**Official 2021 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's interesting that after Saturday's game, so many of the talking heads have been saying how Iowa isn't a complete team, that they are one-dimensional, etc. etc. The same people are gushing over the OU-Texas game and how that was two talented teams trading shots, etc. etc. Well those 2 teams are incomplete, one-dimensional teams too....it just happens to be a different dimension that people find more entertaining, but certainly isn't any indication of "quality."

The Tin Man

Reaction score
It's interesting that after Saturday's game, so many of the talking heads have been saying how Iowa isn't a complete team, that they are one-dimensional, etc. etc. The same people are gushing over the OU-Texas game and how that was two talented teams trading shots, etc. etc. Well those 2 teams are incomplete, one-dimensional teams too....it just happens to be a different dimension that people find more entertaining, but certainly isn't any indication of "quality."

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think someone else (maybe Doug) posted this in another thread, but it has been a fucking joy to watch this team this year and just savor each win. There’s so much emphasis on path to the playoff and rankings and shit, but I hope most Iowa fans are appreciating this season.

Pretty much all my friends are Ohio State fans and almost all the chatter every season is about National championship or bust, and there’s so much disappointment even with 10/11 win seasons. I’m not saying it isn’t fun to be an Alabama fan or Ohio State fan, etc. I don’t want that to come across as an Iowa Stateish type post like “were the best!”. I’ve been to those game day atmospheres and they are phenomenal. But I also appreciate being able to enjoy 8, 9, 10 win seasons and then have something like 09, 15, and this year come along. The margin for error for those other fan bases to have a really enjoyable season is so much smaller.

The other thing is that my friends could just be morons. This is probably true.

Last edited:

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Every game and win is great. I just keep hoping maybe this is the team that doesn't have the letdown game. There hasn't been any team in my life without two of them.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Every game and win is great. I just keep hoping maybe this is the team that doesn't have the letdown game. There hasn't been any team in my life without two of them.
i don’t consider Ricky blowing up his ankle a “letdown” just bad luck.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Kinda crazy how many potential all Americans we have this year.

Linderbaum is a lock
Taylor
Hankins
Moss
Shudak
Campbell

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I didn’t forgot Taylor. The quoted my post and deleted his name to make me look like an idiot. This board is full of losers!!!!!$:$:$

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
The Colorado State punter was pretty damn good, if I recall.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Penn State's punter (was he also their placekicker?) was pretty good