**Official Iowa vs. Indiana Game Thread - 11:00am - ESPN2**

Reaction score
Not sure if discussed, but on my rewatch it is abundantly clear that Indiana's habitual receiving holding was noted on film to the extent that several of our deep ball plays were basically designed for Stanley to either 1) look for a receiver getting clear or 2) assuming defensive holding occurred and throwing a ball just out of reach in case it wasn't called

Reaction score
Was looking at one of only a couple disastrous plays (Sergent losing 5 on a 1st and goal run).

Weird ass personnel and formation. It was actually 13 with Hockenson and then Easley, Cooper and Smith. Easley and Cooper were in tight formation (liek a TE lineup). Easley basically did not block his guy. I don't know if the goal was to have those defenders go after Cooper and Easley running routes but it didn't work. Beeline for running back. If Easley had gotten outside leverage and sealed his guy its probably a touchdown FWIW.

Reaction score
It seems we had a decent chunk of our gameplan devoted ot making #42 for Indiana make a decision. He's their hybrid S/LB guy good player but he was on Fant for Fant's TD. He made the good play on Sargent but then the next play he guessed wrong on what Young was doing (TD for Young ... great effort balance on that play btw.)

Bob

Reaction score
Not sure if discussed, but on my rewatch it is abundantly clear that Indiana's habitual receiving holding was noted on film to the extent that several of our deep ball plays were basically designed for Stanley to either 1) look for a receiver getting clear or 2) assuming defensive holding occurred and throwing a ball just out of reach in case it wasn't called
The first couple drives especially was a lot of just launching jump balls and hoping that either our guy came down with it or he'd get a penalty. Mostly worked but a couple seemed unnecessarily risky.

Reaction score
Also probably obvious but it is really fucking nice having saving with elite ball skills/athleticism. Hooker and Stone were both offensive studs in high school and you can see it in their pass defense. Stone's interception is like 10/10 athleticism. Welch had actually gotten a tiny piece of it, the throw is still a bullet and then Stone basically gets his mitts on it and catches his own deflection. Good shit.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
All you guys who re-watch the games and break down the plays are really fucking weird

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
All you guys who re-watch the games and break down the plays are really fucking weird
You’ve never been in the trenches with your brothers, certainly.

If I can find just one tendency or tell on video I can contribute to the success of the program. Coach never emails me back, but he’s a very busy guy. I can tell he gets my messages because I see the influence on the game plan in the weeks following.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I don't know that I've sat down and "re-watched," an Iowa game in entirety in my life. I will stop and watch the final plays/drive of historic wins if they're on BTN, but acting like you're a football coach and watching the "all 22" and taking notes is odd to me.

I have, however, seen every episode of How I Met Your Mother approximately 69 times.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I don't know that I've sat down and "re-watched," an Iowa game in entirety in my life. I will stop and watch the final plays/drive of historic wins if they're on BTN, but acting like you're a football coach and watching the "all 22" and taking notes is odd to me.

I have, however, seen every episode of How I Met Your Mother approximately 69 times.
Niiiiice

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
And I stand with Bovert. If I even know the score of a game I can’t watch the replay.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
It seems we had a decent chunk of our gameplan devoted ot making #42 for Indiana make a decision. He's their hybrid S/LB guy good player but he was on Fant for Fant's TD. He made the good play on Sargent but then the next play he guessed wrong on what Young was doing (TD for Young ... great effort balance on that play btw.)
42 is also the guy who couldn't get Stanley down on the scramble TD to Easley and then threw a mouthpiece tossing fit on the sideline.

Bob

Reaction score
very weird that people who post in a internet forum about football might enjoy watching football or want to understand it better imo

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score

If I can find just one tendency or tell on video I can contribute to the success of the program. Coach never emails me back, but he’s a very busy guy. I can tell he gets my messages because I see the influence on the game plan in the weeks following.
Was the reduction in outside zone last week a coincidence? I think not.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
very weird that people who post in a internet forum about football might enjoy watching football or want to understand it better imo
No amount of watching all 22 is going to get Jonny Cornstalk an understanding of the intricacies of Big Ten football.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
If it's a win, it's a guarantee that I'll do my own version of BTN in 60 the next day.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score

Same

Reaction score
I started re-watching games because I used to always go to gamewatches and it was hard to follow details in the game over drinking and the din. These days, I watch at home but have two kids under the age 3 which makes it basically impossible to follow what's going on live.

I like analyzing what Iowa is doing (particularly on offense). I like the intricacies of football. Part of the enjoyment of following it. Not for the purpose of being a "we should have done this!" guy.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

I will occasionally watch highlights of old games on Youtube while I'm on an exercise bike (HawkeyeHistorian is great for this) but I can't imagine re-watching a game the same weekend you just watched it.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I rewatch it the week following and then save it all year to watch all 13 games the month prior to the season starting. Idgaf if you do or don’t. I get that I’m not the normal fan.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It’s hard to appreciate play/route design when watching live. As mentioned we always have people over so I am running around doing stuff as well. Plus I go to most home games so I usually didn’t see it on tv in the first place.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I usually get hard and have to jerk off after every Iowa TD so I miss a good chunk of the game on days like the last couple weeks so I have to go back and see what I missed.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I usually get hard and have to jerk off after every Iowa TD so I miss a good chunk of the game on days like the last couple weeks so I have to go back and see what I missed.
Grow up

HSP_Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

For the most part I don't either, but I re-watched the OSU game from last year at least 5 times for the pure orgasmic feeling of watching that beatdown.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I rewatch it the week following and then save it all year to watch all 13 games the month prior to the season starting. Idgaf if you do or don’t. I get that I’m not the normal fan.

I’ve deleted kids cartoons off my DVR just to make room for more Iowa games. I think I have every one back through 2015

I’m no football coach, but I do enjoy watching again to see what I might have missed.

Plus my 8 year watches a game almost every single morning

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I have ADD and do not rewatch games, but have no beef with those who do.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

When it comes to your mother, I think we've all compared a few notes...

ivan_drago

Reaction score

When it comes to your mother, I think we've all compared a few notes...
That's cool.

Reaction score
I am a game collector / hoarder. I have a every Iowa win (except the 2009 Outback Bowl) going back to 2008 in electronic format. I've made half hearted attempts to see if we do things differently over the years and the only thing I can really glean is that GDGD's offense did in fact suck.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I am a game collector / hoarder. I have a every Iowa win (except the 2009 Outback Bowl) going back to 2008 in electronic format. I've made half hearted attempts to see if we do things differently over the years and the only thing I can really glean is that GDGD's offense did in fact suck.
I only collect the losses. If you ever want to exchange let me know.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I will watch a game on TV if I was at the stadium. That is if Iiwa won. I like to hear what the announcers have to say and see replays of controversial calls.

If Iowa lost and I was at the stadium I seldom will watch the recorded version and just hit delete.

I usually don't rewatch games I have already saw the TV version of, but sometimes I will have it on in the background as white noise.

To each their own. Do what one enjoys.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I had the Rose Bowl on my DVR for two years. Could never bring myself to watch it.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I have a real intricate system to rewatch each game. I have two columns on a piece of scratch paper, sometimes the back of the grocery list. First column is for “good” plays & the other column is for “bad” plays. I put a tick mark in one column after each play. At the end of the game I add up each column & decide if Brian and/or Phil (sometimes LeVar-see Wisconsin) need to be fired.

I know that’s a lot to process but wanted to share anyway.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
I rewatch games because I'm usually drunk at Kinnick and it's a little foggy. Or I'm drunk at home and it's a little foggy. I like to rewatch sober. I don't try act like a coach and analyze every play though.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
You do you. Just don't live-post your game rewatch like doug.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Collegesportsmadness.com

That sounds legit.

Maybe I'm the only one who has never heard of it.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Collegesportsmadness.com

That sounds legit.

Maybe I'm the only one who has never heard of it.
I'll reserve my excitement for @BracketBattles12 to name him something.