** Official Iowa vs. Illinois Game Thread -- 2:30 p.m. FS1 **

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
I hope we decide to play a little fast and loose next week. The team should feel good going into Lincoln, and maybe the offense wants to win another one for our worst offensive coordinator ever, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
First of all the rule is pretty gay but Schulte absolutely drove the QB into the ground and that is called 100% of the time on sacks these days so quit fucking whining about that call. Secondly, do any of you really think Williams or Patterson couldn't/wouldn't have run through that huge hole and scored a TD on that last run just like Johnson did? Are we really sucking Johnson's cock for that and ignoring all the times he tiptoes into traffic and falls down?

Good win. Go Hawks

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
First of all the rule is pretty gay but Schulte absolutely drove the QB into the ground and that is called 100% of the time on sacks these days so quit fucking whining about that call. Secondly, do any of you really think Williams or Patterson couldn't/wouldn't have run through that huge hole and scored a TD on that last run just like Johnson did? Are we really sucking Johnson's cock for that and ignoring all the times he tiptoes into traffic and falls down?

Good win. Go Hawks
Johnsons run on 3rd down the last drive was better

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
@douglasbader was your comment in chat about Kaleb Johnson like he’s not 100% yet? Just curious. Xoxo
Who? Me? About Kaleb Johnson?

I was barely in chat, and mostly near the end or teling Dolph stories. That was somebody else, not me. I'm the one that has been advocating for Johnson and thinks Williams sucks.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Watching these games and seeing the results on the field makes me wonder why the coaches make the personnel decisions they do. QB position aside, if healthy, Brown is obviously our best WR and Ka. Johnson is our best RB on the roster. Why don't they get more action?

Seems criminal.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
PTL Deshaun Lee got some experience at the beginning of the season. Nice to have a CB ready without Cooper

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
We're gonna really solidify who the miserable fucks are in this thread. Enjoy the win, everyone.
What is it about Iowa, not just the university but the whole fleeming state, that we're so OK with mediocrity? We're like the ugly girl at the prom who, when the star quarterback barfs on her chair, is all, "Yeah, but he barfed on MY chair!"

And no, it doesn't matter we pulled it out of our asses. It shouldn't work like this.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Who? Me? About Kaleb Johnson?

I was barely in chat, and mostly near the end or teling Dolph stories. That was somebody else, not me. I'm the one that has been advocating for Johnson and thinks Williams sucks.
It was you, but I think in reference to something else while Johnson did something good. You said something like “still not 100%.” Right after he scored I think. But it was about something else.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

Good win. Go Hawks
It isn’t popular but it’s true. It shouldn’t be a penalty but it’s one they pretty consistently call so you can’t do that.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It was you, but I think in reference to something else while Johnson did something good. You said something like “still not 100%.” Right after he scored I think. But it was about something else.
If that was me, I was talking about the victory not being 100% yet, had nothing to do with Kaleb Johnson.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
Defense, again, only gave up 13pts. Them boys good.
My favorite thing is for Iowa to give up a touchdown then have people in chat saying things like, “who’s their OC?!? Burt has Kurt figured out. wtf is Phil doing!?! Etc”

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
The improbability of this continuing to work. Iowa is always the team that makes the block, finds the hole, creates the opposing mistake.

Improbability undersells it. Iowa football as it exists should be impossible.

We won’t be able to explain Kirk to our grandkids.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
The improbability of this continuing to work. Iowa is always the team that makes the block, finds the hole, creates the opposing mistake.

Improbability undersells it. Iowa football as it exists should be impossible.

We won’t be able to explain Kirk to our grandkids.
"He was a complete dumbfuck, but his DC was elite."

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
If the defense ever gives up a touchdown everyone gets pissed. We're truly going to miss Phil Parker when he retires.
I believe this to be true, but thought the same thing about Norm. Maybe Kirk had more to do with that than anything.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
If the defense ever gives up a touchdown everyone gets pissed. We're truly going to miss Phil Parker when he retires.
The exact opposite can be said about our offense. Anytime they score people are amazed. Nobody will miss Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz when he retires got fired.