**Official 2022 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

3rd Generation Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

It looks like he was drafted straight out of college as an NFL tight end. I don’t understand how he lost millions of dollars by not listening to KF.
He didn't switch to TE until right before his senior year. It's reasonable to believe that he would have been a far more polished TE had he switched positions several years earlier. And if he had been more polished, it likely that he would have been drafted higher or sustained a longer career--potentially both.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

It looks like he was drafted straight out of college as an NFL tight end. I don’t understand how he lost millions of dollars by not listening to KF.
Had he stayed at Iowa, I thinks at worst an all-conference player and possibly much much more. That likely means he’s drafted way way ahead of the late 6th round, and significantly more prepared to play TE in the NFL. Instead he messed around trying to play QB at 3 different schools

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
O'Keefe wanted to keep him at QB. Iowa moved derby to LB before he transferred, not TE. He moved to TE later.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
3-6 for 50 yards. Good enough to confirm to many Iowa fans he should start.

But it doesn't matter. You're going to twist and contort the requirements in order to be right. It's OK. I don't care enough to continue. Especially because I know Labas is going to start next year.
I don’t want to take you to outrageous claims court but I most certainly have no recollection of this being the case.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
@Herky823 is correct on Drew Tate and Jake Christensen. The forums were all over Tate that season as the team struggled and Tate would get firey towards teammates. There were a lot of posters wanting JC to replace him.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
iowa would not have gone to a bowl with Brad Banks at QB in 2001.
this is as dumb as it gets. go through that schedule and find me 2 more losses if heisman runner up Brad Banks was playing QB. I’d argue, strongly, that 7-5 was the floor with Banks, and better the more likely outcome.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
this is as dumb as it gets. go through that schedule and find me 2 more losses if heisman runner up Brad Banks was playing QB. I’d argue, strongly, that 7-5 was the floor with Banks, and better the more likely outcome.
take it up with his teammates.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
no thanks. i know my eyes weren’t lying to me.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The old schedule was an absolute nightmare and could very well have set up to start the season 3-4 or worse. 3 of the first 4 conference games on the road and the only home game was Michigan. 5 of the first 7 in conference on the road overall. Had that schedule held and depending on if Peaches was the QB, would have been predicting a 7 win season.

The new schedule is a billion times better. Set up with a much better chance to go 5-1 before going to Ohio State. All the rivalry games at the end of the year when hopefully they have figured out what type of team they are and have the best players on the field with time for the young players to solidify their spots in the 2-deeps. Also a much better schedule to break in a first time starter.

OhFFSman

Entrepreneur
Reaction score
1st Team PAC12 Kick returner
seeing any offers to wr transfers? not sure why we hate recruiting that position for numbers or quality IMHO. our track record is poor on nfl talent there, I wish we would take more chances in particular with size.

Last edited:

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
seeing any offers to wr transfers, not sure why we hate recruiting that position for numbers or quality IMHO. our track record is poor on nfl talent there, I wish we would take more chances in particular with size.
Don't forget QB's.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Please make the Michigan game a night game. If that gets stuck in the Fox Big Noon time slot I’m going to be pissed.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Someone needs to make a coming back graphic for peaches just to see the Twitter reactions

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
All these players returning is great fucking news ...............

now if only they could find a way to untie the dragging anchor that is Petras before the start of Fall camp - preferably before Spring ball - that'd be even more fantastic.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
My kid has no problem wearing his #16 “Beathard” jersey to represent Charlie Fucking Jones.
Is he still made to believe the drinking age is 25? I wanna party with him!

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
seeing any offers to wr transfers? not sure why we hate recruiting that position for numbers or quality IMHO. our track record is poor on nfl talent there, I wish we would take more chances in particular with size.
They’ve offered a couple but based on that Hawkeye recruiting Twitter account that tracks who the coaches follow they appear to move on pretty quick.