**Official Iowa at Wisconsin Football Thread - 3pm - FOX**

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Or Stanley faked a pass drop, and he was getting out of the way of crossing routes in the end zone. That, or some unexplainable reason that's just too hard to figure out.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I would like an apology. I’ll go find that ref’s home address and pay him a visit

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Any actual psychos here...don’t do what I just said I’d do. Was being a rascal

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Or Stanley faked a pass drop, and he was getting out of the way of crossing routes in the end zone. That, or some unexplainable reason that's just too hard to figure out.
There's no crossing route near him and the center and a running back are heading to the same spot he's running to.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
There's no crossing route near him and the center and a running back are heading to the same spot he's running to.
It was totally retarded, but Wisconsin was going to score on the next possession anyway.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
It was totally retarded, but Wisconsin was going to score on the next possession anyway.
Correct. It would have just made the L sting a little more.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
He played it like a perfect MLB would have filling the hole

Last edited:

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
What in the world is this umpire doing? Why is he running up into the traffic?

I couldn't figure it out either. Sargent should've just ran him over
After looking at it more, Stanley should have followed Sargent who went to the left of the official instead of going to the right of the official.
Looked like Sargent was heading right to block but then the ref was there so he veered left. Stanley then ran straight into the dude Sargent was originally trying to block.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
After looking at it more, Stanley should have followed Sargent who went to the left of the official instead of going to the right of the official.
Looked like Sargent was heading right to block but then the ref was there so he veered left. Stanley then ran straight into the dude Sargent was originally trying to block.
Sargent shoulda just trucked the mother fucker.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Just watched the replay at home. Freaking umpire keeps Nate out of the EZ. That & Nate not being able to put his head down with a full head of steam & plowing into the EZ.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
What in the world is this umpire doing? Why is he running up into the traffic?

Yeah, but I think the official A) kept Sargent from making a clear block and B) obscured the hole so Stanley couldn't really tell where to go. Crappy play.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due. Wisky dude just makes a fuckin' great play. Nate's huge, had an 8-yard running start and the dude just stonewalled him.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think the official A) kept Sargent from making a clear block and B) obscured the hole so Stanley couldn't really tell where to go. Crappy play.
I agree the official is the true problem there. I'm not really faulting Stanley. I just noted that if he followed his blocker he more likely makes it.
Even if he just fell down in their path, Sargent was going to effectively block 2 guys, enabling Stanley to score. Instead, he saw the Umpire in the way & looked back left instead of where the pursuit was going to come from (ie the middle).

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
LaPorta get hurt? He catches the first pass of the game and it didn't appear he played much after that.

is there a place where snap counts are listed?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Sargent looked like he was trying to hop around the ump. If he ran through the ump that ump may have died. He would have ended up right in the middle of that collision.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
LaPorta get hurt? He catches the first pass of the game and it didn't appear he played much after that.

is there a place where snap counts are listed?
He played after that in 2 TE sets. We just didn’t get him the ball

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Bob

Reaction score
Make him a DT.

(he's going to start at MLB until he graduates)

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This game is on BTN right now. Holy shit does it make me angry.

The play calling late in the 3rd quarter is atrocious and Stanley is a moron. He is missing wide open guys, then they run a WR screen to Max Pooper that had no chance because the throw was terrible and it was Max Pooper. Then on 3rd down Stanley is all hyper and barely gets the play off and with no pressure and before a single receiver had completed their route, he immediately dumps it off to the RB where 3 guys are waiting to tackle him.

douglasbader

Reaction score
OJmudeia was also terrible in this game.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They pulled OJ and Riley Moss is immediately burned for a TD. 21-6.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lol, Iowa gets down 21-6 and goes shotgun and no-huddle and Stanley immediately is throwing fucking dimes.

Gee, Brian, maybe you should have recognize the less time you give that big fuck to think and look at the defense and point he is a really good QB.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa couldn't move the ball the whole 2nd and 3rd quarter. They huddled, played slow, fucked around and almost had 3 or 4 delay of game penalties.

They finally get down an uncomfortable amount and they go no huddle. They fucking move the ball with ease and score immediately. Stanley looks like Big Ben/Tom Brady.

The biggest crime of Brian / Kirk is not figuring out who Stanley really was. If they had done that, I truly think that they are going to back to back to back Big Ten Championship Games and have 3 straight 10 win seasons.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Stanley 6/7 for like 75 yards and a TD on that drive alone.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I forgot that Wisconsin was also equally dumb and started having their shitty QB pass when they should have been running.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Stanley with the fucking bomb to Tracy for a 75 yard TD. He is just on fire since they went no huddle.

douglasbader

Reaction score
That old, fat fucking ref screwed Iowa so bad. If he doesn't get in the way of Sergent blocking, Stanley is absolutely in and the game would be tied.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Would have had a clean block on the 2 Wisconsin guys coming up there. At a minimum he slows them up and gets in their way and Stanley's momentum carries him in.

Nope. Fat fuck senior citizen goes right in front and causes Sergent to have to slow up and the Wisconsin guys get a free run at him and stop him an inch short.

Fuck everyone.

douglasbader

Reaction score
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
That play was fucking criminal- the dude steps out of the endzone and walks right into the fucking play. Asshole

Thanks for reminding me Douglas