**Official Iowa vs. Michigan Football Thread - 11am - FOX**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Watching the condensed game of Middle Tennessee vs. Michigan and it appears that Michigan is pretty much Iowa State.

They can't run the ball very well, has an offense that does that spread clap bullshit, mildly talented quarterback that is careless with the ball and a mediocre defense. They have shitty special teams that likes to do dumb shit.
Plus they’ve fumbled the ball 73 times so far I think. I’d be okay if that continued one more week.
That’s an average of 18.25 a game. I’d like Iowa’s chances if that continues.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Michigan fucking SUCKS.

Do not give them any internet message board respect.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Bummed to see neither Hankins nor Brents back. Going to have to run a lot of 4-3 against a spread offense with legit athletes on the outside. Not good. Hawks should score a lot though.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Bummed to see neither Hankins nor Brents back. Going to have to run a lot of 4-3 against a spread offense with legit athletes on the outside. Not good. Hawks should score a lot though.
I don't think we know if they are going to be back or not.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
It would be nice to have them. Michigan hasn't looked great by any means but they've got talent and athletes all over the place.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Doesn't seem likely given Ferentz was asked about injuries and specifically mentioned Jackson and Merriweather as being back.

Reaction score
I'd guess both of those guys could have gone Saturday if needed, and that's why Ferentz said what he did.

HawkCarl

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Getting in on the Hawkeye ML. 5 units. +170 appears to be the opening number. For some reason not showing up on the William Hill app.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Doesn't seem likely given Ferentz was asked about injuries and specifically mentioned Jackson and Merriweather as being back.
In those Sunday conversations he only mentions who he knows 100% will be back. Jackson dressed and Merriweather could have gone last week.

I would look for any real news on Hankins and others on Tuesday.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I will be tailgating in the Pioneer High School grass lot. I think I'll be ok as the whole "Not being within 100 yards of a school" rule doesn't cross state lines...right?

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Hawks 27, Wolverines 12

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
I realize he intentionally sounds like a moron in his press conferences, but it is somewhat surprising that Harbaugh is a functioning adult.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I will be tailgating in the Pioneer High School grass lot. I think I'll be ok as the whole "Not being within 100 yards of a school" rule doesn't cross state lines...right?
I think it does, Quintana.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I realize he intentionally sounds like a moron in his press conferences, but it is somewhat surprising that Harbaugh is a functioning adult.

Posted Nov 10th, 2015

And Jim Harbaugh is a football savant but he is legitimately retarded. He can't put together a coherent thought. Ever. Listen to his press conferences. I'd swear that guy dropped just insane amounts of acid in his younger years.

douglasbader

Reaction score
@brantshawks is an expert on what legal distance you have to say away from a school or park.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Posted Nov 10th, 2015

And Jim Harbaugh is a football savant but he is legitimately retarded. He can't put together a coherent thought. Ever. Listen to his press conferences. I'd swear that guy dropped just insane amounts of acid in his younger years.
A good friend of mine was a student at Michigan the same time Harbaugh was. My friend knew a girl who was an engineering major (obviously really smart) that Harbaugh tried to pick up one night at a bar. Harbaugh walked up to her and said, "I'm Jim Harbaugh." The girl, unimpressed, said, "I know." Obviously not getting the response he wanted, he said, "the quarterback." Girl said, "So?" Jim, without any other game or topics to talk about, walked away.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

Posted Nov 10th, 2015

A good friend of mine was a student at Michigan the same time Harbaugh was. My friend knew a girl who was an engineering major (obviously really smart) that Harbaugh tried to pick up one night at a bar. Harbaugh walked up to her and said, "I'm Jim Harbaugh." The girl, unimpressed, said, "I know." Obviously not getting the response he wanted, he said, "the quarterback." Girl said, "So?" Jim, without any other game or topics to talk about, walked away.
I’m sure that worked just fine most of the time.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Posted Nov 10th, 2015
I'm sure it did. But when required to hold an actual conversation or have anything resembling an original thought in his head he came up empty.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
We will win unless Michigan’s wide receivers go off. They are big, fast and many, and it’s really the only clear advantage they have.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Hi, I’m Jim Harbaugh and I’m a total psycho.

Glen

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure it did. But when required to hold an actual conversation or have anything resembling an original thought in his head he came up empty.
Unimpressed girl: Nice khakis

JH: They'll look even better crumpled on your floor in the morning.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think we will know pretty quickly which way this game is going to go.

Michigan is essentially playing for their season, possibly Harbaugh's job and their pride. If they are worth a shit, they will come out fired up and looking to slug it out. They need to get off to a fast start.

If they are they gutless pussies and quitters that supposedly are sick of Harbaugh and laid down against Wisconsin, it will get ugly if Iowa jumps on them early. That crowd is going to turn on them if they get down any margin early.

douglasbader

Reaction score
We all might think there is some pressure on Iowa because we follow them and know it is a huge opportunity, but I think anyone looking at this game from the outside would think that all of the pressure in the world is on Michigan. They are the team with everything to lose and Iowa is playing with house money.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Hi, I’m Jim Harbaugh and I’m a total psycho.

If his playbook was attached to his belt using a 36 inch lanyard he wouldn't lose it when he throws his tantrums

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
We all might think there is some pressure on Iowa because we follow them and know it is a huge opportunity, but I think anyone looking at this game from the outside would think that all of the pressure in the world is on Michigan. They are the team with everything to lose and Iowa is playing with house money.
Correct.

If Iowa wins this game, though...

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I'll need clean pants and undies. Possibly socks

douglasbader

Reaction score
Correct.

I asked the question a few weeks ago at what point do you get really excited about the season, and I thought it would be after a Michigan and Penn State win.

Now moving that up to this game. If they win this game on the road I'll know this team is for real and has Big Ten Championship and NY6 potential.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Correct.

I asked the question a few weeks ago at what point do you get really excited about the season, and I thought it would be after a Michigan and Penn State win.

Now moving that up to this game. If they win this game on the road I'll know this team is for real and has Big Ten Championship and NY6 potential.
Huh. I had us pegged as Big Ten champs after we won the offseason in the dark.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Correct.

Now moving that up to this game. If they win this game on the road I'll know this team is for real and has Big Ten Championship and NY6/Alamo potential.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Need to smack Shea early and smack him often. If he’s comfortable, it will be pretty long day. If not, he’ll wilt.

Reaction score
Here you go for those who missed the ending of the last Michigan vs Iowa game in 2016

HoundedHawk

STILL LURKS BUT DELETED ALL OF HIS CONTENT
Reaction score

Last edited:

HoundedHawk

Reaction score

Last edited:

HoundedHawk

Reaction score

Last edited: