**Official Iowa vs. Iowa State Football Thread - 3:30pm - ABC**

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
There was plenty of shit for everyone. It’s not either/or. One got the win, one got benched. Both stunk.
Let’s not act like their performance was equally shitty. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but your dip shit QB threw 3 INTs. Spencer did his normal not much of anything.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
There was plenty of shit for everyone. It’s not either/or. One got the win, one got benched. Both stunk.
Not sure who I would take between the two honestly. I like Purdys mobility but his arm is average at best and he makes some bad decisions.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Now you have me defending one of the shittiest QBs in program history. God, I’m dumb

SousyHawk

melts in your mouth, and not in your hand.
Reaction score
They were down 3 scores against a defense that was absolutely dominating them. Why fans would quit, in that scenario, makes sense. Campbell doing it, though, should say something to his players. That dude just wanted to go home, and was worried we were going to permanently ruin their golden boy. That's all there is to it. Iowa, who is "so fucking smart," crushed his will to compete on that day.
Campbell also gave up the national narrative on his football team. By pulling the starting QB and playing the fourth quarter the way he did the national media is now talking about "any conversation with Iowa State is over". The narrative really should have been "Iowa State had some errors, but really showed some grit in trying to make a comeback."

Campbell quit, so everyone else has too. I'm still baffled. The game worked out the way I certainly wanted it do, but for some reason I'm kinda mad about how CMC decided to handle the whole thing.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I didn’t paint eclone for this.
He's lashing out- its understandable. Tlhe best Iowa State team ever was exposed as a fraud in a prime time national spot they've been crying for. They really should thank their lucky stars that Petras sucks and Phil called off the dogs otherwise that would have been an epic beatdown.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Turned them over. Consistently turned short fields into points. Leveraged a world class punting performance to flip the field every time. Got the lead and bled the clock without turning it over.
Demoralized the opponent into quitting in the span of a 15 minute quarter.

But you guys can’t be happy with your lack of yards!!!

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
@eclone , I like you. But your fanbase sucks ass. Just the biggest group of irrelevant goobers desperate for attention.

It wasn’t you. But you can’t expect a fanbase to talk that much shit, then get fucking pwned all day long and basically quit when the entire nation is watching and not expect to be served up a giant bowl of shit for immediate consumption.

it’s not too late to jump ship and hop on this train.

choo choo motherfuckers!

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I never want to see Iowa call off the dogs that early again. Especially on defense. Never give the opponent a glimmer of hope, especially those fucking douche bags. Iowa’s defense thoroughly embarrassed them for 3 quarters yet their fans are still talking shit because Dekkers had 82 seconds to stand in the pocket to throw the ball. So the garbage yards piled up+ a garbage score.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Jesus, you guys won, you don't have to make shit up. He was pushed off balance while someone was rolling up on his feet and fell backwards. Not a flop, not a penalty, play on just like it was called.

Just like someone above that said something to the effect of "just another Big 12 defense". You can't feel good about having under 200 yards, i don't care how short the field was. The lead wasn't big enough that you were sitting on it the whole game. Goodson/IKM had no room to run, and Petras made two good throws, but otherwise looked like he was a pants shitter.

I have no excuse or explaination on ISU's offense this year. Just hope it gets fixed. But the defense is legit, and easily the best I've seen. That Iowa appears to also have the best defense (or right there at the top) that you've ever had, doesn't make ISU's any less so. Iowa looked like a top 10 team on Saturday. Iowa State looked like a top 25 team. Both have enough room to improve that they could win more than enough games to make their fans happy this year. Knowing that that bar is not the same at both schools.

As always, it was a fun atmosphere for 8 hours leading up to the game and I don't care what any one else says against it (from either side) it's a Saturday that I always enjoy, at least up until game time. Seeing tailgates full of fans from both schools drinking, eating, and having a good time makes me glad that both schools have so many more fans in real life than just us idiots that hang out online at HR, Halo, CF, whatever.
It was a flop. He threw his hands up. GTFOH

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Turned them over. Consistently turned short fields into points. Leveraged a world class punting performance to flip the field every time. Got the lead and bled the clock without turning it over.
Demoralized the opponent into quitting in the span of a 15 minute quarter.

But you guys can’t be happy with your lack of yards!!!
They truly don’t understand that Iowa didn’t like their qb before playing a solid defense in his first ever road test and that performance on Saturday didn’t change anything.

Hawk fans knew exactly what they had. Clones did not.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
I was surprised GameDay decided to make this the week's game. I was not surprised to see ISU's fans freak out about it and use it to bolster their Greatest Team Evar!!! argument. I was surprised to see how much trolling of ISU ESPN did throughout the day.

The team and school just got bitch slapped all day long.

It was great.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
@eclone , I like you. But your fanbase sucks ass. Just the biggest group of irrelevant goobers desperate for attention.

It wasn’t you. But you can’t expect a fanbase to talk that much shit, then get fucking pwned all day long and basically quit when the entire nation is watching and not expect to be served up a giant bowl of shit for immediate consumption.

it’s not too late to jump ship and hop on this train.

choo choo motherfuckers!
I mean, holy shit. From Ashton Kutcher being the guest picker, to rolling in on a Hawkeye combine, to Lee Corso trolling you, to the thorough beat down on the field, to quitting, to Holly Rowe’s interview with Kirk at the end talking about the hype…

I mean, you guys even trolled yourselves with the uniforms and the Jump Around bullshit. The entire nation knew what you were going in, and everything that happened only served as confirmation. It’s like everyone was in on the joke but you.

Burn it to the ground and start over.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Jesus, you guys won, you don't have to make shit up. He was pushed off balance while someone was rolling up on his feet and fell backwards. Not a flop, not a penalty, play on just like it was called.

Just like someone above that said something to the effect of "just another Big 12 defense". You can't feel good about having under 200 yards, i don't care how short the field was. The lead wasn't big enough that you were sitting on it the whole game. Goodson/IKM had no room to run, and Petras made two good throws, but otherwise looked like he was a pants shitter.

I have no excuse or explaination on ISU's offense this year. Just hope it gets fixed. But the defense is legit, and easily the best I've seen. That Iowa appears to also have the best defense (or right there at the top) that you've ever had, doesn't make ISU's any less so. Iowa looked like a top 10 team on Saturday. Iowa State looked like a top 25 team. Both have enough room to improve that they could win more than enough games to make their fans happy this year. Knowing that that bar is not the same at both schools.

As always, it was a fun atmosphere for 8 hours leading up to the game and I don't care what any one else says against it (from either side) it's a Saturday that I always enjoy, at least up until game time. Seeing tailgates full of fans from both schools drinking, eating, and having a good time makes me glad that both schools have so many more fans in real life than just us idiots that hang out online at HR, Halo, CF, whatever.

Awww... this is so cute. Eclone actually thought they were going to win and is a wee bit triggerd today.

Lol. I love it.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
My brother (L&S as well as an ISU grad) was particularly salty in 2004. I was back in town from AZ and we both went to the game. I was rubbing it in a bit on our walk back to the tailgate and he said “Yeah well good luck with that team in the big ten”.

What a douche.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
My brother (L&S as well as an ISU grad) was particularly salty in 2004. I was back in town from AZ and we both went to the game. I was rubbing it in a bit on our walk back to the tailgate and he said “Yeah well good luck with that team in the big ten”.

What a douche.
Wow, how’d that team do? I forget

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Teams aren’t drafting RBs like Hall in the 1st. Like Garza, he would have been somewhere in the 1st years ago.
There have been 4 RBs taken in the first round in the last 3 years: Najee Harris, Travis Etienne, Edwards-Helaire, & Josh Jacobs.

3 TEs: Pitts, Hockenson, and Fant.

Microscopically small chance Hall or Kolar go in the 1st.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa State has 20 returning starters on this team. A number of those starters are guys who could’ve potentially gone pro and/or were granted an extra Covid year and all came back for the “perfect year”. Iowa lost several studs that had eligibility left that undoubtedly would’ve made a huge impact. ISU is playing with an extra class and Iowa is replacing starters with underclassmen.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Iowa State has 20 returning starters on this team. A number of those starters are guys who could’ve potentially gone pro and/or were granted an extra Covid year and all came back for the “perfect year”. Iowa lost several studs that had eligibility left that undoubtedly would’ve made a huge impact. ISU is playing with an extra class and Iowa is replacing starters with underclassmen.
And they are significantly worse than Iowa.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Gone pro in what?