charlie Jones hopefully emerges. Desmond Hudson appears to be a less physically imposing Brandon Smith. Mathews and Vines haven’t gotten much buzz. Alex Kritta is another token white that will annoy people when they see his name on the depth chart.

I’m a little shocked that Lachey ended up ahead of Yelverton. I assumed he was destined for tackle.
Vines was getting rave reviews before getting hurt in camp last year.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Watch Lachey’s high school basketball film. He’s a stud.

I think Johnson does some things this year out of necessity. May already be our most polished guy outside with any size. Hutson strikes me as a bigger Don Shumpert…not sure he’s a natural ball catcher.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I’d forgotten that post but it’s strongly trending RATT

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Got bored and had to quit but there's another 30 pages of that nonsense

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Ha what a fucking LOSER

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
My Petras pessimism from the end of last season fades every day. He can't get any worse, and hopefully a year of conditioning/film/practice etc will do him wonders.

Petras optimist

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Jesus you guys are faggots- after 2 close games they should of won the Hawks rolled off 6 wins-avg about 30 pts. Would have rubbed their nutsacks all over Michigan and Missouri to finish 8-2 ranked at or above #15 in the nation.

Petras looked like a first year starter without much spring ball and was baaaad in large stretches but get a grip.
Cloud loves defending petras

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
No mention of our shitty OL cloud

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I will gladly eat a bucket of crow if Petras turns out to be even a moderately good QB this year. Bump the post above and make fun of me all day, but I don't see it happening. QB's either have it or they don't. He doesn't have it.
Me and Doug knew it

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Lol at every defensive coordinator having to game plan against Iowa this year. They can just take the weekend off.

"What are we going to do coach?"

"Yeah, just go ahead and play man on the outside and blitz everyone else and dare them to beat us deep."

Petras or whoever is going to have about a half second to throw. Might break a record for sacks taken.
The accuracy of this hurts

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
this seems extreme. we’ve got a really good RB, one (maybe 2-3) stud tight ends, still a talented receiver room with a guy who can coach, and plenty of bodies at OL with some really promising youth. I get being concerned about petras, but this isn’t gonna be a Greg Davis nightmare.
This is worse than a GD nightmare

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I have to admit, despite being down on Petras for a lot of the year, I've come around on him.
I think if they beat footwork into him he's got potential. It's concerning that three years in the program wasn't enough to beat that into him, but the through the season improvement has me hopeful. We'll see.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Could this be the longest, most drawn-out "I told you so" in board history?