**Official Iowa vs. Nebrantska Football Thread - 1:30pm - BTN**

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
When your year end wrap-up is click bait...

Totally par for the course for a Nebrantska writer.

Shocking a team would celebrate a game winning kick in a trophy game.

I'm gonna guess by the way Nebby's players celebrated and trash talked after every fucking play, they kind of wanted to win too.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
When your year end wrap-up is click bait...

Totally par for the course for a Nebrantska writer.

Shocking a team would celebrate a game winning kick in a trophy game.

I'm gonna guess by the way Nebby's players celebrated and trash talked after every fucking play, they kind of wanted to win too.
They brought some Ben Bruns level analysis.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Those guys always beat us, but look at how happy they are. That means we're better.

Pretty creative, really.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
I think it's funny how much they think Iowa fans care about that game. Sure, fans want to win...but we've got bigger and better historic rivalries. Only the sparsely populated western part of the state seems to slobber over the game.

If I had to pick give me a win over Wisconsin every time.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
LOL. That thread has 2014 highlights. I forgot Scherff was 12 yds from scoring a hook and ladder TD

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
They're right about one thing. Iowa is Iowa and Nebrantska is Nebrantska.

The problem is they don't get what being Nebrantska means now.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
By this time next year, Nebrantska's last conference championship will be old enough to buy its own booze.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I think it's funny how much they think Iowa fans care about that game. Sure, fans want to win...but we've got bigger and better historic rivalries. Only the sparsely populated western part of the state seems to slobber over the game.

you sure about that? my timeline is full of Nebrantska smack talk. Easily second to ISU

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

You’re getting the bonus plan next time we hug.

Creed

Doesn't go to the dentist
Reaction score

You’re getting the bonus plan next time we hug.
upload_2019-12-16_18-39-4.gif

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score

you sure about that? my timeline is full of Nebrantska smack talk. Easily second to ISU
Most of the smack talk I see is on message boards. I feel like it’s an overly vocal minority. I grew up on the Iowa Wisconsin border so I’m sure my experience is skewed slightly, but we don’t have near the history with Nebrantska we do with our other border rivals.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Most of the smack talk I see is on message boards. I feel like it’s an overly vocal minority. I grew up on the Iowa Wisconsin border so I’m sure my experience is skewed slightly, but we don’t have near the history with Nebrantska we do with our other border rivals.
i have wiscy family and had wiscy and ISU coworkers/friends. Wiscy is the game I want most to win.

Reaction score
Iowa has been a better program by every measurable statistic for the last two decades.

This isn’t some sort of 5 year run we’re talking about here

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being a Nebrantska recruit isn't so bad.

This is the third straight year the players have been able to stay home and celebrate the Holidays with their families. That has to be worth something.

Reaction score
They think Iowa has a hard on for this game but it isn’t what they think. The only reason Iowa and the fans care about beating this inferior team is because of all the salty tears that pour out along with all the delusional shit they say after a loss. It feels good to put them in their place a bit. Then it’s forgotten the next week. This game will get far less of they knew how to accept the reality of how shitty their program has become as of late.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
Iowa has beat them 6 of 7 and really should have been 7 in a row. In all 7 of those games Iowa had a double digit lead in the second half.

The only game Nebrantska won is 2014 when Iowa completely fucked around with a big lead and ended up losing in overtime.

Reaction score
They think Iowa has a hard on for this game but it isn’t what they think. The only reason Iowa and the fans care about beating this inferior team is because of all the salty tears that pour out along with all the delusional shit they say after a loss. It feels good to put them in their place a bit. Then it’s forgotten the next week. This game will get far less of they knew how to accept the reality of how shitty their program has become as of late.

The Nebrantska rivals board was perhaps one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen after the announcement they were moving to the Big Ten.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
Wisconsin, Iowa State and Nebrantska are the three games I care most about yearly.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Fuck that dude and all but he's clearly not someone worth responding to. He's a loser and he'll always be a loser, it's not like pointing it out will actually penetrate.

BngHawk

Scumbag
Reaction score
Fuck that dude and all but he's clearly not someone worth responding to. He's a loser and he'll always be a loser, it's not like pointing it out will actually penetrate.
Yep. Just had to let it out here.