**Official Iowa vs. Illinois Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN or FS1**

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
You're taking the most Capt. Obvious big game statement and making it literal. Brant left the 2016 Michigan game. Any non-idiot would not need a map to realize the implication was a big game that was actually still close at the end.

Lol at saying leaving blowouts is the same thing.

You, like always, are the midget pussy. Can't wait until you text Douche4Life and PedroGomez for back up like a sissy boy again.
16 Michigan game I left my seat for the concourse then towards the student section.

Brant > Doug

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
LOL, I had a similar experience. I went out to lunch with a work colleague when I got back (who is a notorious tight ass), and one of the first things he said was, “Man, I feel sorry for all those people that spent all of that money to go out there.” Dude, my wife and I left our twin 3 year olds with my in-laws for five days so that we could go to Southern California in late December, reconnect with old friends, and have a great time exploring LA. All of that and we got to go to the Mecca of college football.
College football games should be fun to attend even if the team loses. The Rose Bowl is the perfect embodiment of that. New Years eve, the Rose Parade, tailgating in the valley. Sure the stadium could use some updates but the Rose Bowl is always awesome, and I hope to watch the hawks play there again.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Jim Hartlieb might have been worse but my memory is a little hazy. Played a killer non-conference schedule in '92 though
If I remember correctly, Hartlieb had numbers equal to if not better than Rogers’ start in 1991, but they had NC State, Miami, (at) Colorado, and (at) Michigan to start the year. Their 1-4 record wasn’t on Hartlieb. But then he got injured and Iowa never settled on a decent quarterback until Sherman at the end of 1994. That was a dark stretch of shitty offense.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The alumni tailgate at the Rose Bowl was also awesome. I’ve been to the first Orange Bowl, the Capital One, an Outback and the Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl was the only one I remember having that tailgate.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
other than the game, and not being able to hail a cab or Uber for 2 hours afterwards, the Rose Bowl rocked.

BngHawk

Florida Man
Reaction score
Is Lovie sporting full Santa beard today?

Reaction score
Somehow ended up with 424 yards

3rd down
Iowa - 4/12
Illinois - 9/18

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Petras completing some passes really opened up the run game. Then Brian went back to pre snap motion and misdirection and the offense got some chunk plays. It’s nice to have Phil’s defense to rely on. As already mentioned, hopefully Spencer’s balls came out of their shell today and it’s full steam ahead.

Kamala

Horse Fucker
Reaction score
obviously Petras’ best game. I hope he’s turned a corner and it’s not a fluke.