**Official Illinois vs. Iowa Football Thread - 1:00pm - FS1**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I recognize what those words mean, but i have no clue what that says

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That guy was an actual professional analyst. Not exactly like a fan using MIKE or WILL.

Also, I think he's the one who Jon Miller starting imitating with the POS## shorthand for players.

Reaction score
Because it is an incredible use of douche jargon
Douche jargon? They’re necessary descriptive terms that have meaning. Dash action is probably the most obscure word there. It would be a bit much for a tv broadcast but for his Twitter feed it’s not at all. No different than a basketball person describing a set with the types of screen or a defense icing a ball screen.

This site is so weird about that stuff. Anything beyond “he’s a pants pisser” “throw it deep” or “make an adjustment!” is blasted for trying too hard.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Douche jargon? They’re necessary descriptive terms that have meaning. Dash action is probably the most obscure word there. It would be a bit much for a tv broadcast but for his Twitter feed it’s not at all. No different than a basketball person describing a set with the types of screen or a defense icing a ball screen.

This site is so weird about that stuff. Anything beyond “he’s a pants pisser” “throw it deep” or “make an adjustment!” is blasted for trying too hard.
TE Room!!

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score

im safely assuming his bungness did not grace the grid iron with his talents.

#unclerico

Reaction score
TE Room!!
That one actually fits. Heard a guy the other day talk about the depth a team has in the “corner back room” which was next level.

Bunch of nerds around here just think that’s what’s going on when there’s any analysis that or terms beyond pee wee level.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score

Cry about it

Reaction score
I wasn’t bitching about GameFilm ftr. I enjoy his insightful stuff as it doesnt come from some heavy handed amateur like a Miller

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

I am funny as fuck and people here still call me “retarded” “douche” or “lacking basic decency”

people just don’t appreciate greatness these days.

douglasbader

Reaction score
That one actually fits. Heard a guy the other day talk about the depth a team has in the “corner back room” which was next level.

Bunch of nerds around here just think that’s what’s going on when there’s any analysis that or terms beyond pee wee level.
I think in fairness, we mostly are making fun of that idiot QB guru guy that trained Petras and fucking posers like Jon Miller trying to act like they have any clue of what they are talking about.

Mostly nobody has any issue with guys like Hawkeye Gamefilm and others like him.

I get triggered over joe schmo on halo talking about WILL and MIKE and shit like that because they sound like dorks.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Seriously, I get a professional analyst talking about QB8 or WR6 or TE84. He does this for a living and does that because he is looking at a whole bunch of teams and players and it is easy to track for everyone doing it that way.

Jon Miller as strictly an Iowa fan/blogger using things like RB15 or WR10? Fuck off and just say Goodson and Bruce.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think in fairness, we mostly are making fun of that idiot QB guru guy that trained Petras and fucking posers like Jon Miller trying to act like they have any clue of what they are talking about.

Mostly nobody has any issue with guys like Hawkeye Gamefilm and others like him.

I get triggered over joe schmo on halo talking about WILL and MIKE and shit like that because they sound like dorks.
go stick your dick in a mesh concept

Reaction score
Does that happen? I’m pretty sure the last time this came up it was after a @hawkeyegamefilm tweet also.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I also have to remind myself that ol' Jon Miller is the guy that tries to make a career out of being a natural gas / bitcoin / Hawkeye guru while his wife wrote a hostage/suicide note on their 20th Anniversary and bought a green screen for his basement but can't record a podcast that doesn't sound like he is in an empty tin can.

Reaction score
I also have to remind myself that ol' Jon Miller is the guy that tries to make a career out of being a natural gas / bitcoin / Hawkeye guru while his wife wrote a hostage/suicide note on their 20th Anniversary and bought a green screen for his basement but can't record a podcast that doesn't sound like he is in an empty tin can.
dont forget mortgage broker !!!!

douglasbader

Reaction score
Does that happen? I’m pretty sure the last time this came up it was after a @hawkeyegamefilm tweet also.
It used to, but myself and others on Halo relentlessly made fun of the people that did it and they stopped because they didn't want to get shamed.

Pipiyopee

Reaction score
I like gamefilm. I was making fun of myself for not knowing wtf he’s talking about there. Fwiw peace

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Like 80% of this page needs to be moved to the humble brag thread.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score

Lol. Good lord. Calm down, Bob.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
In Oklahoma.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Sure
Keep telling yourself that, tits.
dude, I went to an athletic powerhouse. Had I gone to a little drinkwater town like you, I'd have started in 3 sports for 4 years and stopped at wrasslin practice after dropping 20 on some 2A squad, tossed a few of you short unhappy dudes around, kissed your girl on the way out of the gym and gone on mindin my own business, cause that's how I roll.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Nolook jumped the fucking shark boyz