**Official Iowa vs. Illinois Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN or FS1**

Reaction score
In retrospect we all should have been bearish on Cliff Alexander considering he was a 40 year old high school senior.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Per Wikipedia:
Cliff Alexander is an American professional basketball player, who plays for Busan KT Sonicboom of the Korean Basketball League. He completed his freshman season at the University of Kansas for the Jayhawks' on their 2014–15 team. He declared himself eligible for the 2015 NBA draft but was undrafted.

maintain242001

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Like the NW game inverted or something, meh 1st quarter good to wonderful last three

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Always nice to beat IL. Should move up a couple spots in the polls

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Iowa QBs to win 5+ straight Big Ten starts within a single season under Ferentz:

Brad Banks (2002) - 8
Drew Tate (2004) -7
Ricky Stanzi (2009) - 5
CJ Beathard (2015) - 8
Spencer Petras (2020) - 5

(yes, example #33495 why QB wins is not a great stat)

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
All shit aside, it was good to see Petras have several throws that were right on the money. I’ve commented before on every damn throw being off in one way or another. That wasn’t the case today. He had plenty of shitty throws of course, but hopefully today gave him some confidence. Also, the TD throw to Beyer was encouraging since it had some touch and wasn’t his first read. I still think he’s shitty though.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
All shit aside, it was good to see Petras have several throws that were right on the money. I’ve commented before on every damn throw being off in one way or another. That wasn’t the case today. He had plenty of shitty throws of course, but hopefully today gave him some confidence. Also, the TD throw to Beyer was encouraging since it had some touch and wasn’t his first read. I still think he’s shitty though.
looked like the game slowed down for him today

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Iowa's first 14-point comeback win since 11/23/2013 vs Michigan.

And their first 14-point comeback win on the road since 11/03/2007 at Northwestern.
I remember everything but this one stumped me. Don’t recall being down 14. I do remember Funchess dropping several balls and Hitchens forcing and recovery the game-winning fumble.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference with Petras today was he didn’t panic when his first read wasn’t there, actually got to his second read and a couple times even the third. After the first couple times completing those throws he calmed down in the pocket.

That fucking wildcat drive, 5 different Iowa players ran the ball out of that formation. I hope they’re setting up a reverse pass from ISM to Smith out of it.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The two point conversion was great too. And the 3rd down conversion on the last drive.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Do you think he has a high football IQ?
I dunno. Unlike some former qbs he hasnt had a slew of delay of game penalties. And he doesnt audible into outside zone 20 times a game.

Reaction score
He’s definitely better throwing across the middle than he is throwing to the sideline.

I almost shit myself when he threw the TD to Beyer. That was his best throw of the year by far.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I dunno. Unlike some former qbs he hasnt had a slew of delay of game penalties. And he doesnt audible into outside zone 20 times a game.
I was hammering you for using an awful cliche

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I didn't read much here but is there any chance Iowa makes the championship game? Also, I left chat but did Zaius say we won't win another game again?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I didn't read much here but is there any chance Iowa makes the championship game? Also, I left chat but did Zaius say we won't win another game again?
None. Northwestern wrapped it up today by not playing.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Iowa is basically a lock to play Indiana at this point unless something weird happens with Ohio State and Indiana is slotted for the championship game.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Is Pam ward going to come out of retirement to call it?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa is basically a lock to play Indiana at this point unless something weird happens with Ohio State and Indiana is slotted for the championship game.
The Big Ten should be trying to get Ohio State a game next week no matter what. Michigan needs to tell them by end of day Monday if they can't play and then get another team to play Ohio State.

The problem is I don't know if there will be a team that is likely to be paused because of COVID issues next week other than Michigan.

CamelTones

Reaction score
The Big Ten should be trying to get Ohio State a game next week no matter what. Michigan needs to tell them by end of day Monday if they can't play and then get another team to play Ohio State.

The problem is I don't know if there will be a team that is likely to be paused because of COVID issues next week other than Michigan.
Minnesota might be. They could play Nebrantska again. Or have Nebrantska play Rutgers and Ohio State play Maryland.