**Official Iowa vs. Michigan Football Thread - 11am - FOX**

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Iowa ended the game with 1 rushing yard. Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz has two NFL offensive tackles and ended that game with 1 rushing yard.
We were told the running game was fixed
Aside from the QB running backwards every other play, it is better. We never committed to it, particularly at the right times
Holes are there, Sgt and Young are too slow vs good defenses

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with Brian is the couple times we could've run on 3rd down in 4 down territory. And at least twice we took a sack hoping to take a shot on 2nd and 5 or less. Good in theory but ruined us.
I can't remember what drive it was, but Iowa was around the Michigan 35 and had it I think 3rd and 4 and the previous plays been running the ball well and Brian inexplicably went to a couple of terrible pass plays.

Reaction score
WR's need to win one on ones and Nate needs to find them against a gameplan like that. They got away with a few big holds early but we didn't get many chances late.

Reaction score
If Nate has more than 25 passes against PSU, Brian is a real dumbfuck. They will have to establish the run and not ask Nate to win the game.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Stanley reverted back to 2018 Stanley. No clue why they completely abandoned the run game. Fuck that game.
Stanley wasn't good by any measure, but he wasn't the problem. Brian just straight up owned by Michigan's DC.

All game long. Never adjusted.

The most infuriating thing is that tempo was working or would have worked today. Brian was content to huddle up and wast 38 seconds on every single fucking play.

Second to last drive started with 7:08 to go and he burned off 4+ minutes when he should have burned off like 2 minutes.

They never learn.

It’s unfortunate, but these things will be what keeps Kirk from going down as one of the greatest of all time

Iowa usually pisses at least one win down their on leg each and every year for this same reason

Kirk is an amazing human being, and we’ve been awful lucky to have had two decades with him....but those 15-20 wins probably significantly change his historical legacy

Reaction score
My biggest gripe with Brian is the couple times we could've run on 3rd down in 4 down territory. And at least twice we took a sack hoping to take a shot on 2nd and 5 or less. Good in theory but ruined us.
I can't remember what drive it was, but Iowa was around the Michigan 35 and had it I think 3rd and 4 and the previous plays been running the ball well and Brian inexplicably went to a couple of terrible pass plays.
3rd and 3 I think. Those were the two times I was really pissed at calls. Most of it came down to bad execution up front or QB/WR otherwise in my opinion.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Well, now they won't have to play Ohio State in the title game so there's that.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
We’ve all been screaming this for years, but I’ll say it again. You can run out of a spread.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Michigan will have 5 losses this season.

Can believe Brian and Kurt lost to those faggots.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Our “normal” run plays we’re getting 5 yards a pop. Running game still actually seems pretty good to me.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Brian will have no choice but to figure it out, because every single team Iowa plays going forward is going to trying to send the house.

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Goodson needs most of the snaps at RB. The OG’s suck. Stanley misses his two first round TEs.
The holes were there in the running game but we got two guys about as fast as Mark Wiseman.

Taking Goodson out in the red zone was beyond stupid
No offense to Young, but at 1st & goal , there was at least 6 yards with Goodson but Young is just too damn slow to hit the hole.

Reaction score
I feel like I’m in kindergarten football chat. We all knew going 12-0 was unlikely and we’ll still have a good shot at winning 9-10 games. The sky isn’t falling people. Iowa will need to adjust because PSU and Wisconsin will do the same thing.

Michigan had a great defensive game plan and schemed us well. We didn’t deserve to win with those turnovers and penalties. End of story

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I feel like I’m in kindergarten football chat. We all knew going 12-0 was unlikely and we’ll still have a good shot at winning 9-10 games. The sky isn’t falling people. Iowa will need to adjust because PSU and Wisconsin will do the same thing.

Michigan had a great defensive game plan and schemed us well. We didn’t deserve to win with those turnovers and penalties. End of story
But our inability to make any adjustments to that game plan is just a bit disconcerting.

Reaction score

But our inability to make any adjustments to that game plan is just a bit disconcerting.
How do you know we didn’t? We still have to execute those adjustments. Drops and penalties were a major factor.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Our “normal” run plays we’re getting 5 yards a pop. Running game still actually seems pretty good to me.
You mean out of the I? Total we had 21 carries for 67.
Yes, but several of those were slow developing lateral runs that got nothing. Going lateral against better athletes is stupid. That’s why I said the “normal” runs were still pretty good.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Stanley today is who Stanley is, which I can live with. Brian has to put him in a situation to succeed which he didn't do today. And Iowa either doesn't believe in clock management or has no fucking clue what it is and it has been going on for to long not to blame Kirk.

Reaction score
Still +1 in expected win total, but the upset special hopes vs PSU are looking weaker. The offense will look like this in Madison and Evanston; will need to steal one from Pat. Minnesota is the key; don't stumble in that one and it's a battle in Lincoln for 8-4.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Remember when we thought the running game was fixed

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Michigan didn't get ton of pressure off the edge which is bad. It's one thing if their ends are forcing Nate up in the pocket. The pressure was coming straight up the middle and few if any QBs will be successful when the pressure is coming from there. I get wanting to blame Nate and Brian because they were not great, but the guards were awful. On one of the last plays Iowa had 3 guys blocking 1 and let a rusher come free right into Nates face, that's inexcusable. Iowa ran a couple draws and a couple screens but only 1 of them worked. Saying they needed to run more is assuming the play is going to work.

Browns defense is predicated off the assumption that a QB can't complete enough throws down field in 1 on 1 matchups. Iowa tried and completed 1 or 2. When he went to zone couldn't block long enough to let any routes open up. Iowa had Ragaini wide open for a TD, throw wasn't great but it didn't matter because there was a hold.

Iowa lost by 7 on the road to a team ranked in the top 20 with more talent than them. Regardless of the outcome of this game they would still need to go to Madison and win. Assuming Wisconsin loses at Ohio State they can still afford another loss.

Hopefully the coaches know more about the team after today.

1) Goodson is the featured back. I don't know how they can justify anyone else getting more touches than him unless they're playing Illinois or Purdue.
2) ISM and Goodson should get a combined 25 touches minimum every game. 18-20 for Goodson and 5-10 for ISM (not counting kick returns)
3) The Paulsons are rotational players at guard. They were pathetic today.
4) Defense was great, although I'm not sure Michigan is any good on offense
5) That game can't make Michigan fans feel better about their team.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Stanley May be a pants shitter, but he had legitimate reason to be terrified today. Because his offensive coordinator was legit retarded today.

Brian nearly got Nate killed
Neither should have had much trust for each other today.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Nate is who he is. He's no CJ.Beathard. 9 wins is this teams ceiling. Which isn't terrible. We aren't winning next week and Nate isn't going in to Madison and winning. Gotta beat everyone else to get to a good bowl.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Who was it that said Weiteg was an NFL tight end? He makes me long for Brad Herman.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This is a bum Michigan team that will go 7-5. What a wasted opportunity.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Michigan didn't get ton of pressure off the edge which is bad. It's one thing if their ends are forcing Nate up in the pocket. The pressure was coming straight up the middle and few if any QBs will be successful when the pressure is coming from there. I get wanting to blame Nate and Brian because they were not great, but the guards were awful. On one of the last plays Iowa had 3 guys blocking 1 and let a rusher come free right into Nates face, that's inexcusable. Iowa ran a couple draws and a couple screens but only 1 of them worked. Saying they needed to run more is assuming the play is going to work.

Browns defense is predicated off the assumption that a QB can't complete enough throws down field in 1 on 1 matchups. Iowa tried and completed 1 or 2. When he went to zone couldn't block long enough to let any routes open up. Iowa had Ragaini wide open for a TD, throw wasn't great but it didn't matter because there was a hold.

Iowa lost by 7 on the road to a team ranked in the top 20 with more talent than them. Regardless of the outcome of this game they would still need to go to Madison and win. Assuming Wisconsin loses at Ohio State they can still afford another loss.

Hopefully the coaches know more about the team after today.

1) Goodson is the featured back. I don't know how they can justify anyone else getting more touches than him unless they're playing Illinois or Purdue.
2) ISM and Goodson should get a combined 25 touches minimum every game. 18-20 for Goodson and 5-10 for ISM (not counting kick returns)
3) The Paulsons are rotational players at guard. They were pathetic today.
4) Defense was great, although I'm not sure Michigan is any good on offense
5) That game can't make Michigan fans feel better about their team.
Michigan's offense is terrible. Patterson is a shitty quarterback.