**Official 2022 Iowa Football Season Thread**

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I don’t see stats like that in marvel at how Iowa has unlocked some secret formula. I see stats like that and get pissed off that incompetence on offense cost them a 10 win season.
Exactly- hey if IOWA consistently had a good offense they would have won all those game plus many others...how bout that

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
If Parker and the defense hadn’t been there to rescue this team, it would have been very bad.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
A wrinkle
When I saw LaPorta in bowl prep behind center, I thought it was to help the centers with their timing. Lol that he was practicing snaps to a tight end for the fucking bowl game.

Lol too that the color analyst thought Iowa was showing up Kentucky by having a tight end play wildcat. No, our offensive coordinator is just retarded.

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
Relax, Kirk is going to evaluate things now. I’m sure he’ll also see we had one of the worst offenses in college football the last couple of seasons. And, make a change in Offensive Coordinators.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
At least Pottebaum didn’t get the ball today. I thought for sure that was going to be a box Brian would try to check in the last game of the season. Probably with the typically disastrous, yet hilarious results.
He didn't get the ball, but he was one of the backs beside LaPorta in that brilliant formation. Really making them think there....

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
You don’t get the way iowa plays defense without Kirk. He deserves a billion times more credit for their defense and special teams. It’s like he made a choice, I’d say it was too severe of a choice, but still.

Reaction score
Whining about idea of Laporta at QB is just another symptom of BDS. I’ll take TE wildcat in short yardage anytime over the Goodson wildcat.

If it were up to me it would be a normal thing. It’s a no brainer for Iowa because they recruit lots of athletic TEs anyway.

I don’t trust Brian to implement it, but it’s absolutely a good idea.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
Whining about idea of Laporta at QB is just another symptom of BDS. I’ll take TE wildcat in short yardage anytime over the Goodson wildcat.

If it were up to me it would be a normal thing. It’s a no brainer for Iowa because they recruit lots of athletic TEs anyway.

No, it’s not. The better idea is putting a te in motion stopping directly behind the qb and pushing him forward. Every single fucking time you think, “you know, wildcat wouldbe great here.” Do the play I just described, it’s better.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
And now not chewing any clock, at all, is obviously a mistake.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

1st and 10 is not short yardage.

Reaction score
No, it’s not. The better idea is putting a te in motion stopping directly behind the qb and pushing him forward. Every single fucking time you think, “you know, wildcat wouldbe great here.” Do the play I just described, it’s better.
I’m not talking one yard, more like 1st and goal from the 5 when you haven’t been running the ball particularly well.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Bob is not only on the spectrum but also slightly retarded.

Respectfully.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I'll take the no wildcat.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
I’m not talking one yard, more like 1st and goal from the 5 when you haven’t been running the ball particularly well.
I know what you’re talking about. You’re wrong, it happens.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
For years ol Whammo assured us that Iowa had just as many dipshits as Iowa State. I still don’t believe that to be true. However, recent events have had me venturing to other Hawkeye message boards more….and HOLE-E SHEET….so we have some weirdos.

Heres an exchange I came across this morning: question from the OP: “
I am not arguing whether this is right or wrong, deserved or not, simply asking questions. Yea or No:

1. Do you believe if Brian was not Kirks son, he would be retained as OC next year?

2. If he is retained, do you believe that is what is best for the program?”

Response from one of this particular boards biggest Kirk/Brian apologists:

“I will wait until BF is officially retained before answering hypotheticals about him being retained”

In short, we may have an LWade….but other Hawkeye boards have a lot more of them

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Van Ness was good, but I never saw dominance to suggest a first or second round pick. He must have/will need very good testing numbers to get drafted in the first two rounds. If you look at the ends taken in the first 2 rounds in the last two years, they’re all elite athletes for the position other than AJ and Greg Rousseau, who both had big time production.

SuperHans

Reaction score
Seems to me Van Ness' draft stock is tied to what he's projected to be moreso than the player he currently is
FWIW he has tape against at least 3 OTs with first round buzz - Skoronski, Paris Johnson and Olu Fashanu (who is returning to Penn State). So scouts must see something in that film.

SuperHans

Reaction score
Yeah there’s this and another clip of him bull rushing Paris Johnson into Stroud.

I get it, but I didn’t see him dominate like that on a consistent basis. I’m not sure he was a better college player than Chauncey Golston or Anthony Nelson.

Who are the DEs under Kirk drafted in the first two rounds? Roth, Clayborn, Epenesa - those guys were special.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
Hard to say with him leaving early, but he went from "no talk about being drafted" to "20 something best prospect" in about a month. I was really hoping he'd be back and have a MASSIVE year next year. Sucks he won't be.