**Official Iowa at Wisconsin Football Thread - 3pm - FOX**

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
When does Doug go with the haha I was drunk line?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Yes, but worse is he dreamed up some poker hypothetical to feign how he handles gambling losses, only to make himself look like an even bigger idiot.

I'm not sure what's going on, but are you saying that Doug's retarded?
No, these guys are all completely freaked out by a bet over $100 and can't fathom anything else.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Offense was typically frustrating. Would like to see more tempo and some different schemes thrown in. No real confidence in BF after 3 yrs. More surprised by how much our defense got worked and out muscled. Not great Bob.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
NLP is gonna rub himself raw reading this thread.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
The stubborn adherence to the zone run scheme as the offensive base is the culprit. It’s obsolete and ineffectual. If Brian can’t convince Kirk to ditch it he doesn’t deserve to be the next coach.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The stubborn adherence to the zone run scheme as the offensive base is the culprit. It’s obsolete and ineffectual. If Brian can’t convince Kirk to ditch it he doesn’t deserve to be the next coach.
I mean, it's cute that we get the "Iowa still has a fullback!" stuff and all the accolades for having some old school huddle up every play offense, but it simply isn't effective. It at least isn't effective with the current players.

My contention is that the current 4-3 base or whatever that 4-2-5 is could actually be fine as long as the offense is going tempo and scoring. That is the main problem, they aren't getting touchdowns or moving the ball far enough.

The defense gave up 24 points today, and 7 of those were due to a fuck up. That should be enough to win in 2019.

Reaction score
I didn’t lose any money on bets today, but I did win on the stock market last week.

Reaction score
Iowa will never win another game. Pack up the rest of the season and make your reservations for a bowl in Detroit. Fire Ferentz.

Oh, what's that? Iowa is still going to be a Top 25 team and can move to 7-3 next week and be heavily favored in their final 2 games?

Gee, what an embarrassment.
Dug. The f'in Iowa athletic Nostradamus. The run game is fixed. The iowa bball team is just fine after Tubs Harper drains another 3 for Rutgers. When you lose all hope, listen to Dug.
Good chance at winning 9 or 10 games this year. Iowa Basketball went to the tournament and were a shot away from the Sweet 16.

How dumb of me, should have simply said that the programs are shit and everyone should be fired and fuck everything.
I’m again with Doug. Be careful what you wish for.

Winning 9 games in football is still a very successful season for Iowa.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Doug’s spreadsheet is HaLo’s best?!?

Matt-Degenerate gambler
Zaius-Low rolling doctor
Incredible-ankle wrapper

Doug is a wounded animal and has been exposed as the epitome of All Hat, no Cattle.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Matt-Degenerate gambler
Zaius-Low rolling doctor
Incredible-ankle wrapper

Doug is a wounded animal and has been exposed as the epitome of All Hat, no Cattle.

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I was almost having flashbacks from the 2014 game when Jake fucking Rudock was absolutely torching Wisconsin’s defense in the second half after running Weismann into a brick wall in the first and getting nowhere while the Badgers were sustaining drives. It was just too late when the defense flat fuck could not get off the field and Iowa was not going to get enough possessions to come back and hold a lead.

Losing to Wisconsin like they did is a choice. Your defense getting mauled generally is not going improve as the game goes on. Try to score points as fast as possible and if they can keep up or stop it they’re just flat out better and you can live with it. Go out on your shield.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Reaction score

Matt-Degenerate gambler
Zaius-Low rolling doctor
Incredible-ankle wrapper

94- Has to ask his wife for money

Reaction score
College Football is extremely simple. Throw the ball down the fucking field and good things happen.

Brian is a fat retard. It has been obvious for most of Stanley's career he is excellent when the offense is uptempo and he can see the field and make throws. He is fucking terrible when you have him huddling up for 35 seconds and then having to make 20 fucking reads at the line.

They finally get in a situation where they get down 2 scores and have no choice and suddenly Nate (who had thrown for 43 yards in 3 quarters) looks like a NFL 1st round draft pick an is throwing incredible passes an making great decisions.

Phil Parker was also very poor overall in this game and Dillon Doyle is a slow moron.
This.

Stanley is a God damn idiot. Speed the game up, not let him think, and just throw the ball around. Pretty simple.
Kirk/Brian are so fucking stubborn. It as if there is some old school rule that every game must start out from the huddle and have the majority of the plays be running plays to mediocre players that don't work and drop back passes where Stanley is having to make too many reads and is running for his life.

Maybe trying coming out next week like you finished this week. Be honest with yourself that you really can't run and huddling is stupid and almost nobody does it anymore for a reason. Get in a tempo set and let Nate work with the best group of WR's that Iowa has ha in almost 10 years. Oh, you could also remember that LaPorta is really good and throw to him more.
The start of the game was fine, it was finishing drives and a fumbled snap. Coming out no huddle against them is asking for more trouble for your defense. And our backs ran for 91 yards on 18 carries.

Reaction score
This is so dumb. Zone running is not obsolete. My God, watch football. We also don't just run zone, we ran plenty of gap stuff. On top of that, we averaged 5.1 yards per carry today and had success with both.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Phil had several different packages early that did a good job. The 4-4 against their heavy stuff was a great look. Don't know what the actual breakdown was, but felt like they stayed with 3 WR's to run quite a bit which got us into 4-2-5. Either way, the problem was more with our interior, especially DT's. As much blame as Doyle is taking, the DT's couldn't keep guys off of him or Colbert.

Ojemudia was a mess which was surprising and really hurt us. The PI was unnecessary and just bad technique. On the jet sweep the defense recognized it and spun down, but he was about 2 seconds late to react and played it terribly. Not sure the call or who was to blame on the 2nd TD but both him and Stone got caught looking in the backfield and let that WR get wide open. Then fucked up the jam or didn't sink which allowed that 50+ yard play in the 3rd and led to his benching.

Nate got jumpy and missed a couple layups. That 3rd down ball to Tracy on their 42 was a killer. Should have been a conversion inside their 35 down 14-6 midway through the 3rd. Taking the immediate check down with a clean pocket on 3rd and 13 wasn't as big of a play but was frustrating.

Reaction score
Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz should have been fired the second Tyrone Tracy had to block for Max Pooper on a WR screen.
That was likely a read/check by Stanley and not a called play. They left the slot completely uncovered, it was just late/bad placement by Stanley and a missed block by Tracy. When they don't throw that, you get a bunch of screenshots of "why didn't they throw to the uncovered slot" like the Michigan game.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Not earth shattering, however Nate’s inability to scramble is a huge disadvantage.

I’m not sure how to fix getting rape roomed for seven yards on 1st and 10 runs.

The corners, woof.

The O-line looked better.

Gushawk

Reaction score
The tackles weren’t great, but Doyle repeatedly either freezes or takes a false step and is too unathletic to recover. I’ve seen enough of him outside of special teams.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I think it was the first field goal after the fumble but Iowa schemed a great play that broke 3 guys wide open. Nate chucked it into the stands. I couldn’t tell if they all broke open when the pressure got to Nate or he just didn’t see them because the pressure was right up the middle.

Overall that’s about as good as the offensive line has played in a long while outside of the sack and that play.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The tackles weren’t great, but Doyle repeatedly either freezes or takes a false step and is too unathletic to recover. I’ve seen enough of him outside of special teams.
He is freshman. But he was a problem yesterday, no doubt.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
I’m in agreement. Why is he still playing so much?

Gushawk

Reaction score
I’m in agreement. Why is he still playing so much?
Who knows? We would seem to have substantially more gifted options.

gable_guy

Reaction score
/Googles stopping 'Power O' run scheme...A November tradition.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They had 2 weeks to get ready. I thought for sure they would slide Niemann inside (like they did his brother against NW 2 years ago) and start Wade outside. Those are guys that have been in the program. Playing Doyle/Campbell in this game was just dumb.

Gushawk

Reaction score
This is so dumb. Zone running is not obsolete. My God, watch football. We also don't just run zone, we ran plenty of gap stuff. On top of that, we averaged 5.1 yards per carry today and had success with both.
My sense was that we ran more gap early and zone as the game wore on. The offensive output has been indefensible for some time now. Worse than our recruiting would suggest shitty.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Wisconsin enables sexual assaulters.
who?
21 points worth of WRs. Cephus was booted out of school entirely until they had a shitty year last year and managed to get him reinstated because the charges didn’t stick and Danny Davis was a picture taking enabler.

Fuck those filthy animals.

https://www.si.com/college-football2018/08/22/danny-davis-suspended-wisconsin
oh you mean the guys that were found not guilty?

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
21 points worth of WRs. Cephus was booted out of school entirely until they had a shitty year last year and managed to get him reinstated because the charges didn’t stick and Danny Davis was a picture taking enabler.

Fuck those filthy animals.

https://www.si.com/college-football2018/08/22/danny-davis-suspended-wisconsin
oh you mean the guys that were found not guilty?
No, the other guys.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Anyone have Wisconsin’s rushing stats by quarter? I’m hearing a lot of “the defense wore down because the offense couldn’t sustain a drive” talk. That may be partially true but it feels like the D was getting gouged from the get go.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Anyone have Wisconsin’s rushing stats by quarter? I’m hearing a lot of “the defense wore down because the offense couldn’t sustain a drive” talk. That may be partially true but it feels like the D was getting gouged from the get go.
I’m not sure of the stats, but I remember thinking Chryst was an idiot any time he chose to pass... if that helps.

Reaction score
62, 83, 12, 157

Not including sacks or kneel downs

douglasbader

Reaction score
62, 83, 12, 157

Not including sacks or kneel downs
Early 3rd quarter was the real missed opportunity by the offense. The defense was holding tough and got them off the field multiple times, but the offense couldn't do shit and finally the defense broke and let them have that touchdown to put them up 21-6. It was the next possession that Iowa finally went up tempo and roared back into the game.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
The two worst plays, by far, were Stanley not getting the ball to Tracy on time after the fumble in the first quarter. It was so obvious and so dumb it had me questioning his mental ability and I think he's MUCH more limited than I thought at first. Then Nate somehow keeping the ball instead of giving it to Goodson on a jet sweep look. Both decisions are stunningly bad and Brian's worst sin is giving Stanley options.

Last edited: