**Official #22 USC vs. #16 Iowa Holiday Bowl Thread - 12/27/19 - 7pm - FS1**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That was the most fun ever in chat during that drive when Iowa was ramming it down their throat with everyone screaming AGAIN!!

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I hate when I have to watch the game on delay, so miss out on chat. I really wanted a game thread last night to go back and read through.

That game was fun as hell!

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I know that USC defense is not up to Big 10 standards, but cant help but wonder where that attacking offense was during the regular season. The off-tendency play calling that was designed to counteract the over aggressive D that almost all the Big teams play against them. Fucking Brandon Smith makes the offense so much better, sucks he got hurt.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I know that USC defense is not up to Big 10 standards, but cant help but wonder where that attacking offense was during the regular season. The off-tendency play calling that was designed to counteract the over aggressive D that almost all the Big teams play against them. Fucking Brandon Smith makes the offense so much better, sucks he got hurt.
Iowa went 4-1 without Smith. It would've been nice to have him against Wisconsin but not sure he makes the difference.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Ultimately it sucked that Jackson and Schott were hurt the first half of the year. That had as much to do with losing the Michigan/Penn State games as anything. Iowa's offense also was different when they finally inserted Goodson and LaPorta full time.

Reaction score
Fuck that was fun last night! So much fuck you in that game. I woke up feeling like ass from this stupid weather and possibly over serving myself but had a smile on my face. Go Hawks.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I watched postgame and the next thing I know woke up on the couch at 2 am with drink still in hand. Late to this thread, but

What's the story on the Max outrage from postgame? I didn't see that.

Reaction score
That was the most fun ever in chat during that drive when Iowa was ramming it down their throat with everyone screaming AGAIN!!
That was great. I think Stanley scored but there was no way to prove it. Not as bad a call as some of the others. Just would have been awesome to score on the sneak. That had to be such a giant kick in the dick to SC and got Iowa all jacked up. I don’t know if there is a bigger fuck you than those few sneaks.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Dibs on “LaPorta: Spanish for The Porta” GameDay sign

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
10 win season again for KF. It’s great to be a Hawkeye.

douglasbader

Reaction score
@StinkyMcFadden mentioned it, but the play by Epenesa when he hurt Slovis was the entire game.

28-24 and USC is rolling after scoring an easy TD on the opening drive of the 2nd half and then gets an onside kick.

OJ was completely burned on the play. It was going to be a wide open walk in touchdown. Score would have been 31-28 USC with Iowa under all the pressure to go on a long drive and score.

Instead their stud QB was hurt and it was game over.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I love the USC sideline acting like a bunch of bozos pumping up the back up qb as he warmed up, and then he comes in and shits his pants.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Watching an Iowa player completely burn the entire USC team was something.

thrawn

Reaction score
I love the USC sideline acting like a bunch of bozos pumping up the back up qb as he warmed up, and then he comes in and shits his pants.
I liked the USC guy flexing after a sack down by 18 in the 4th quarter when USC finally got a stop that didn’t involve an Iowa drop

gable_guy

Reaction score
Watching an Iowa player completely burn the entire USC team was something.
I’m reminded of Kirk getting a little pissy with being asked about USC speed. Commenting it’s a bit overblown I believe

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
The playoff starts today and it dominates like 90% of the national media conversation anyway so I'm not that surprised. It's okay, you watched the game, you don't need ESPN to tell you what happened! Free yourself from chasing Jesse Palmer's validation.
As soon as people realize that ESPN doesn't produce sports journalism, they produce promotion for the product they're selling, it helps with the ESPN "bias" angst.

Bob

Reaction score
Iowa went 4-1 without Smith. It would've been nice to have him against Wisconsin but not sure he makes the difference.
Not unless he can play linebacker

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
The way USC absolutely collapsed on the center, running the ball was the right call by Brian but my God can you imagine the euphoria had Iowa actually snuck it in there for the TD?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Phil’s more aggressive than ever. Continued blitzing throughout game

thrawn

Reaction score
The way USC absolutely collapsed on the center, running the ball was the right call by Brian but my God can you imagine the euphoria had Iowa actually snuck it in there for the TD?
The refs not giving the TD to Stanley is the only thing I’m disappointed from from last night just because three straight sneaks for a TD was such a fuck you from Brian. They just knew that Iowa was kicking some serious ass and wanted so show off.

Last edited:

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I couldn't have been happier to see Kallenberg playing at guard instead of one of the brothers Paulson. Great win!

The Tin Man

Reaction score
That play calling reminded me of 2017 OSU. Misdirection, exotics, getting the ball to the playmakers in space.

Last edited:

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
What happened with Max pooper that had everyone going crazy?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa really should have scored 60+ last night.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
to be fair it gained two yards
No, there was something alluded to with post game comments.
He was just acting like a clown during the trophy ceremony.
During the D MVP trophy presentation and Eppy’s speech he was making stupid faces and fucking dabbing and shit in the background, hamming it up for the camera and looking like a complete dumbass. Then one of the lumberjacks put on that stupid camera helmet and looked like he was on a day pass from the special school.

Bob

Reaction score
Furious that someone enjoyed themselves after winning a football game