**Official #22 USC vs. #16 Iowa Holiday Bowl Thread - 12/27/19 - 7pm - FS1**

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious live. We were discussing it during the game in light of the PSU game last year.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
One hour replay coming up on BTN at 10:30

Reaction score
I watched the game for the first time on TV tonight. First, were people going absolutely nuts that Stanley's sneak was not reversed?!? It was an obvious touchdown. He's lying on top of people and his arm/the ball are in the endzone. Wtf.

My observations are that was even more of an offensive clinic than I remembered. The comparison is that most of Iowa's TDs play/big plays looked almost effortless, which is a sign of out scheming. Where SC (particularly with Slovis) was getting theirs through great efforts/catches. Usually an Iowa guy is inches from making the play but throw was on, receivers were great.

My hope for next year is that basically we show early that Petars can throw a mean deep ball (even if it doesn't hit) because ISM has the film to take the top of defenses (and B. SMith too with size for outside shoulder throws). Hopefully this opens up the run game a bit more.

Also it is striking how fast ISM is. I assume he'll make the combine and I think he may actually post a sub 4.4. One of the fastest guys I've ever seen at Iowa. Fucking dusted the USC DB (who presumably was a 4/58) on that 35 yard catch.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I watched the game for the first time on TV tonight. First, were people going absolutely nuts that Stanley's sneak was not reversed?!? It was an obvious touchdown. He's lying on top of people and his arm/the ball are in the endzone. Wtf.
Oh, I was bitching at home. It was pretty obvious to me. But, I wasn't overly pissed because I knew the game was in hand and Iowa was going to shove it up their ass for a TD anyways on the next play.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Oh, I was bitching at home. It was pretty obvious to me. But, I wasn't overly pissed because I knew the game was in hand and Iowa was going to shove it up their ass for a TD anyways on the next play.
Not running the sneak again was the right call but I'll be dammed if I wasn't hoping they would.

HoundedHawk

Bayard
Reaction score
I agreed with the announcer. He should have done another sneak because it just couldn't be stopped. We were at that point.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Not running the sneak again was the right call but I'll be dammed if I wasn't hoping they would.
Ankles so thick, son

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Watched a little of it at lunch. It's strange watching iowa's long, methodical drives in that format.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

Herky823

President of the Yang Gang
Reaction score
Hotel in Atlanta (hey everybody?) is playing the game right now on the main tv in the bar. 5 star accommodations

Last edited: