Game Thread **Official Iowa vs. Iowa State Game Thread - 3:45pm on FOX**

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Sam Richardson is a shitty quarterback at the the helm of an even shittier program. What a relief to not lose to those turds.
He was dealing in the first half though. Both TD throws were perfect.

I'm still of the opinion they may win a non Kansas B12 game or two with his experience and their receivers.
He quickly regressed to his mean in the second half. He sucks.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Toaster-caked?

I'm gonna need a clarification on that or I shall be forced to deliver a bow.
Idk where it comes from. It's like "pole-axed", hit hard suddenly, de-cleated, upended

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

I'm still of the opinion they may win a non Kansas B12 game or two with his experience and their receivers.
I really really hope he doesn't. It would be hilarious if he finished his career with zero conference wins.

Reaction score
1. Iowa should've tried to paralyze the holder for ISU.
2. On 3rd and long, our D-line is 100% white guys.
3. Sam Richardson has no pocket presence.
4. Kirk Ferentz still doesn't understand time.
5. Paul Rhodes probably has some sort of mental disorder.
6. It's a good thing we don't play any good teams this year.
Paul running around after they stopped that fake field was gold. He couldn't remember what to do next. Oh, we go to the locker room now? Lol
'Stopped' the fake field goal. They still gave up almost 30 yards on the play.
The goal of a fake field goal with 1 second left is to score. They stopped Iowa from scoring.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
Fox Sports 1 will be replaying the game this week. Looks like the first replay is at 2 PM on Monday.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fox Sports 1 will be replaying the game this week. Looks like the first replay is at 2 PM on Monday.
or, get a DVR
I actually like this because the game was all fucked up yesterday being on 2 different channels and ran long as well. If I want to watch it again, would have to click back through 3 different mislabeled recordings.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
or, get a DVR
I actually like this because the game was all fucked up yesterday being on 2 different channels and ran long as well. If I want to watch it again, would have to click back through 3 different mislabeled recordings.
Correct. I DVRed the game but only have the part after the baseball game was over.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm recording the rerun. Hopefully they don't cut any plays. I actually get torrents of all Iowa games so hopefully someone managed to capture the full original broadcast.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Ok, Richardson is garbage.
That game is going to feel like a Swedish massage compared to the pain and embarrassment you will feel when Woodbury, Gesell and Uthoff piss all over the Hilton Magic this year.

Reaction score
Did it seem disrespectful that the Hawks didn't shake hands? I know there were circumstances, but I found it odd.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
it seemed like Iowa got more of a pass rush as the game went on. Thats odd, generally when a team passes a lot, the d line gets tired. I dunno if ISUs o line is out of shape, or the lack of a run threat was a bigger factor.

Last edited:

BLSardo

BSLardo, Carnie
Reaction score
I'm late to the reaction party and I'm sure everything that needs to be said has already been said, but the playcall/execution of the Beathard to McCarron touchdown was so, so good.

The second half of that game is how it should always be when these two teams play each other.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I'm late to the reaction party and I'm sure everything that needs to be said has already been said, but the playcall/execution of the Beathard to McCarron touchdown was so, so good.

The second half of that game is how it should always be when these two teams play each other.
The second half of the 4th quarter, at least.

On the walk out I got a little face to face time with Mr. Greg Davis. I was in the midst of a Hawkeye High, so I just said "Nice game, Bubba" and rubbed his shoulder. Last year I crossed paths similarly with Wally Burnam. I called him an asshole (he called me one too, then we high fived). In hindsight I wish I would have handled those interactions in the exact opposite manner. Shit like that doesn't happen in Stinky's basement.

BLSardo

BSLardo, Carnie
Reaction score
On the walk out I got a little face to face time with Mr. Greg Davis. I was in the midst of a Hawkeye High, so I just said "Nice game, Bubba" and rubbed his shoulder. Shit like that doesn't happen in Stinky's basement.
This is a cool fuckin' story, bro. A shame you didn't have a tarp on hand.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Ok, Richardson is garbage.
That game is going to feel like a Swedish massage compared to the pain and embarrassment you will feel when Woodbury, Gesell and Uthoff piss all over the Hilton Magic this year.
Right.
Double reverse accosting story time!

At some point before the game they showed the basketball team on the jumbo-tron and called out last year's accomplishments. I say to my buddy "Quite a nice honor for a team that went 0-1 in the NCAA tourney." (which is a fucking sick burn!) and some cydouche turns around and full-retardedly says "Where was Iowa during the NCAA tournament??".

LOL!!!! csb!! Doesn't happen in Stinky's basement!!

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Sam Richardson is a shitty quarterback at the the helm of an even shittier program. What a relief to not lose to those turds.

He has no business being the starting QB.

He can't throw under pressure, can't hit open receivers, and is undersized and slow for being a mobile QB. And mind you, this is after starting for most of the last three-plus seasons.

Rohach is worse, so I'd rather see what Lanning can do at this point.

Reaction score

He has no business being the starting QB.

He can't throw under pressure, can't hit open receivers, and is undersized and slow for being a mobile QB. And mind you, this is after starting for most of the last three-plus seasons.

Rohach is worse, so I'd rather see what Lanning can do at this point.
Lanning's abilities seem to limited to going apeshit after made extra points.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't want to ruin the ending, but Lanning is going to suck also.

Last edited:
Reaction score
it seemed like Iowa got more of a pass rush as the game went on. Thats odd, generally when a team passes a lot, the d line gets tired. I dunno if ISUs o line is out of shape, or the lack of a run threat was a bigger factor.

Reaction score

Better coverage in the backfield. They went with press coverage on the WRs and umbrella/halo with the safeties and had a LB spying on the QB so he couldn't run upfield like he did last year (or the years before)

Reaction score
ISU crowd seemed a bit out of it from the start of the second half on, can they leave the stadium and tailgate?

Jeleel Johnson dominated the second half.

Reaction score
ISU crowd seemed a bit out of it from the start of the second half on, can they leave the stadium and tailgate?

I think they allow re-entry. Seemed like they were a lot of empty seats in the new SEZ several minutes into the second half

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score

I think they allow re-entry. Seemed like they were a lot of empty seats in the new SEZ several minutes into the second half
I noticed that as well. I figured everyone went up to the bar.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
On my channel guide it shows this in a 2-hour window. It appears there are 3-hour versions on some of the Fox Regional channels throughout the week (which I don't get).

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score

McCarron ran a really impressive route. They didn't really show it on Fox but channel 13's highlight of the TD showed how well he burned that isu db.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score

McCarron ran a really impressive route. They didn't really show it on Fox but channel 13's highlight of the TD showed how well he burned that isu db.
Douchebag right?