**Official 2021 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

I can't stop laughing at this. Peaches gets pushed lightly by a 4 foot, 120 lb 7th grader and his instant reaction to to turtle up and go down before he realizes he can just step up in the pocket. Now replace that midget with Aiden Hutchinson. Should be a fun little Saturday.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

I can't stop laughing at this. Peaches gets pushed lightly by a 4 foot, 120 lb 7th grader and his instant reaction to to turtle up and go down before he realizes he can just step up in the pocket. Now replace that midget with Aiden Hutchinson. Should be a fun little Saturday.
He doesn't turtle up.

But yes, playing against a varsity DE that's also a midget is hysterical.

Last edited:

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
This staff has always loved tall qbs. If Padilla was 2 inches taller he’d probably be starting

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jack Campbell 3rd team?? Can't tell if that's media or coaches.

Last edited:

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Jack Campbell 3rd team?? Can't tell if that's media or coaches.

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t watch a ton of cfb outside of iowa. So I’d say this is an egregious error except I have a one game sample size for 9 lb groups and a 0 game for most of the others.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Van Ness and Colby named Freshman All-American by the Maxwell Football Club.

I'm not up on recruiting or ND football, but wondering how the hell did we missed on the Alt kid? His dad being a Hawkeye and all. Did Iowa want him?

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Not getting Alt was a huge miss. Even a TE to OL convert that Iowa loves. Tough to fault him for choosing ND with how many OL that put in the NFL, though.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think he wanted to be coached by Chris Doyle, and when he was fired, he chose ND over Iowa.
That, and while we definitely would have taken him, we also had Colby, Stephens, Davidkov, and Dunker committed, AND would end up with Myslinski and now even Liddle is already moved to the OL. As good as he is, that's a crowded as fuck OL class.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Petras's high school highlights from signing day are interesting to go back and watch.

He's still basically the same guy. Doesn't move much in the pocket. Kind of does that same little hopping motion - only he's not facing high school defensive linemen anymore.
I always loved this video because of the hilarious sack attempt at :23.

Why is he out there? Presumably if you are playing a child on your defense, he is at least mean, fundamentally sound or athletic?

Nope, nope and nope.

Edit: Scooped AF.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
That is so fucking great. Retire that man’s number.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That, and while we definitely would have taken him, we also had Colby, Stephens, Davidkov, and Dunker committed, AND would end up with Myslinski and now even Liddle is already moved to the OL. As good as he is, that's a crowded as fuck OL class.
Colby and Alt will be in different classes from the rest. Problem solved, he can still come to Iowa!

Reaction score

thrawn

Reaction score
#13 CFP, which is confirmation it’s probably Rose or bust for NY6.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
This Athletic mock draft has Linebaum top 10 (#7) but obviously take it with a huge grain of salt as it has 0 zero ISU Cyclone going in the first round, let alone the 3-4 projected by highly sensible ISU fans

No ISU players, but it does have a tackle from UNI. Please test out and interview well, Penning, and give UNI a first round pick before ISU.