**Official Indiana vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN**

Reaction score
Concessions were short staffed and beer inventory was pretty low but I think it went over well considering the changes made.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Indiana was almost a perfect Douche analogy for what ISU was last year (and this year). Only difference is Big 12 happened to get the extra Ny6 bid. Indiana would have acquitted themselves just as well versus a 3-3 Oregon w/o its four best players in the Fiesta bowl and accordingly been top 10 hyped (everyone back!) this instead of top 15-20.

Something to think about next week as all bets are truly fucking off for evaluating teams in teh Covid year.
Dismissing last year as insignificant because of covid is odd to me, and seems to be utilized by many to fit shitty square narratives into even shittier round holes.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Dismissing last year as insignificant because of covid is odd to me, and seems to be utilized by many to fit shitty square narratives into even shittier round holes.
Really depends on what we're talking about. ISU deserves credit for their season, but getting all hot and bothered with their victory over Oregon is equally stupid.

Reaction score
Petras was average, lot of wide open receivers that he just doesn't see. The timing throws were better and seemed more accurate.
Iowa's defense is so fundamentally sound. Benson looked really good. Belton is a menace at the LOS. His interception was highly athletic

Great to be back in Kinnick and have a 14-0 lead 2 minutes into the game. This is a very good and talented Iowa team boys. The secondary is very sold and great tacklers.

Taylor the punter

Contain worked well against Penux and he doesn't have the accuracy to hit the throws that are needed against Iowa

Was in the bathroom during the Burrito Lift, that was a downside

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Why? Because you didn't like it?

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Why? Because you didn't like it?
Because Oregon had so many players opt out of the season. I mean, they still have a Fiesta Bowl trophy in their trophy room so good on them. But Oregon didn’t have their best foot forward. That doesn’t mean Iowa State fans should have enjoyed the win any less, though.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Because Oregon had so many players opt out of the season. I mean, they still have a Fiesta Bowl trophy in their trophy room so good on them. But Oregon didn’t have their best foot forward. That doesn’t mean Iowa State fans should have enjoyed the win any less, though.
That Oregon team wasn't very good. May not have mattered.

Reaction score
It's not just players out it's that they were only in their CCG due to Covid opt outs to begin with and were 3-3. Therei s a giant fucking asterisk for everyone last year except Bama.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Please take this conversation to the I secretly love ISU athletics thread. TIA

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I'm sure Iowafan would have totes dismissed a Fiesta Bowl win against Oregon because they had some players out.

Certainly.
I believe that none of their 5 NFL draft picks played (including pick #7) in the bowl game and 8 sat out all together.

I would guess that it would've matter a touch since that's the total number of NFL draft picks that Iowa State has had in the last decade.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I'm not defending Iowa State. I'm poopooing ridiculous narratives that last year somehow didn't count.

It was real to me, dammit.
It probably mattered in dumptruck Turzekestan or wherever you live, but here in the United States of America, it was a farce.

So much so, that the NCAA said, "Even if you played, you don't have to count this year because it was really gay."

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Their win over Oregon was about as impressive as ours over USC the year before (AP rankings in the 20s; 3-4th best Pac12 team). Their’s just happened to be in a NY6 game. Good for them. It was a nice win and they get to add NY6 winner to their record book. It doesn’t suddenly make them CFB royalty.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Their win over Oregon was about as impressive as ours over USC the year before (AP rankings in the 20s; 3-4th best Pac12 team). Their’s just happened to be in a NY6 game. Good for them. It was a nice win and they get to add NY6 winner to their record book. It doesn’t suddenly make them CFB royalty.
Only retarded people would say that

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It probably mattered in dumptruck Turzekestan or wherever you live, but here in the United States of America, it was a farce.

So much so, that the NCAA said, "Even if you played, you don't have to count this year because it was really gay."
That's not a country.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Petras was average, lot of wide open receivers that he just doesn't see. The timing throws were better and seemed more accurate.
Iowa's defense is so fundamentally sound. Benson looked really good. Belton is a menace at the LOS. His interception was highly athletic

Great to be back in Kinnick and have a 14-0 lead 2 minutes into the game. This is a very good and talented Iowa team boys. The secondary is very sold and great tacklers.

Taylor the punter

Contain worked well against Penux and he doesn't have the accuracy to hit the throws that are needed against Iowa

Was in the bathroom during the Burrito Lift, that was a downside
I’m sure I am missing some, but it was best crowd I can remember in a long time. Buzzing the entire game.

my stadium experience was great. They have fixed all the annoying quirks that they possibly can.

Reaction score
I’m sure I am missing some, but it was best crowd I can remember in a long time. Buzzing the entire game.

my stadium experience was great. They have fixed all the annoying quirks that they possibly can.
Not showing any scores was weird and not great when most couldn’t get any Verizon signal. Sound system still struggled at times. Overall really fun day though.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not showing any scores was weird and not great when most couldn’t get any Verizon signal. Sound system still struggled at times. Overall really fun day though.
yeah I truly don’t get the score thing. Plus it would keep people off their phones. I assume my Verizon issues are related to the US Cellular sponsorship.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Jack Trice had the same issue. Just showing the game matchups but no scores. The only score they had on the ribbon was the halftime score of the Utah/Weber State game (that was played on Friday night).
I wonder if it was a provider issue?

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jack Trice had the same issue. Just showing the game matchups but no scores. The only score they had on the ribbon was the halftime score of the Utah/Weber State game (that was played on Friday night).
I wonder if it was a provider issue?
I guaranfuckingtee they would’ve announced the Iowa score on the PA had Iowa lost.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
@ChipHilton I’m asking since you’re the audiophile. It seems like the stadium speakers have phase issues at times. Thoughts?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I guaranfuckingtee they would’ve announced the Iowa score on the PA had Iowa lost.
I believe this is where the board favorite phrase of “Free Rent” may apply.

Take a fucking breath, man.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
@ChipHilton I’m asking since you’re the audiophile. It seems like the stadium speakers have phase issues at times. Thoughts?
I didn’t notice anything. I believe there are speakers at both ends now so it would seem near impossible to not have delay issues for people in some seats.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I didn’t notice anything. I believe there are speakers at both ends now so it would seem near impossible to not have delay issues for people in some seats.
I said phase, not delay, dipshit.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I don't think Moss ever had to kick it into high gear like Goodson did to get past the defender. I would put money on Moss as well in a race.

Reaction score
Well, certainly no audiophile and haven't been there in a few years, but I can't imagine that they're not still ear bleeders and in need of help from Richard Vandersteen. They're probably some better than from the days of Father Bob, however.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Well, certainly no audiophile and haven't been there in a few years, but I can't imagine that they're not still ear bleeders and in need of help from Richard Vandersteen. They're probably some better than from the days of Father Bob, however.
I used to sell Vandersteens.