**Official Iowa vs. Iowa State Football Thread - 3:30pm - ABC**

SousyHawk

melts in your mouth, and not in your hand.
Reaction score
A few things about the ratings surprise me:

1. That the NFL is that dominant. Vastly more people tuned in to Tampa Bay vs. Dallas on a Thursday night than nearly all of Saturday college football combined.

2. You can look at the ratings of the various sports and draw a "WWE Friday Smackdown" line. 12 teams were involved in college football games that outdrew WWE Friday Night Smackdown.

3. The Saturday night Yankees / Mets game which was both symbolic (9/11) and a pretty good game drew that low. (MLB @ Field of Dreams drew 6-7 times that audience number.)

Reaction score
Any chance when they get Schott back to full strength they kick Ince out to RT? Seems like that might be an upgrade there and the staff has referenced Ince being versatile in a few comments I've seen.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Colby went from 9 snaps against Indiana to 24 against Iowa State. Seems like the ideal scenario would be him eventually overtaking DeJong at RT.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of this guy before. But the YouTube algorithm clearly knows what I'll click on lol

Starts about 1:00 in. I'm about halfway through and I think this guy might be a genius.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll::roll:
That was a great 8 1/2 minutes.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Could you imagine if CycloneFanatic was like Halo and allowed anyone to come in and cuss and talk as much shit as they wanted without fear of being banned like they do within a millisecond?

Halo would make most of them cry within a half hour. I dream about Stinky, myself, Mikey and multiple others just lighting them on fire and watching them burn.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Also, I thought about it for about 30 seconds, which is like 59:30 less than the time you spent on a single Blum and Williams podcast.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Especially when the defense doesn’t even send an extra player out to cover him, as Iowa State did. Two defenders can pretty easily cover three “receivers” when one of them is Spencer fucking Petras.
Running wildcat in a way that actually gives the offense a numbers disadvantage is about as Iowa as it gets.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The first INT there was a slight grab that Hankins got away with early in the route. It affected nothing because Purdy underthrew the ball.
That's the HaLo version.

The CF version was Purdy purposely under-threw it. Since the defender held and slowed them both up it was picked. Should have been a flag. 4D chess and all that..... /sarcasm

Reaction score
Take away this, take away that.....they are slowly working their way to the game never having occurred at all.
Did not see any of the UNI game, did anything "lucky" happen for Iowa State to win 16-10 over a lower level program? Or, it that only when they lose? No luck when they beat UNI in overtime a few years ago either.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Did not see any of the UNI game, did anything "lucky" happen for Iowa State to win 16-10 over a lower level program? Or, it that only when they lose? No luck when they beat UNI in overtime a few years ago either.
I was told UNI was lucky to score a TD on the one drive they did. That was the only luck involved