**Official 2022 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Pipiyopee

Reaction score
Spence knows this super duper complicated offense better than anyone. He can’t keep his pants dry long enough to do anything with that knowledge. But he knows it.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I bet he’s doing lots of dot drills.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Say what you want about Iowa fan, they are basically undefeated when it comes to being right about good Qbs not starting. Banks, Stanzi, Cj
I don’t remember giving a single shit who the backup was for Jake Christensen.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Say what you want about Iowa fan, they are basically undefeated when it comes to being right about good Qbs not starting. Banks, Stanzi, Cj
Lol. You forgot to mention every other back up quarterback.

Monster

Reaction score
That's not true though.
Fine.

But it's incorrect to say fans are "undefeated". To a certain extent, fans have clamored for more than just those three. Selective data.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Fine.

But it's incorrect to say fans are "undefeated". To a certain extent, fans have clamored for more than just those three. Selective data.
Let’s list the backups that Iowa fan has clamored for, that have not proven to be better than the starter.
Go!

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Jake Christensen. Idk about message boards but in the stands fans wanted him to come in for Tate.
I don’t recall any consistent outcry for Tate to be replaced. I remember people loved Drew Tate, and still do.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Several dipshits I was in HMB with wanted Christensen over Tate in 2006, and were very loud in their dipshittery.

Threats of forcible sodomy by clarinet usually shut them up.

Monster

Reaction score
Many fans wanted AJ Derby over JVB. But probably not enough fans. Or they weren't loud enough. Or something.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
So now it's "consistent".
Right. If we are saying that a half dozen of nolooks Casey’s friends want the backup, then I an not counting that. If we are then sure, Iowa fans always want the backup.

I am talking about times where a majority of Iowa fans believed and were vocal about the backup being better.

I thought that was obvious.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Many fans wanted AJ Derby over JVB. But probably not enough fans. Or they weren't loud enough. Or something.
Did AJ Derby ever play at QB? JVB was terrible, so maybe Derby was better.

Monster

Reaction score
I think the bottom line is the nature of sports makes people think like dipshits. Back in October two friends of mine wanted to bench Aaron Rodgers and start Jordan Love. Said Rodgers had "lost it". This was after a bad half against Cincinnati. It happens everywhere with every fan base. It's happened with Iowa fans with more than just those 3 quarterbacks.

That being said, Petras and Padilla are going to transfer and Labas will start.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Fine.

In fairness, there is a terribly terribly low bar for QB play at Iowa

Monster

Reaction score
In fairness, there is a terribly terribly low bar for QB play at Iowa
There has been. But there has also been 3 quarterbacks who have been on nfl rosters. Not as good as some, better than others.

That being said, Labas is going to be great.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Several dipshits I was in HMB with wanted Christensen over Tate in 2006, and were very loud in their dipshittery.

Threats of forcible sodomy by clarinet usually shut them up.
You just confirmed everything I’ve ever assumed about HMB members

Monster

Reaction score
How did he do?
3-6 for 50 yards. Good enough to confirm to many Iowa fans he should start.

But it doesn't matter. You're going to twist and contort the requirements in order to be right. It's OK. I don't care enough to continue. Especially because I know Labas is going to start next year.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
There has been. But there has also been 3 quarterbacks who have been on nfl rosters. Not as good as some, better than others.

That being said, Labas is going to be great.
I desperately want you to be right. It’s almost offensive that Iowa puts up with Spencer Fucking Petras at QB. It simply bottles my mind.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
3-6 for 50 yards. Good enough to confirm to many Iowa fans he should start.

But it doesn't matter. You're going to twist and contort the requirements in order to be right. It's OK. I don't care enough to continue. Especially because I know Labas is going to start next year.
I hope you’re right, but I don’t think you are. I’ll set a calendar reminder to check in Labor Day weekend to see who is right.