**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Doug has plenty of long drawn out trash to choose from on here. Exhausting.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Could this be the longest, most drawn-out "I told you so" in board history?
You recycle the same corny, dipshit, high school lockeroom jokes every fucking day on this board and you’re going to get your feelings hurt because @Geese has spent half a page quoting your bad takes from the summer???

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
You recycle the same corny, dipshit, high school lockeroom jokes every fucking day on this board and you’re going to get your feelings hurt because @Geese has spent half a page quoting your bad takes from the summer???
My feelings aren't hurt, cumbuns. But it sure sounds like you've had your feewings hurt a time or two around here.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Totally. Devastated really.

Just saying that it’s odd to hear you of all people complain about beating things to death
Not complaining. Just an observation. I deserve to get my face rubbed in this shit and I will take my medicine here.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
fossilhawk said:
I have to admit, despite being down on Petras for a lot of the year, I've come around on him.
I think if they beat footwork into him he's got potential. It's concerning that three years in the program wasn't enough to beat that into him, but the through the season improvement has me hopeful. We'll see.
In fairness, at that point in the season he at least looked serviceable and hadn't lost a game in, like, eight starts.

As I said somewhere on here, Petras lost me the moment he threw it away on 4th down last week. At this point he's Christian Hackenberg, a QB with a big arm and huge upside but who also happens to be a broken toy that can't deal with any level of pressure, but without the hype of a semi-ludicrous first season starting.

He left early and PSU replaced him with a Drew Tate clone who won 31 games and a Big Ten title/Rose Bowl; I rather doubt that happens here.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Petras simply lacks the physical requirements to play QB in the Big Ten. The beat writers and podcasters won’t say it but it’s true. I understand they have to be careful as to not lose access but fuck, the QB issues are beyond obvious

“I think Spencer can be a good QB is he gets a clean pocket, receivers get separation, and the running game gets established…”

Unless he transfers to Alabama, he’s not going to get those things. Very few QBs do.

An average MAC QB is better than Petras.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Petras simply lacks the physical requirements to play QB in the Big Ten. The beat writers and podcasters won’t say it but it’s true. I understand they have to be careful as to not lose access but fuck, the QB issues are beyond obvious

“I think Spencer can be a good QB is he gets a clean pocket, receivers get separation, and the running game gets established…”

Unless he transfers to Alabama, he’s not going to get those things. Very few QBs do.

Don Patterson basically said Western Illinois' quarterback is better. In a nice way, of course. Thinks he'll get a league shot.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

That's completely ignoring the mental aspects of the game, where he also is shitty

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Tom Brady hasn’t left a 3-yard radius circle since his career ended.
I appreciate the comparison, but maybe one of the worst ncaa quarterbacks of the last couple years, to the best nfl quarterback of all time isn’t exactly making the point you think it is. I mean sure, if Spence had the pocket presence of Tom Brady he’d be really good, if he had the athleticism of Patrick Mahomes he would be too, those things are on different planets from where he currently resides. It’s the unique combination of lack of movement with lack of vision with lack of decision making with lack of pocket presence that makes him so bad. If it was just lack of pocket presence he’d be Nate Stanley.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
Imagine spending all that money and time with that dorky QB “guru” and still completely sucking as a QB.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
If you look at his individual performance, going from an adj yards/attempt of 6.2 to 7.5+, or a QB rating of 119 to ~140 would put him at around a top 40 QB. He doesn't need to be great, just improve.
Lolololololololololol. Fuck.

still a sub 60% completion ratio. Identical Y/A. Still bottom 25% in the country in QBR

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Lolololololololololol. Fuck.

still a sub 60% completion ratio. Identical Y/A. Still bottom 25% in the country in QBR
QBR

37 Rocky Lombardi
38 Taulia Tagovailoa
40 Brock Purdy
44 Adrian Martinez