**Official Iowa vs. Maryland Football Thread - 7:00pm - FS1**

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
These three paragraphs from the Athletic's write-up...
Trailing 7-3, the Hawkeyes regained the lead on a 1-yard sneak from Petras on the quarter’s first play. Then on the kickoff, backup Iowa safety Sebastian Castro leveled returner Dontay Demus Jr., causing a fumble, which was recovered by backup linebacker Jay Higgins. Demus suffered a leg injury in the pileup and did not return.

Two plays later, the Hawkeyes took a 17-7 lead on an 8-yard strike from Petras to true freshman Arland Bruce. On the Terrapins’ first play on their next series, Iowa safety Jack Koerner intercepted Tagovailoa after a tip from linebacker Jack Campbell. The Hawkeyes drove to the 1, where Petras pushed it in for another score and a 24-7 advantage.

Another two Maryland plays, another Iowa interception, this time by safety Dane Belton. Iowa finished that drive with a 2-yard blast from fullback Monte Pottebaum and a 31-7 lead. The Hawkeyes scored four touchdowns and forced three turnovers in barely nine minutes of game action.

Reaction score
I’m gonna watch this bitch again
I was gone all night and had to watch it from about12:30-330 or so (thanks Hulu Live for not letting you fast forward through commercials in DVR!).

From reading through messages here and seeing some chat during the game, I expected Goodson to have looked pedestrian in the running game. He actually looked pretty good I thought. He tailed off in the second half, but I thought other than a few plays where he danced and went nowhere he hit the holes pretty well or made a lot from nothing.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Reggie Bush appears to have been doing his homework.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
David Pollack refusing to give Iowa any credit for the win, already starting his “we can’t let them into the playoff,” campaign early this year.
He said this after last night's fissuring? Not sure that's the right call, Davesy.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
He said this after last night's fissuring? Not sure that's the right call, Davesy.
he was downplaying Iowa’s defense on gameday by saying offenses are just bad around the nation this year. It was fucking bizarre.

I am referring to the last CFP ranking show in 2015 where he was basically crying and pleading for the committee not to let Iowa in even if they won the title game and were 13-0.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Locksley set themup for failure with the last possession of the first. Maryland had the ball at their 45 with :05 seconds left and Tua had already thrown 3 INTS. They try to heave it to the end zone and of course it’s picked. Just take a knee, go into the locker room, and try and regroup. Locksley is an all-time terrible coach
I think it may take awhile for him to recover. One of the sideline cams got a great shot of him after that pick, and he looked like that guy in the war movies who's standing there realizing his entire squad is lying dead around him.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
After a couple missed tackles early, Belton settled down and played great. I have no idea how he came up with Koerner’s fumble.
I think that dog pile rapidly turned into something out of "Saw".

Reaction score
David Pollack refusing to give Iowa any credit for the win, already starting his “we can’t let them into the playoff,” campaign early this year.
was just going to post this, Kirk, Reece and even Desmond were all raving about Iowa and that little douche just kept dropping little bitch comments

“it was more about bad Maryland”
“This is a good year because offenses are down and Iowa’s usually down offensively”

Lol he hates Iowa so much, also seemed like they were hinting at coming to Iowa city next week with the circus comments

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
was just going to post this, Kirk, Reece and even Desmond were all raving about Iowa and that little douche just kept dropping little bitch comments

“it was more about bad Maryland”
“This is a good year because offenses are down and Iowa’s usually down offensively”

Lol he hates Iowa so much, also seemed like they were hinting at coming to Iowa city next week with the circus comments
He didn’t even see the damn game. He gasped when he heard how many turnovers there were. He has NO clue.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
What a fun game and a nice surprise! My house got fucking crunk last night. Sorry you missed it for the Mariners loss Sondy!

Reaction score
He didn’t even see the damn game. He gasped when he heard how many turnovers there were. He has NO clue.
Hopefully they get rid of him when they find a permanent replacement for Corso, show will likely never be as good as it was when Corso was in his prime, but it would be a hell of a lot better if they get rid of Pollack, even Desmond but I’m guessing he’s safe.

Reaction score
I'm so fucking happy this fine Saturday morning. Sanding a shelf that needs repainted waiting on 11 o'clock games to start and may go fishing before soccer games. What a great day.
Im sitting at an 8u softball tourney and not even really that mad about it. Actually enjoying it a bit. Day is so much better reflecting on that absolute ass kicking last night

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
How would Gameday be in Iowa City next week if Herbstreit is calling the Texas/OU game at 11 AM in Dallas?