**Official #22 USC vs. #16 Iowa Holiday Bowl Thread - 12/27/19 - 7pm - FS1**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt on the call.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I would always prefer a Jan 1 bowl game but getting slaughtered by Alabama didn’t sound real fun.

I don’t like the time slot or channel for exposure purposes but playing USC should help with that. I also think Florida is more beneficial than California for recruiting purposes. So there’s some disappointment for me there but a win over USC in Southern California will make the days that follow quite enjoyable to watch.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
For years of my childhood the only bowls I cared about were Rose and Holiday.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I would always prefer a Jan 1 bowl game but getting slaughtered by Alabama didn’t sound real fun.

I don’t like the time slot or channel for exposure purposes but playing USC should help with that. I also think Florida is more beneficial than California for recruiting purposes. So there’s some disappointment for me there but a win over USC in Southern California will make the days that follow quite enjoyable to watch.
The bolded is the only part that matters.

douglasbader

Reaction score

They are in prime time with no other relevant sporting event on. It ends up being one of the higher rated game of the bowl season because of that similar to the Alamo Bowl. It is great for exposure.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

They are in prime time with no other relevant sporting event on. It ends up being one of the higher rated game of the bowl season because of that similar to the Alamo Bowl. It is great for exposure.
Isn't there another bowl game at the same time on espn?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

NY6/Holiday

douglasbader

Reaction score

Isn't there another bowl game at the same time on espn?
I guess so, but 1 hour 15 minutes earlier and it is the shitty Texas Bowl.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score

From TOS:
Last year the Redbox on Fox had just under 3.8 million viewers, and the Holiday on FS1 had half that (1.8 million). The last time the Holiday Bowl drew over 2 million was in 2016, the last time it was on ESPN.
I’m by no means saying I would have preferred the Redbox but using that for comparison. The Outback has 3.26M last year versus Mississippi State. The citrus bowl was over 7M.

Ratings or exposure wise, I’m not sure it is a big win.

douglasbader

Reaction score

From TOS:
Last year the Redbox on Fox had just under 3.8 million viewers, and the Holiday on FS1 had half that (1.8 million). The last time the Holiday Bowl drew over 2 million was in 2016, the last time it was on ESPN.
I’m by no means saying I would have preferred the Redbox but using that for comparison. The Outback has 3.26M last year versus Mississippi State. The citrus bowl was over 7M.

Ratings or exposure wise, it isn’t a win.
RATT

Reaction score
Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt on the call.
Hopefully this means the same production crew that did their big noon games. Their use of simultaneous replays showing the QB and the receivers running routes is top notch.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It’s a Friday night and it’s right between the Texas and Cheez It Bowls.

Im much more excited about this game than I was last years game against Mississippi State.

No offense, but worrying about exposure for second tier bowl games is dumb.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Exposure doesn’t mean shit. No one cares. Get the 10th win.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
The only eyeballs I’m concerned about watching this game are my own. Preferably through a good base of alcohol.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’d be shocked if Iowa doesn’t travel well to this one.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Exposure doesn’t mean shit. No one cares. Get the 10th win.
Correct. And the idea that a Florida recruit is going to pick Iowa because they were one of the 50 teams playing a bowl in their state is also retarded.

Reaction score
Fans will be excited to go to a good location that's not in Florida. I've basically been planning on this trip for a year.

Reaction score
Virtually every hardcore Iowa fan on the West coast will go to this and there’s a lot of us.

I hate to bring the game up but the same crowd that traveled to ASU in 04 and Arizona in 10

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Does that package come with the chance to drink next to Hey guys, it's Williams!?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wirfs and Epenesa playing, as expected. Geno Stone also filed draft paperwork. Didn't see anything on anyone else.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Ffs, those prices are about what I saw for Rose Bowl

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

From TOS:

Ratings or exposure wise, I’m not sure it is a big win.
May have had something to do with Northwestern vs Utah on New Year’s Eve last year. Just spitballing.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Ffs, those prices are about what I saw for Rose Bowl
It's almost like you're traveling to the same part of the country...
Someone translate those prices for balls.

You’d have to do the dishes for mom 9 million times and fold her underwear 750 times to earn it. Is that what you paid to go to Pasadena?