**Official Iowa @ Iowa State Football Thread - 3PM - FS1*

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I said. If the band or band parents aren’t happy with iowa’s response, someone needs to go ask them what outcome would have been appropriate and it get it out there. That would put the ball back in ISU’s court to respond.

That said I am going out of town until Monday and that someone better not fuck up my babysitter plans.
Do you use Venmo?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I said. If the band or band parents aren’t happy with iowa’s response, someone needs to go ask them what outcome would have been appropriate and it get it out there. That would put the ball back in ISU’s court to respond.

That said I am going out of town until Monday and that someone better not fuck up my babysitter plans.
Do you use Venmo?
Trust me the sitters I hire require cash

Reaction score
@HFMB no longer lost here? Or whatever his name was in the band

Reaction score

Do you use Venmo?
Trust me the sitters I hire require cash
You hire illegals?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

And over $508k so far with matches.

Bob

Reaction score
Random fans being dipshits is what it is. The part I don’t understand is the local media shrugging their shoulders and saying “oh, Barta and Pollard said they’re giving up, so I guess that’s that.”

Maybe go, I don’t know, report something.

Barta sucks sooo bad

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Random fans being dipshits is what it is. The part I don’t understand is the local media shrugging their shoulders and saying “oh, Barta and Pollard said they’re giving up, so I guess that’s that.”

Barta sucks sooo bad
Some donor probably told him to stand down.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Barta sucks sooo bad
Some donor probably told him to stand down.
Barta is, as we all know, a spineless bitch.

I did not, however, expect him to be this spineless.

If UI students are physically endangered by going to Ames, it's probably time to end the series, and at minimum State should be paying out the ass for their fans' criminal behavior.

But instead, we get this bullshit. Fire Barta.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
There is a band member now claiming sexual assault. If Pollard and Barta knew this and still issued that statement they are both in deep shit.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
There is a band member now claiming sexual assault. If Pollard and Barta knew this and still issued that statement they are both in deep shit.
Wishful thinking of course, but the series ending, Pollard fired and Barta fired would be quite the trifecta.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
The Gary barta pay out fund for retardation is getting warmed up

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Good for those kids. Garta bowing down to Jaime disgusts me. Fuck them both.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Garta works for Jamie!
That’s what so many here are implying. But you can’t actually think Barta does anything because Pollard made him, do you?

His actions are wholly owned by the U of I Athletic Department.

Don’t pass your stink on to us, we have enough of our own.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If they both failed to take a credible sexual assault allegation through the proper channels they are both fired anyways.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
What the fuck did I just read?

Two wrongs don't make a right but perhaps the UI band provoked the alleged assaults with their "**** State!" chants after the game. If this is what happened it makes BOTH universities look horrible. The UI band should be held accountable and the individuals responsible for the alleged assaults should be held accountable and never be allowed at an ISU Athletics event again.

gable_guy

Reaction score

Two wrongs don't make a right but perhaps the UI band provoked the alleged assaults with their "**** State!" chants after the game. If this is what happened it makes BOTH universities look horrible. The UI band should be held accountable and the individuals responsible for the alleged assaults should be held accountable and never be allowed at an ISU Athletics event again.
These fucks will hold Pollard accountable

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

They weren't chanting "F*** Iowa State", as some idiots have alleged.

The chant "Hawkeye State", however, sounds a lot like the former if you're drunk and bitter about losing to your betters again.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Garta works for Jamie!
That’s what so many here are implying. But you can’t actually think Barta does anything because Pollard made him, do you?

He generally does (and doesn’t do) things because he is a weak leader. This is symptomatic, not unique.

Bob

Reaction score

They weren't chanting "F*** Iowa State", as some idiots have alleged.

The chant "Hawkeye State", however, sounds a lot like the former if you're drunk and bitter about losing to your betters again.
Even if they were who could possibly care?

On one hand, literal assault

On the other, saying a cuss

Wise man: these things are the same to me

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Garta works for Jamie!

The likeliest cause is a donor told both to make this go away, imo. I honestly can’t think of any other reason to issue that joint statement. Barta has been fine in the past letting some controversy linger (See Dolph)

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Garta works for Jamie!

If it gets Barta fired I'll believe whatever I need to

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Credible poster on TOS says ICPD was informed Sunday. So much for seeing everyone fired.

Bob

Reaction score
I don't think it's "literally does what Pollard tells him to" as much as it is getting scared and caving immediately when Pollard started shouting about it in the media and he started catching flack for the initial statement being too vague.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score

I didn't think I could hate them anymore than I already do. I'm ready start punching every ISU hat wearing mother fucker in the face when I see them.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Why do Iowa St fans want to continue a series so bad that they have been dominated in?