**Official Iowa vs. Iowa State Football Thread - 3:30pm - ABC**

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Do we have to do that stupid fucking CMC shit here?
I overheard a grown man talking to another grown man the other day and he referred to “Coach” so and so. What a pussy.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
On the Evans sack, I love watching VanValkenberg. He came from the other end and played contain perfectly. You can even see where Purdy thought he he room to run, then saw him and froze, just in time for Evans to clean up. It was exceptional defense.
Its almost like fundamentals are more important than uniforms.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Just about the perfect football player, imo. Big, strong, fast, and seemingly smart.
He's what Reggie Spearman would have been if Reggie Spearman hadn't had crippling mental impairment on the football field. (Oh, look, there's another pass to the RB in the slot that was your responsibility! If only you hadn't been suckered by any kind of play fake or pre-snap motion, like you are on every fucking offensive snap!)

I love Jacobs about as much as I hated Spearman, and I hated Spearman only slightly less than Bo Bower, arguably the dumbest and most athletically limited defender to ever don a uniform for KF.

Reaction score
He's what Reggie Spearman would have been if Reggie Spearman hadn't had crippling mental impairment on the football field. (Oh, look, there's another pass to the RB in the slot that was your responsibility! If only you hadn't been suckered by any kind of play fake or pre-snap motion, like you are on every fucking offensive snap!)

I love Jacobs about as much as I hated Spearman, and I hated Spearman only slightly less than Bo Bower, arguably the dumbest and most athletically limited defender to ever don a uniform for KF.
Maybe I'm remembering someone else, but I seem to recall Bower was plenty athletic. He was just generally running really fast in the wrong direction.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
4.57 Pro Day 40, 34.5” vertical, 6.9 3 cone. Not the worst athlete. Jewell ran 4.68 and did 35” the same day with a 6.8 3 cone at the combine.

Last edited:

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Bower was really good against the run.
He had a pretty good senior season after an underwhelming start to his time at Iowa. Great at run support. But I still have PTSD from watching him run full speed straight ahead in to blockers seemingly 17 times a game early in his career

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He had a pretty good senior season after an underwhelming start to his time at Iowa. Great at run support. But I still have PTSD from watching him run full speed straight ahead in to blockers seemingly 17 times a game early in his career
Spearman, Alston and Bower vs. David Johnson. Lol

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Spearman, Alston and Bower vs. David Johnson. Lol
My sole memory of that game is watching Spearman get suckered on play action and helplessly watching the ball sail over his head to the arms of a wide open Johnson.

Also, those of you defending Bower should go back and watch the 2016 PSU game. James Franklin's offensive game plan that night was basically "Bower sucks and we're going to direct our entire offense at him", to the tune of 41 points.

(Also also, thanks for triggering the PTSD, guys!)

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
I’ve had a couple people tell me that if I gained 100lbs I’d look exactly like him. Upon further review, I don’t think it would take that many.
Didn’t we take pics of you with a headset on and yelling to prove that point at a drunken tailgate? Or is that my drunken tailgate brain making it up? Bert was a little less fat then.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
This thread. Holy shit.

“Iowa’s already played the beat team on their schedule.”

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Exhibit A from CF:

As usual Iowa, is the Fake ID of college football, but you listen to their fans, its Alabama and Clemson, then a half step behind them is EIU. Only problem is they have won the pillow soft Big Least West just once since its formation, but that is just because everyone that plays EIU gets up for the mighty Squawks, its their biggest game of the year, their Super Bowl to play EIU.

Exhibit B
Clones always like to take shots at how "soft" the bottom of the Big Ten is. So I thought it might be interesting to see how those teams stacked up over the last decade.

Last 10 years:
ISU - 51-74
IU - 49-74
Pur - 39-81
Minn - 66-61
Ill - 46-78
Mary - 50-74
Rut - 49-75
NW - 72-56

Without having even looked at how many times Iowa has played each one of those over the last decade, Iowa State is right there with the worst teams on Iowa's schedule in any given season.

Exhibit C:
So CyTwins is doing his Iowa plays a weak schedule thing again, so I thought I would go see what the data says about this.

Site below has Final SOS for the last 17 Season. In the last 17 years, Iowa has played a tougher schedule than Iowa State 11 times. In each of those 11 seasons, Iowa State finished the season unranked, presumably lowering Iowa's SOS.

Iowa State has had a tougher schedule just 6 times in the last 17 years. 2 of the 6, Iowa finished ranked in the AP Top 25, presumably improving the Cyclones final SOS.

Avg SOS for the last 17 Seasons:
Iowa - 34th
Iowa State - 44th

Exhibit D:

Iowa State has finished with a better strength of schedule just 5 times in the last 15 years

A couple of those 5 were within about 4-5 spots of each other

I’ll let you take a guess at which team is consistently one of the very worst on the Iowa schedule every year.

Last edited:

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
On Campbell:

I hope he still has a migraine. Total cluster fuc* of having a superior team, players back to finish the job, national spotlight, blah, blah, blah. How he can stand their ALL game long and not intervene on the offense is maddening.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
More inside the coach’s head

Dekkers is the savior.

He didn't know what to do at the time IMO. You don't want to send Dekkers out there to maybe the best defense we see all year and get lit up too, but in the moment I was angry as well. I felt like they weren't calling plays to win. Just to be safe.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Anyone feel like a prop bet on NFL draft picks on the defensive side of the ball over the next 3 years?

So far, the ball has bounced EIU's way, what happens when that stops? You first team running back average 1.1 yards a carry against a Big 12 defense. You know the league that everyone on your boards swears up and down that does not play defense.

You have a good defense, not any better than ISU's, a great punter and what?

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
As usual Iowa, is the Fake ID of college football, but you listen to their fans, its Alabama and Clemson, then a half step behind them is EIU. Only problem is they have won the pillow soft Big Least West just once since its formation, but that is just because everyone that plays EIU gets up for the mighty Squawks, its their biggest game of the year, their Super Bowl to play EIU.
Is this a thing now? This guy appears to be the worst based on this post alone.