**Official Iowa vs. Iowa State Football Thread - 3:30pm - ABC**

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
We should really stop doing this aww shucksy humble Iowa thing where we talk about how the opponents we defeated weren't very good, thereby diminishing the team's accomplishments.

No one really knows how good Indiana or Iowa State are yet, but repeatedly saying they suck is just silly. We beat two seemingly very good teams and currently have the best resume in the country.

Have a lil pride.
Whoa. Slow down, pilgrim. After two weeks of actually playing with a real ball, ISU slipped by an FCS team and were bludgeoned to death by a salty Iowa team. Maybe they can grow some balls moving forward but they haven’t shown to be Top 25 so far this year.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Whoa. Slow down, pilgrim. After two weeks of actually playing with a real ball, ISU slipped by an FCS team and were bludgeoned to death by a salty Iowa team. Maybe they can grow some balls moving forward but they haven’t shown to be Top 25 so far this year.
Yep, and Indiana totes sucked too and was only good because of the coronavirus, according to HaLo.

Both of those teams had damn near all their starters back from good teams. We torched them both.

It's time to puff our chests out, not go all "lol they must totally suck, derpity derp derp."

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Yep, and Indiana totes sucked too and was only good because of the coronavirus, according to HaLo.

Both of those teams had damn near all their starters back from good teams. We torched them both.

It's time to puff our chests out, not go all "lol they must totally suck, derpity derp derp."
At least Indiana took care of business the right way this week, not just slipping by an FCS opponent.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Indiana and ISU may have the two best pass defenses we see this year.

The issue with Petras is much more with how he handles pressure than his throwing at this point, I can't remember a single positive play where he was flushed from the pocket.
Correct. Not sure how that got past quality control. And how fucking terrible do Padilla and Hogan have to be at this point?

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
At this point it has to be that Kirk and Brian do not want movement in the pocket whatsoever. It makes it too unpredictable to block for!!!!

That’s the only explanation.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Indiana and ISU may have the two best pass defenses we see this year.

The issue with Petras is much more with how he handles pressure than his throwing at this point, I can't remember a single positive play where he was flushed from the pocket.
Yep. Hopefully that will get better but it seems like he’s gonna need to continue get better at stepping up in the pocket vs scrambling.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I dont give a shit if they are really good or not, in any type of ISU thread they fucking suck, period.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Apparently the younger players really have gravitated toward him. Not like a split locker room thing, just that they feel good about him when it becomes his turn.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Apparently the younger players really have gravitated toward him. Not like a split locker room thing, just that they feel good about him when it becomes his turn.
Well, hopefully nearly 2 years from now they are still with him.

Reaction score
Correct. Not sure how that got past quality control. And how fucking terrible do Padilla and Hogan have to be at this point?
The issue is…we really have no idea. Nobody has seen them in a game. They’ve seen them in a PRACTICE…where apparently Spencer looks like Joe Montainya….but as has been brutally obvious….there is nothing that simulates the real game.

Reaction score
The issue is…we really have no idea. Nobody has seen them in a game. They’ve seen them in a PRACTICE…where apparently Spencer looks like Joe Montainya….but as has been brutally obvious….there is nothing that simulates the real game.
The other two haven't looked good in the public practices either. In April of 08 I was ready to stand on the table for Stanzi over JC and I'd do it again if I saw someone similar behind Petras.

Reaction score
The other two haven't looked good in the public practices either. In April of 08 I was ready to stand on the table for Stanzi over JC and I'd do it again if I saw someone similar behind Petras.
Doesn’t matter. At this point I’m ready to conclude that practices mean Jack shit

Reaction score
A co-worker of mine is a huge delusional Iowa State fan. She seemed to always find a way to be super busy this morning. Finally I got to talk to her about the game...

Me: So did you watch the game?

Her: A little bit. I turned it off. I could care less.

Me: (walking away) Uh huh. I'm sure you do.

Her: (raises voice) It's all about the mighty dollar!

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
You're not wrong, both Padilla and Deuce need snaps over the next two games. I'm just not optimistic. Maybe Labas?
If Iowa fans don’t get to indulge in the Deuce being loose there’s going to be a riot.