**Official 2021 Iowa Football Season Thread**

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Why aren’t the black guys playing?!?!?!?!

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
How does Ritter get on the field before the guys excelling in practice with a lot more speed/athleticism.... Presumably

This is Iowa football. A wide receiver won't see the field until they prove they are capable and willing blocker. I would guess this is the hold up.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Riley Moss, from Ankeny Centennial, dissing "snobby, rich," elitist pizza. Hmmm.
Lol Nico is from East Haven. I’m there quite a bit. It’s far from rich. Very working class, very Italian. Great food. The pizzas in that part of the country, many of which are made at decades old family-run businesses, are certainly better than what is made at a Fortune 500, gas station chain.

Incidentally my parents, who live near there, have talked with Nico’s uncle a few times. He wears Iowa everything and has Iowa stuff all over his vehicle because of Nico. Loves Kirk and loves the Hawks.

Last edited:

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
This is Iowa football. A wide receiver won't see the field until they prove they are capable and willing blocker. I would guess this is the hold up.
I think it's more like they won't see the field until the coaches are confident they won't run the wrong route resulting in a pick 6 (like Penux and that transfer WR not being on the same page). I'd bet both are playing a lot by the end of the season, but until Iowa is forced to be more aggressive on offense, they have the luxury of taking their time.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I think it's more like they won't see the field until the coaches are confident they won't run the wrong route resulting in a pick 6 (like Penux and that transfer WR not being on the same page). I'd bet both are playing a lot by the end of the season, but until Iowa is forced to be more aggressive on offense, they have the luxury of taking their time.
What does it matter is ol spence does t even throw to WR anyway

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Lol Nico is from East Haven. I’m there quite a bit. It’s far from rich. Very working class, very Italian. Great food. The pizzas in that part of the country, many of which are made at decades old family-run businesses, are certainly better than what is made at a Fortune 500, gas station chain.

Incidentally my parents, who live near there, have talked with Nico’s uncle a few times. He wears Iowa everything and has Iowa stuff all over his vehicle because of Nico. Loves Kirk and loves the Hawks.
You could have probably done without the weird, star-fucking second paragraph.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Yeah my dad, who lived in Iowa for 20 years, is talking to the guy with all the Iowa stuff in Connecticut because he's "star-fucking." Go fuck yourself.
They talked to a football players uncle? A few times?? Cool! Can they get Nico's autograph for me???

Reactions: BBK

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
Alabama leads NFL with most players on Week 1 rosters for 4th straight year
https://theathletic.com/news/alabama-leads-nfl-with-most-players-on-week-1-rosters-for-4th-straight-year/qySA5fYrcaws

Behind a pay wall but Iowa was 7th with 34 players. Only teams ahead of them: AL, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Clemson, and Notre Dame.

There is no better school in the country in terms of player development. Half the players from the schools ahead of Iowa were 5-star recruits and were always destined for the NFL barring injury. It doesn’t always translate to wins but what Iowa has done is pretty remarkable.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Alabama leads NFL with most players on Week 1 rosters for 4th straight year
https://theathletic.com/news/alabama-leads-nfl-with-most-players-on-week-1-rosters-for-4th-straight-year/qySA5fYrcaws

Behind a pay wall but Iowa was 7th with 34 players. Only teams ahead of them: AL, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Clemson, and Notre Dame.

There is no better school in the country in terms of player development. Half the players from the schools ahead of Iowa were 5-star recruits and were always destined for the NFL barring injury. It doesn’t always translate to wins but what Iowa has done is pretty remarkable.
I'll mention it again. Iowa is what Campbell, and by extension Iowa State fans, wish they were. It's nice when little brother looks up at big brother so fully and completely.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I'll mention it again. Iowa is what Campbell, and by extension Iowa State fans, wish they were. It's nice when little brother looks up at big brother so fully and completely.
There was an early Campbell quote where he said something about wanting to model the program after Ferentz, Snyder and one more...maybe Fitzgerald? Not sure. Anyway three guys that were at their places a long time and did well developing talent. My uncle (sane ISU fan) has mentioned that a few times.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
There was an early Campbell quote where he said something about wanting to model the program after Ferentz, Snyder and one more...maybe Fitzgerald? Not sure. Anyway three guys that were at their places a long time and did well developing talent. My uncle (sane ISU fan) has mentioned that a few times.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
How long before I can simply share a mobile ticket to a family member instead of having to go in and transfer?

If it's from the ticket office, you could probably just forward the email they send and have your family member download their tickets into their apple pay or google pay. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass

jquintana

Refuses to use capital letters
Reaction score
If it's from the ticket office, you could probably just forward the email they send and have your family member download their tickets into their apple pay or google pay. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass
That works. They do have to set up an account to load it to their phone wallet.

Last edited:

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
I hope the best for Tory and that organization, but I do not like that phrase.