**Official 2021 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
I still think this is all rooted in Doyle not playing rap, which is definitely stupid, and making the players tuck their shirts in while in the weight room. Pretty sure that was Daniel's beef (fuck that guy, btw).

And what does wearing a trash can have to do with racism?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The version I was told was that Doyle didn't make him put it on his head, but told him to carry it, and DJK did that to be a clown.
I believe that was the story according to the Washed Up podcast.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
DJK loves Kirk and Iowa and seems to admit at least some blame now

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
DJK was told to hold the can because he was being a jackass while everyone was listening to Kirk talk at the end of practice, kicking footballs into a trash can like a soccer player and yelling “goalllll” so loud he was interrupting.

DJK did the trash can on his head on his own because he’s a jackass. When he got kicked off the team, his memory changed.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I told the DJK trash can story on here a couple months after it happened because one of my good friends was a walkon at the time.

The team was huddled up and Kirk was going over practice. There were a couple soccer balls laying around that the kickers were fucking around with while they stood and watched practice. DJK started kicking them into the trash can and yelling ‘GOAAAAAL’ distracting everyone from what Kirk was saying. No idea if he was told to carry the trash can or wear it.

He also showed up over an hour late to a workout pretty hungover the day after his 21st birthday then got into it with Doyle because he didn’t think he should have to lift the day after his 21st. Doyle didn’t make him do 100 squats but it was probably the next worst workout.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
I think I've heard that story before.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I told the DJK trash can story on here a couple months after it happened because one of my good friends was a walkon at the time.

The team was huddled up and Kirk was going over practice. There were a couple soccer balls laying around that the kickers were fucking around with while they stood and watched practice. DJK started kicking them into the trash can and yelling ‘GOAAAAAL’ distracting everyone from what Kirk was saying. No idea if he was told to carry the trash can or wear it.

He also showed up over an hour late to a workout pretty hungover the day after his 21st birthday then got into it with Doyle because he didn’t think he should have to lift the day after his 21st. Doyle didn’t make him do 100 squats but it was probably the next worst workout.
Im hearing the same.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I still think this is all rooted in Doyle not playing rap, which is definitely stupid, and making the players tuck their shirts in while in the weight room. Pretty sure that was Daniel's beef (fuck that guy, btw).

And what does wearing a trash can have to do with racism?
It’s pretty common practice around the country to have shirts tucked in during weight workouts. That’s a pretty silly thing to be upset about. Attention to detail is basically what Iowa football is.

CamelTones

Reaction score
They were talking about Michigans schedule next year so I looked at Iowas.

Gotta love starting Big Ten play with @Minnesota, vs Michigan, @Purdue and @Ohio State.

Bunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Minnesota is going to be bad next year, at least their offense will be.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Minnesota is going to be bad next year, at least their offense will be.
Morgan is back (good or bad), Ibrahim is back, Autman-Bell is back. Some talent, and think their schedule is easy iirc

Bunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Morgan is back (good or bad), Ibrahim is back, Autman-Bell is back. Some talent, and think their schedule is easy iirc
Their Oline will have 4 new starters, from what I last heard. They'll also have a new offensive coordinator, that could be good or bad depending on who they hire.

As a side note, I was listening to local sports radio. It is nice hearing radio hosts being jealous of Iowa's success and ability to have stability.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Their Oline will have 4 new starters, from what I last heard. They'll also have a new offensive coordinator, that could be good or bad depending on who they hire.

As a side note, I was listening to local sports radio. It is nice hearing radio hosts being jealous of Iowa's success and ability to have stability.
They brought back Kirk Cirarrocca as OC.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I admire his grit and trying to prove he's a person who can handle adversity, but goodness he has to realize every bad pass or easily avoided sack next year is going to earn him choruses of boos in Kinnick.

Reaction score
Hell no, if the QB of the Iowa Football team is concerned with what people are saying about him online he's already lost the battle.
They asked him directly about it, he didn’t put out a statement. He said he can handle it, it sucks that his mom reads it and gets upset about it.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
They asked him directly about it, he didn’t put out a statement. He said he can handle it, it sucks that his mom reads it and gets upset about it.
I’d be in for raising 100k for him to be on the sidelines next year as a member of the staff rather than the team