**Official Iowa vs. Iowa State Football Thread - 3:30pm - ABC**

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I’d rather have that nine foot dude Nebrantska had. Caught that one that I’m fairly certain would have hit the water tower on his tippy toes.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
My brother (L&S as well as an ISU grad) was particularly salty in 2004. I was back in town from AZ and we both went to the game. I was rubbing it in a bit on our walk back to the tailgate and he said “Yeah well good luck with that team in the big ten”.

What a douche.
Ur brother sounds like a real faget

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
My brother (L&S as well as an ISU grad) was particularly salty in 2004. I was back in town from AZ and we both went to the game. I was rubbing it in a bit on our walk back to the tailgate and he said “Yeah well good luck with that team in the big ten”.

What a douche.
all I saw was “ salty” and “rubbing it in my back”

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
When Austin Ash gets 4 minutes/gm this year, you and Doug can meet in Williamsburg and 69 each other.
Then you can show up and scream our real names out to everyone!

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Williams now with the typical “I’d love to see them play in November.”

it’s the same shit every year. This is why they can’t have nice things and I wish nothing but the worst for them.
THIS is why it's not enjoyable. It isn't a fun rivalry.

I have tons of family who are Wisconsin fans. It's fun. When one side loses, they hate it, but there is a mutual respect that makes it fun to go back-and-forth. That just doesn't happen here, because it's always some excuse-making, invented-reality bullshit. They suck any fun that could exist out of it.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Williams now with the typical “I’d love to see them play in November.”

it’s the same shit every year. This is why they can’t have nice things and I wish nothing but the worst for them.
This is why their “what excuse will Iowa use when the lose” thread was so fucking hilarious. They’ve literally used almost every single one of them themselves in the last 72 hours

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
THIS is why it's not enjoyable. It isn't a fun rivalry.

I have tons of family who are Wisconsin fans. It's fun. When one side loses, they hate it, but there is a mutual respect that makes it fun to go back-and-forth. That just doesn't happen here, because it's always some excuse-making, invented-reality bullshit. They suck any fun that could exist out of it.
This ultimately nails it: Iowa has rivalries with several other schools. The fan reactions and interactions with personal friends IRL of those programs….is 10000% different than it is with Iowa State fans. They literally live in a different universe.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
This ultimately nails it: Iowa has rivalries with several other schools. The fan reactions and interactions with personal friends IRL of those programs….is 10000% different than it is with Iowa State fans. The literally live in a different universe.
They don't have any other rivalries, so they don't understand. They have no point of comparison.

I like going to Iowa games in the Twin Cities. I've spent a Saturday in Champaign. Half my family are Badger fans. NONE of that is like this. None of them react to a loss to Iowa with "oh yeah well it didn't really happen because blah blah blah, and if we played them later THEN things would be different."

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
They don't have any other rivalries, so they don't understand. They have no point of comparison.

I like going to Iowa games in the Twin Cities. I've spent a Saturday in Champaign. Half my family are Badger fans. NONE of that is like this. None of them react to a loss to Iowa with "oh yeah well it didn't really happen because blah blah blah, and if we played them later THEN things would be different."
None of those other schools have a carnival barker like ADJP. Herein lies the major difference.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Jesus, you guys won, you don't have to make shit up. He was pushed off balance while someone was rolling up on his feet and fell backwards. Not a flop, not a penalty, play on just like it was called.

Just like someone above that said something to the effect of "just another Big 12 defense". You can't feel good about having under 200 yards, i don't care how short the field was. The lead wasn't big enough that you were sitting on it the whole game. Goodson/IKM had no room to run, and Petras made two good throws, but otherwise looked like he was a pants shitter.

I have no excuse or explaination on ISU's offense this year. Just hope it gets fixed. But the defense is legit, and easily the best I've seen. That Iowa appears to also have the best defense (or right there at the top) that you've ever had, doesn't make ISU's any less so. Iowa looked like a top 10 team on Saturday. Iowa State looked like a top 25 team. Both have enough room to improve that they could win more than enough games to make their fans happy this year. Knowing that that bar is not the same at both schools.

As always, it was a fun atmosphere for 8 hours leading up to the game and I don't care what any one else says against it (from either side) it's a Saturday that I always enjoy, at least up until game time. Seeing tailgates full of fans from both schools drinking, eating, and having a good time makes me glad that both schools have so many more fans in real life than just us idiots that hang out online at HR, Halo, CF, whatever.
Did they though?

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Champaign is a real fuckin shithole.
We had a decent time tailgating, but they couldn't believe we intended to actually attend the football game. The city SUCKS.

None of those other schools have a carnival barker like ADJP. Herein lies the major difference.
I think he amplifies, but this is who they were before.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
They haven’t looked like a top 25 team. Let’s pretend there wasn’t a pre-season AP poll. Would they be ranked after the first two weeks of actually watching them play and the results?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
They haven’t looked like a top 25 team. Let’s pretend there wasn’t a pre-season AP poll. Would they be ranked after the first two weeks of actually watching them play and the results?
We should really stop doing this aww shucksy humble Iowa thing where we talk about how the opponents we defeated weren't very good, thereby diminishing the team's accomplishments.

No one really knows how good Indiana or Iowa State are yet, but repeatedly saying they suck is just silly. We beat two seemingly very good teams and currently have the best resume in the country.

Have a lil pride.