**Official Iowa vs. Illinois Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN or FS1**

thrawn

Reaction score
Non-conference Non-Power 5 - 11am
Shitty conference games - 11am
Rest of schedule - mixture of 2:30pm and prime time

I also have to say for a road game I really enjoyed the Friday night game.
late afternoon game finishing in twilight will always be the best. Even as the networks push the night games this will always feel like the prime window

not the biggest night game fan but there is definitely something special about a night game against a top 15 team

worst 11 AM game is the sleepy game at Purdue/Indiana/Northwestern where the lack of atmosphere almost favors the home team. I have absolutely no data to back this up.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
worst 11 AM game is the sleepy game at Purdue/Indiana/Northwestern where the lack of atmosphere almost favors the home team. I have absolutely no data to back this up.
Pam ward special

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I enjoy a nice mix of start times. At least 2 night games as well as one home 2:30 in mid/late Nov. nothing better than starting in the light and ending at night.
Purdue game needs to be on Espn2 at 11 with Ward on the call.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Is there some 'Super bad sports take' twitter feed that a screenshot of Doug's post can be shared to?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Is there some 'Super bad sports take' twitter feed that a screenshot of Doug's post can be shared to?
I said some RATT things back in 2008, but I've never worn Nebrantska gear or left a huge game early like a cocksucker.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I said some RATT things back in 2008, but I've never worn Nebrantska gear or left a huge game early like a cocksucker.
I've never done the last one.

My dipshit husker buddy looked great in the hawk bibs so me wearing a hat once was worth it.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I thought it was Penn State 2008? Maybe that was a game he missed entirely. I need better spreadsheets.
A friend of mine in college was cold and got her boyfriend to leave the 08 Penn State game early. They walked into the apartment just as the FG was kicked. LOL.

Reaction score
I thought it was Penn State 2008? Maybe that was a game he missed entirely. I need better spreadsheets.
My memory was that he was at the gate leaving the Michigan game and then came back in to see the kick. While he was deciding to leave after the pick, I was telling the people around me that we were going to win. The scenario was almost the same as how NDSU had beaten us earlier in the year.

IowaWigman

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
My memory was that he was at the gate leaving the Michigan game and then came back in to see the kick. While he was deciding to leave after the pick, I was telling the people around me that we were going to win. The scenario was almost the same as how NDSU had beaten us earlier in the year.
2002 Purdue game is in the same boat. Kinnick emptied out quite a bit before Banks to Clark.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
So during the Michigan game in 2016, you remained in your seating area until the end?
Don't get nuanced with me fucko. In my younger days I'd leave my 'seating area' to jump out on the field like an idiot. I watched the final drive and made kick from the student section.

Reaction score
Petras is now within a point of Randy Reiners' 1999 QBR. Only two behind Mullen.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
I expect Iowa to win due in large part to continued winning QB play. Same will be true against Wisconsin and most likely for whatever games remain.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Petras is gonna throw a pick. But if the Hawks only have one turnover, they should win comfortably

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Lol last tweet was Chevin Calloway committing.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
The biggest game I ever left early was the Rose Bowl. And by left early I mean left my seat at halftime and chose to spend the second half slinging beers at the concession area with the wife, @douglasbader and MrsBader and EastsideRayRay (RIP)

easily one of my favorite memories of the trip

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
The biggest game I ever left early was the Rose Bowl. And by left early I mean left my seat at halftime and chose to spend the second half slinging beers at the concession area with the wife, @douglasbader and MrsBader and EastsideRayRay (RIP)

Did you call him “Doug”?

Reaction score