**Official #22 USC vs. #16 Iowa Holiday Bowl Thread - 12/27/19 - 7pm - FS1**

Reaction score
I got lost in a twitter rabbit hole reading the posts from some SoCal high school coach who brought his kids to the game. He is involved in some coaching association out there. His timeline evolved into a Kirk love fest to the point where he was literally recording warmup drills. Other HS coaches were jumping into his TL raving about our program and asking him to post more vids.

seriously if we could just get 1 or 2 highly ranked SoCal kids a year that would be awesome.

It’s sort of disappointing in all the Kirk/Iowa love we hear from media around these games that they don’t give more publicity to his insane efficiency at putting guys in the league.

I thought I remembered a chart 2-3 years ago where some football nerd showed Iowa was basically 3rd best in the country at getting guys in to the NFL when compared to their recruiting ranking.

And in the last three years he’s had:

2 first round picks
2 second round picks
1 third round pick
4 fourth round picks

And he’s about to have another 2 first rounders again

that’s just nuts when you look at where they rank in recruiting each year.

would be awful nice to hear a couple National guys say “if you want to play in the NFL, if that’s your goal, Iowa should be one of the top 5-6 choices out of high school.”

Reaction score
That was the most fun ever in chat during that drive when Iowa was ramming it down their throat with everyone screaming AGAIN!!
The chant was so loud at the stadium. Such a fun game, enhanced by two drunk USC douches being kicked out of my section in the first half.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Were Tracy and ISM holding up 2 fingers to mock USC after they scored their touchdowns?

BngHawk

Florida Man
Reaction score
According to the usc game thread I’ve been reading, Hawkeye fans are trash and “Midwest nice” is a myth.

Gushawk

Could Push Johnny Weir Down
Reaction score
I’ve never considered myself a particularly nice fan.

Reaction score
According to the usc game thread I’ve been reading, Hawkeye fans are trash and “Midwest nice” is a myth.
I would politely tell the to go fuck themselves. And it's Iowa nice jackasses. And don't f'ing compare us to that Iowa nice B'bag.

Gushawk

Could Push Johnny Weir Down
Reaction score
fox = sweater puppy expert

buffy = sweater puppy amateur

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I need the BTN in 60 version of this to get me through the offseason

Reaction score
Speaking of this, I don't recall, did they ever show the USC song girls? That was always a plus when playing USC.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
Speaking of this, I don't recall, did they ever show the USC song girls? That was always a plus when playing USC.
I didn't see them and remember complaining about that during the game. ABC wouldn't have screwed that up.

Fair and Balanced

Calls Soda “Coke”
Reaction score

CamelTones

Reaction score
That was an awesome play though.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Slovis was damn good. Scored the most points on an Iowa D all year. Wow that backup was trash though. USC don't have anybody better than that guy? Lol

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Slovis was damn good. Scored the most points on an Iowa D all year. Wow that backup was trash though. USC don't have anybody better than that guy? Lol
Slovis was their second string, so even though they're shitty by USC standards they still have an embarrassment of riches. This last year was a bad recruiting year for them but the 2nd half guy was their 3rd stringer.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
He was their third string qb to start the year. Fucking scooped!!!

Bob

Reaction score
Their starter going into the year was a 5* who won the job last year as a true freshman, which caused at least one guy to transfer and I think scared off most big QB recruits. Then he got hurt in the first game and Slovis, who wasn't really a huge recruit but got a lot of camp buzz from the coaching staff, came in and blew up.

Last edited:

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Their starter going into the year was a 5* who won the job last year as a true freshman, which caused at least one guy to transfer and I think scared off most big QB recruits. Then he got hurt in the first game and Slovis, who wasn't really a huge recruit but got a lot of camp buzz from the coaching staff, came in and blew up.
didn’t someone mention Slovis was only 3* on the team?

Bob

Reaction score
He's not the only one but at least among contributors it's not a very long list.

CamelTones

Reaction score
He's not the only one but at least among contributors it's not a very long list.
Not going back to the tweet from Blair, but I believe it was Slovis, one offensive lineman and 1 defensive player. Everyone else was either 4 or 5 stars according the rivals.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score