**Official Colorado State vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - FS1**

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
That game was closer than I wanted!! The multiple long passes were encouraging. Our defensive play was not.

Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with Goodson is he has a strong tendency to run to the edge even if there is an easy 3 yards in the middle behind your All American center.

It seems really dumb how much they've been trying to run to the outside where the tackles and TE blocking are weak vs. attacking the middle where you have the best player on your team and the other two strongest OL on the team at OG.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Sounded like there was a good chance Goodson wasn't supposed to play much yesterday.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Spencer was PFF's highest offensive Hawk this weekend. 91.7 then Keegan 90.2, and then the next offensive player is Plum 71.2. The line really took a step back this week.

Rolo Tomassi

Friend to All Small Animals
Reaction score
It would help, a lot, if they had a qb with any pocket presence at all. When things aren’t perfect Spence is terrible. He’s actually bad at play action, he’s bad at the fake, and he freaks out at the time he’s holding the ball. It sucks, and limits the offense incredibly.
And yet the announcer said yesterday that Petras is the perfect QB for Ferentz's offensive scheme. That, IMO, was a real head scratcher.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
Agreed other than I think the tunnel is a fine play in the right spots. He should have thrown it into the dirt.

He hung in against pressure and threw some good balls today.
In spots maybe but running it off PA is weird. The whole point of PA is to suck people up to the line.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
good question

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Btw , was anyone else surprised that we didn't just take a knee after taking over on downs with like 42 seconds left? Seems so not like Kirk to even hand the ball off there. I'm guessing that is Brian's call and not Kirk.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Btw , was anyone else surprised that we didn't just take a knee after taking over on downs with like 42 seconds left? Seems so not like Kirk to even hand the ball off there. I'm guessing that is Brian's call and not Kirk.
Game management the last two weeks has been pretty poor.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I think it might have been an "old man respect for another old man" things. Ferentz and Addazzio have plenty of history, and I could see Kirk thinking that taking a knee would be more disrespectful than "playing" (okay, just running) until the end.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the tv showed Kirk and Brian right after Iowa took over on downs and you can see Brian ask Kirk a question. It looks like Kirk responded with “run it.”

HawkBall23

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
There was a fuck ton of holding. After the one they actually called prior to the fumble, Addazio was out bitching at the refs for the entire next dead ball.
Almost every fucking offensive play for CSU featured a hold by at least one OL. Those big gainers/TDs that the Rams had were much more due to the lack of proper officiating rather than shitty Iowa defense.

Reaction score
I guess I'll hope the extra time they got yesterday(playing time that shouldn't have been needed) pays off eventually, probably, maybe.

Gushawk

DGAFIAP
Reaction score
I don’t chat due to differences in connection/signal speeds, but I’d otherwise enjoy it

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
How many balls are going to hit Koerner in the hands before he actually picks one?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
If they keep playing him he’s gonna cost them a game.
I hope he proves you wrong. I’d say either the coaches trust him, and he plays in any situation regardless of position on the field, or they don’t and he never plays. There’s no half measure.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
I hope he proves you wrong. I’d say either the coaches trust him, and he plays in any situation regardless of position on the field, or they don’t and he never plays. There’s no half measure.
Lol. That’s one of the more retarded takes I’ve ever heard.