**Official 2021 Iowa Football Season Thread**

gable_guy

Reaction score
Ordered the football media guide. The time is near.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
The fuck did Emmetsburg do to you? You from Estherville, or something?
I could just as easily have picked Parkersburg or wherever. Just the first small town that came to mind.

Reaction score
Jerry Plow, Dakota Hogfutures and their walk-on buddies from Emmetsburg are not getting vaccinated. Their parents would disown them.
I’m willing to go on a limb and state that it’s more likely that Jerry Plow from e-burg is vaccinated. It’s Kevin Junkyard or Randy Firestone from East DSM that isn’t.

thrawn

Reaction score
I take that back! Koerner and Waggoner are in fact from the city and not the burbs. I assume west side or SW side though.

Reaction score
Pretty sure the only guy on the team from Des Moines is a black guy from the north side
I’m well aware of that but Verbal’s post wasn’t really in reference to the players but aimed at their parents and the people living in those rural communities.

Disregard…I didn’t put much thought into it anyways

thrawn

Reaction score
I’m well aware of that but Verbal’s post wasn’t really in reference to the players but aimed at their parents and the people living in those rural communities.

Disregard…I didn’t put much thought into it anyways
Don’t you dare back down. We have an e-fight to the death on this hill.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Driven by it a few times last couple days. Pretty nice sculpture. You come out of a roundabout and there it is. I believe RAGBRAI will be going by it too as the blacktop road out of town where Rosedale farm was is the same road we road on the last time the ride came through town.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
But it’s so close to Ames and Iowa state is the biggest most popular athletic department in the state why would they do this?????

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Jesus. How tall is he? 5’5?

HawkeyeJonesEsq

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Driven by it a few times last couple days. Pretty nice sculpture. You come out of a roundabout and there it is. I believe RAGBRAI will be going by it too as the blacktop road out of town where Rosedale farm was is the same road we road on the last time the ride came through town.
Ragbrai did go by, it was definitely noticeable.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Can't wait to wear my mask at Kinnick! I'm all in!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I didn't think I could get any more negative on Petras...
iowa is 68-32 since I made this post following a conversation with a staff member coming off a 4-8 season.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
iowa is 68-32 since I made this post following a conversation with a staff member coming off a 4-8 season.

That was depressing to see LilZaph and Jimmie all over the first page of that thread.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
After a long discussion with my INSIDER I am all aboard Spencer Petras train. I am calling it the clanging cymbals express. Limited tickets available, act now!!

CCMF
Welcome to the club.
From July 9th:
I’m going on record, Petras will be honorable mention all douche or better.
Being on the same page with Lwade makes me think I should reconsider. But I won’t.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Welcome to the club.
From July 9th:
Being on the same page with Lwade makes me think I should reconsider. But I won’t.
no one admits it, because it often defies common sense and/or physics, but deep down everyone wants to be LWade. Or, for some of you, be deep down in Lwade.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can expect anything different out of Petras until he is on the field and in a game. There is no doubt the physical talent is there however he is not facing opposing defenses or crowds in practice. Hell, he was terrible last year with no crowds. Until I see it, I am under the assumption that the crowd on the road will be another problem for him. Composure was not exactly a strength of his last season. Players improve and if Petras is good, this will be a 10 win team but even if the reports out of practice are great, it means very little till we see it in week 1. Bring it in!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can expect anything different out of Petras until he is on the field and in a game. There is no doubt the physical talent is there however he is not facing opposing defenses or crowds in practice. Hell, he was terrible last year with no crowds. Until I see it, I am under the assumption that the crowd on the road will be another problem for him. Composure was not exactly a strength of his last season. Players improve and if Petras is good, this will be a 10 win team but even if the reports out of practice are great, it means very little till we see it in week 1. Bring it in!
I trust this person very much. It takes a lot of balls to put my flawless rep on the line here at Hawkeye lounge dot com, but all aboard the Clanging Cymbals Express.