**Official #22 USC vs. #16 Iowa Holiday Bowl Thread - 12/27/19 - 7pm - FS1**

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Shall we sculpture park my friend?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
How many Iowa fans will find themselves waking up tomorrow naked and jackin' it in San Diego?

Reaction score
Side note but i think brady Quinn is actually pretty good at his job. Leniert is not terrible and could be decent as well.
They missed Urban tonight. He would have cut the USC boys off early and gone into a "Let's give Iowa credit..." rant that lasted a couple minutes.

Creed

Reaction score
My penus is still hard. How many hours has it been?

Creed

Reaction score
Losing to USC would have been gheyer than Paul chryst and his mouth-breathing bullshit.

Creed

Reaction score
Imhir smith-marsette is a mothafuckin pro.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Repeat was wearing a Ryan Driscoll jersey in the stands, which was pretty cool. It's strange to think that Eppy was playing for Iowa two years before Kirk arrived.

That ass kicking resulted in four hours of sleep. I'm still excited. My kid was over watching the game and he left to go back to his apartment. He said there were 5 guys already there watching the last game. He texted me this, saying how he walked in the front door.

Oh, Reggie Bush is an embarrassment to his profession and those refs sucked. I will also say that Stanley had the TD on his last sneak. Another BS review.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
had to follow it on my phone last night.

coaching and work ethic matter. kirk and his boys shit stomped that bunch of entitled fucks.

many at FS1 must eat the bag of dicks today.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
So i guess this means iowa will finish ranked above Iowa state
I don’t know. Ross Peterson thought ISU could lose their last two AND the bowl game and be ranked.

lol. Fuck them. Iowa broke its dick off in USC last night.

gable_guy

Reaction score
The best summary of USC for that game was Fink making the business decision to not go after the bad snap once he saw the Iowa guys.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
The best summary of USC for that game was Fink making the business decision to not go after the bad snap once he saw the Iowa guys.
Fink really made me appreciate Stanley's and Slovis's arm strength. He looked like he was throwing rainbows.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
This 5 year run is pretty historic for Iowa fans. Weird that we aren’t really feeling like we are gonna miss Stanley when he has been a part of maybe not the best individual teams but a super strong run

Bob

Reaction score
Even Fink's one pretty good game this year against Utah was just him chucking up jump balls into coverage and the receivers winning. He really sucks. Slovis and their WRs are legit though, and Harrell is going to be a head coach soon. They'd be a scary team if they played any defense at all.

Bob

Reaction score
This 5 year run is pretty historic for Iowa fans. Weird that we aren’t really feeling like we are gonna miss Stanley when he has been a part of maybe not the best individual teams but a super strong run
The staff seems to have hit a nice groove, I think they mostly have the right assistants and the recruiting has bumped up enough that they should be in the hunt for the west more often than not. They need to make changes with the run scheme but otherwise there isn't a ton to complain about.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Repeat was wearing a Ryan Driscoll jersey in the stands, which was pretty cool. It's strange to think that Eppy was playing for Iowa two years before Kirk arrived.

gable_guy

Reaction score
USC
4 Stars - 39
5 Stars 6
Wins - 0

Iowa
4 Stars - 6
5 stars - 1
Wins - 1

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

That ass kicking resulted in four hours of sleep. I'm still excited. My kid was over watching the game and he left to go back to his apartment. He said there were 5 guys already there watching the last game. He texted me this, saying how he walked in the front door.

Oh, Reggie Bush is an embarrassment to his profession and those refs sucked. I will also say that Stanley had the TD on his last sneak. Another BS review.
That was my thought too, everyone else I was watching with disagreed but there's no way his knee or elbow were down when the ball crossed. But of course you can't prove it in a big pile

Last edited:
Reaction score
The staff seems to have hit a nice groove, I think they mostly have the right assistants and the recruiting has bumped up enough that they should be in the hunt for the west more often than not. They need to make changes with the run scheme but otherwise there isn't a ton to complain about.
Hopefully IKM comes back. He’s got a gear/quickness that Young or Sargent don’t have. Our RBs/WRs will be fun to watch next year. Whomever is QB next year will have the luxury of playing with a talented skill position group to distribute the ball to.

I think the ambiguous cut block rules had a bigger effect than people think and Kirk probably will entertain the idea changing our blocking scheme a bit to adapt to the newer rules.

Last edited:

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
10-3, boyz.

Big Ten speed.

The DL concussed and fucked up the arm of that finesse QB.
It's been confirmed by AP that Epenesa is taking Slovis's arm home as a trophy.

scooped by the scop (Heaney's translation with some edits):

The captain had boldly fulfilled his boast.
He had healed and relieved a huge distress,
Unremitting humiliations,
The hard fate they’d been forced to undergo,
No small affliction. Clear proof of this
Could be seen in the hand the hero displayed
High up near the roof: the whole of Grendel’s
Shoulder and arm, his awesome grasp.

Bob

Reaction score
Hopefully IKM comes back. He’s got a gear/quickness that Young or Sargent don’t have. Our RBs/WRs will be fun to watch next year. Whomever is QB next year will have the luxury of playing a talented skill position group to distribute the ball to.

I think the ambiguous cut block rules had a bigger effect than people think and Kirk probably will entertain the idea changing our blocking scheme a bit to adapt to the newer rules.
I think it's way more a scheme thing at this point than anything to do with the running backs. I'm sure a hypothetical super fast five star back would help but there's only so much a running back can do on some of these plays where defenders are getting a free run at them because there are too many guys to block. The cut block thing hurts for sure but they also don't do enough off the outside zone to keep defenses off balance.

But we've gone over that stuff a lot, and Kirk did at least pay some lip service to potentially making changes next year in the lead up to the bowl so here's hoping he means it. If they can get back to just being a decent running team it'd make a huge difference.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Hopefully IKM comes back. He’s got a gear/quickness that Young or Sargent don’t have. Our RBs/WRs will be fun to watch next year. Whomever is QB next year will have the luxury of playing a talented skill position group to distribute the ball to.

Kirk has said as much, but it’s taken that stubborn sob 3 years to get there. I look forward to the run game being fixed next season with the best fucking offensive line coach in the universe focusing on change for the better.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's been more than 4 hours now. Should I see a physician?

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
FYI...if you look at the ESPN website this morning, you wouldn't even know that Iowa played a game last night. The only highlight from the game on the front page (those not associated with your preferences) is of the USC kicker recovering his own onside kick. Seriously.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
FYI...if you look at the ESPN website this morning, you wouldn't even know that Iowa played a game last night. The only highlight from the game on the front page (those not associated with your preferences) is of the USC kicker recovering his own onside kick. Seriously.
Not only that, they did the "Friday Highlights" on Gameday and completely skipped the Holiday Bowl.

I think it mostly has to do with the game being on FS1 and the rest being ESPN games.

Bob

Reaction score
The playoff starts today and it dominates like 90% of the national media conversation anyway so I'm not that surprised. It's okay, you watched the game, you don't need ESPN to tell you what happened! Free yourself from chasing Jesse Palmer's validation.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Let’s not go ISU fan here playing the disrepect card boyz.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing it up. Just thought it odd that it wasn't even mentioned.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Not only that, they did the "Friday Highlights" on Gameday and completely skipped the Holiday Bowl.

I think it mostly has to do with the game being on FS1 and the rest being ESPN games.
They just did the highlights and an Iowa segment. Corso with a nice Hayden story.