**Official Colorado State vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - FS1**

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Omg, I mean I love our defense, but you really thought we could possibly win a national championship?

That's so sweet.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
First Iowa drive of the game, 2nd and 8 after they got a first down, Petras had at least 2 open options and the check down but he was locked on LaPorta and took a sack. Shit, he could have probably thrown the deep post to Jones as well. Ol’ Spence probably wants that one back.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Yeah, noticed that too, he's been responsible for more than a handful of running plays that gave gotten blown up this season.
I was over served while watching the game and drunkenly decided DeJong had an awful game, but it does appear the tight end blocking was real shitty yesterday. Lachey is worse than LaPorta in that respect. The other guys must not offer that piece either or Iowa would get them in the game for those zone stretch runs. Not winning at the point of attack there kinda ruins the play pretty quickly.

Reaction score
It wasn't just yesterday, he's had some misses in 3 of the 4 that I've noticed.

Iowa's best ground games have had TEs that can seal the edge or blow up LBs down field, that's definitely part of the problem with the zone scheme currently. That has to get better.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Oh and gtfo of here with thinking Maryland is gonna break our 25 point streak. Negro please
Correct. Iowa may lose, but it will be something like 17-10 or so. If Iowa scores 24 or more, Iowa wins.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
It seems like a big part of the problem is the passing game doesn't compliment the running game. They did include a couple of misdirection plays in the run game, but they need more of that too.
What sort of compliments should the passing game be giving the running game? Should it be whispering sweet nothings into the running game’s ear?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I was only able to watch part of the second half live, but after watching this morning it wasn't as bad as it made it look during the game.

Petras was a lot better other than the idiotic WR screen interception that Brian should be beaten over the head for calling. They finally went down the field and the young WR's are good and only going to be more of a factor going forward if Brian continues to use them. Johnson and Bruce are both better and have more big play ability than any of the older WR's. Johnson hopefully locked himself in as the #2 on the field and the outside threat. Bruce is a weapon.

The defense had some lapses, but they still only gave up 14 points, and that was more like 7 due to the horrible INT that gave Colorado points.

Maryland will be a challenge, but that is a big stage against a ranked opponent. They can and should be ready.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
What sort of compliments should the passing game be giving the running game? Should it be whispering sweet nothings into the running game’s ear?
Play action and screens, unfortunately Spence is bad at both of those things.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Spence is bad at playaction?

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
Spence is bad at playaction?
Yes, terrible at the fake, and his feet are awful. Requires him to have some pocket presence he completely lacks.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
We've got ourselves a bad mix on offense.

- OL that is struggling
- Immobile QB who loses his mind when pressured in the pocket

Petras needs a rock solid OL and doesn't have that right now. He's going to struggle mightily if he's throwing in obvious passing situations.

I don't see an easy answer here. Defenses can and will continue to crowd the line of scrimmage. For the offense to have success against this the OL has to be better.

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s the good cop to the idea of defensive players getting to call Petras a faggot’s bad cop.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Can u make sense of this?

What are we? In your estimation.
Beebs, I love ya, but do you realize that Big Ten East losses count the exact same as Big Ten West losses? There are no division specific metrics that are used to determine who wins the West. It's just entire conference wins and loses.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Beebs, I love ya, but do you realize that Big Ten East losses count the exact same as Big Ten West losses? There are no division specific metrics that are used to determine who wins the West. It's just entire conference wins and loses.
Tiebreakers, yo.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Unless you think a non-Iowa team is going to go 7-1 or better in the I am a giant douche. Because that would be a milagro

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Look, I want Georgia to buttfuck us at the 50 yard line and beat us 63-0 in the NCAA CFB Semifinal more than anyone, but cant we also sit at the "allowed to use a knife and fork" table at the nuthouse?

douglasbader

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but I think we are way overrating this team right now. I think Maryland is the difference between 5-3 and 6-2. Not 6-2 and 7-1 or 8-0.

We need that win badly.
"We" are way overrating this team right now? Who is? Halo?

If anything, this board is universally realistic about Iowa.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I feel like Im seeing a rather stiff breeze blowing in a very big dick direction; a breeze which doesn't seem to add up to the tiny dickness we've recently witnessed on the field.

Of course, prove me wrong hawks is my mantra, but as that breeze blows, all Im smelling is the rancid ass of future upset specials.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Can u make sense of this?

What are we? In your estimation.
If Iowa is a CFP team (they’re not) they can’t lose a game.
if Iowa is less than that I just want them to win as many games as possible, and the odds that giving up a game increases the expected win total at the end of the year seems silly

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
"We" are way overrating this team right now? Who is? Halo?

If anything, this board is universally realistic about Iowa.
Fair enough, but I keep hearing how Iowa should win every game other than Penn State. Perhaps it's my fault for misinterpreting "should" for "will".

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fair enough, but I keep hearing how Iowa should win every game other than Penn State. Perhaps it's my fault for misinterpreting "should" for "will".
Keep hearing from who?

I have heard none of this except maybe a random poster on this site.

Iowa is likely going to lose a couple games. 10-2 and in the Big Ten Championship Game is the goal.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If this team had Beathard or even Stanley, I would absolutely be expecting 11-1 or better, but there are going to be a couple games where it doesn't go our way and Petras isn't the type that will lead a team to a win and save them.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
They are ranked in the top five in September for the first time in 30 years, the West appears to be absolute garbage, they’re favored in every game, and the defense and special teams are the best I think I remember at Iowa. Obviously offense is an issue, and Spence blows and will cost them games. But if we are overrating them it’s only because they are universally overrated.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
If Iowa is a CFP team (they’re not) they can’t lose a game.
if Iowa is less than that I just want them to win as many games as possible, and the odds that giving up a game increases the expected win total at the end of the year seems silly
20210926_103134.jpg

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
What did we learn from the chat for grown men yesterday? Did many chatters find that Spencer keeps missing open receivers and did other chatting men find this agreeable?

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wisky led 13-10 in the 4th and lost 41-13, their qb had 4 ints including 2 returned for tds. As bad as Petros has been he is still not the worst qb in the b10