**Official Iowa vs. Nebrantska Football Thread - 1:30pm - BTN**

Reaction score
More husker tears, please.
From the Rivals Husker board:

"Nebrantska has hope which is something Iowa doesn't have. It would be depressing being Iowa knowing that at the start of every year you have zero shot to win a I am a giant douche title let alone compete for the playoff. Purgatory is Iowa & has been for 20 years & won't change with Ferentz at the helm. Iowa already knows what they have & have reached the apex for their program.

I'll take uncertainty/hope with Frost over already knowing my team will never be better than mediocre with Ferentz."

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It’s funny what happens when your players don’t bitch about the bad calls and move on to the next play like it didn’t happen.

ISM isn’t getting enough credit for that 3rd down catch that should have also been targeting.

It’s also strange to me that fans are confused that Iowa went for the win at the end. Nebrantska had 3 timeouts so they had to at least try for a first down otherwise they were going to need to punt. You have a senior QB with a big arm and the wind behind you, the worst thing that happens (outside of a sack fumble) is an interception deep in their territory with 20 seconds left.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Nebrantska is a fake fucking team and program filled with phony players and Frost knows it. He said pretty much that after the game.

Until they recruit some guys that like to work and hit more than they like to dance and talk, this is what they will be.

He would be smart to jump ship and take the Florida State job.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
What a bunch of pathetic people. That entire state is a blight. Fuck them.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Haven’t made it to a bowl game since 2016 and they’re still talking shit. Their fanbase is mentally ill

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
He should have never left UCF and I’m stilk surprised he did. I figured he would have ended up at FSU recruiting the same kids/area

Reaction score
Nebrantska is a fake fucking team and program filled with phony players and Frost knows it. He said pretty much that after the game.

Until they recruit some guys that like to work and hit more than they like to dance and talk, this is what they will be.

Him bitching about what he inherited and always blaming the players is bullshit though. He's had two full offseasons, two camps, 24 regular season games and still complaining about what he inherited. He's gotta have 30+ of his own recruits on that team.

Reaction score

Nebrantska football reminds me of Illinois basketball. Was it you who pointed out a high percentage of highly rated tier two b-ball recruits from 40-100 don’t pan out because they believe their clippings and don’t work but don’t have truly elite talent? And that Illinois always gets those guys. That’s Nebrantska in football. Always getting guys low top 250 guys from the South or East or California with work ethic or other issues the top programs basically pass on.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Those bubble screen whatever the fuck passes Nebrantska kept throwing are an embarrassment to football.

‘Well it hasn’t work the first 8 times, maybe it will on the 9th’

Oh, and let’s try a couple half back passes because it worked for Iowa State once.

Go shove your offense up your ass Frost.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Those bubble screen whatever the fuck passes Nebrantska kept throwing are an embarrassment to football.

‘Well it hasn’t work the first 8 times, maybe it will on the 9th’

Oh, and let’s try a couple half back passes because it worked for Iowa State once.

Go shove your offense up your ass Frost.
I think at least 7 teams tried that stupid half back pass against Iowa, all because they saw Iowa State use it and it never worked again.

Reaction score

Him bitching about what he inherited and always blaming the players is bullshit though. He's had two full offseasons, two camps, 24 regular season games and still complaining about what he inherited. He's gotta have 30+ of his own recruits on that team.
Try 50.

Reaction score

Try 50.
I was being generous assuming that most of last year's class was already recruited by the old staff. Have no knowledge of how many guys he kept in that class. Either way, the point stands. You've had 2 years with these guys and picked a good percentage of them. Stop bitching about what you inherited and take ownership of your program. Such a fraud.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Crazy that Iowa finishes 9-3 and in the Top 15 and that will be good enough for the 6th best bowl in the Big Ten. That is about as tough as I can remember.

thrawn

Reaction score

Millen was babbling about taking 5 years to flip a program but the boat rower had Minnesota playing well (smoked Wisconsin at Camp Randall) at the end of year 2 and Campbell beat two top ten teams his second year, and both of those guys were starting in a worse place than Frost did.

I’m not saying it can’t or won’t happen for him, but usually there are clear signs by now.

thrawn

Reaction score
Crazy that Iowa finishes 9-3 and in the Top 15 and that will be good enough for the 6th best bowl in the Big Ten. That is about as tough as I can remember.
Still an outside chance they fall to the Redbox Bowl and if you flip like 1 or 2 plays they have 10 wins and are in the Orange or Citrus.

CamelTones

Reaction score
JFC, Scott Frost said they didn’t want to kick to ISM, they just wanted to pooch kick it down there but he didn’t have time to get to his kick team because he had just finished calling the previous series.

Uhhhh Scott, the TD before the kickoff was scored via interception.

douglasbader

Reaction score
How often does any league have a legitimate shot at having 6 teams with 10+ wins?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Still an outside chance they fall to the Redbox Bowl and if you flip like 1 or 2 plays they have 10 wins and are in the Orange or Citrus.
Shit, you flip 1 play.

Beat Wisconsin on the road instead of losing by 2 and they are playing Ohio State next Saturday and heading to the Rose Bowl possibly.

douglasbader

Reaction score
"See what you say next year!!"

Lol. That perfectly defines their loser program.

CamelTones

Reaction score
The Sargent fumble was probably a blessing in disguise in the long run.

He holds onto it, Iowa likely kicks a field goal with 2ish minutes left and has to give the ball back to Nebrantska who would be ramping up the tempo.

Instead they get somewhat conservative since it’s tied and Iowa goes down and wins.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Before ISM, when was last kick six we had?
Jordan Cotton vs PSU in 2012

5 TFL for Epenesa? How far back would we have to go to find comparable #?
He ended up with 4.5 which was the most since Mike Daniels had 5.0 vs Purdue in 2011.

Ihmir Smith-Marsette is the first Hawkeye with a rushing TD, receiving TD and kickoff return TD in the same season since Jermelle Lewis in 2002.

Opposing teams to win four straight in Lincoln in the last 70 years: Texas, Oklahoma and Iowa.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If not for a Rudock/GDGD fuckface bullshit game overtime game in 2014, that should have been the 7th win in a row against Nebrantska.

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Imagine being this person. Go 5-7, lose to a top 20 team and then call that team mediocre.
If not for a Rudock/GDGD fuckface bullshit game overtime game in 2014, that should have been the 7th win in a row against Nebrantska.
Every year my brothers and I fly in and go to a home game with my dad. We chose that game. We chose poorly.

I remember KMM WIDE FUCKING open down field and Rudock saw it and dumped it off to the running back. God he sucked.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised the refs didn't try calling that field goal no good. Assholes.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Some Good
  • I'd like to give a shoutout to the 3rd and 4 QB sneak with Stanley originally in the gun
  • I know he got flack for his punt returning and the big catch was wrongly overturned, but I love Ragaini's hands for a RS Frosh. Will be huge possession receiver along with other white guy WR descriptors
  • Everything Goodson
  • Frost continuing to run RPO with an obviously dinged up Martinez. Frost inexplicably going back to Martinez after the McCaffery pass.
Some Bad
  • Tracy's hands
  • Not sure I'll ever understand the inconsistency of the run game
  • Playcalling - Getting cute with Tracy reverse on 1st and 10 around the red zone. Resulted in loss of 8. And 3rd quarter playcalling.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
One of the beat guys said he was jogging along the sideline high fiving after the game.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

Millen was babbling about taking 5 years to flip a program but the boat rower had Minnesota playing well (smoked Wisconsin at Camp Randall) at the end of year 2 and Campbell beat two top ten teams his second year, and both of those guys were starting in a worse place than Frost did.

I’m not saying it can’t or won’t happen for him, but usually there are clear signs by now.
Minnesota was 9-4 with a win over Washington State in the Holiday Bowl the year before Fleck took over. Claeys wasn't fired because the team was losing games. He was fired because he mismanaged the gang rape/team bowl boycott that involved his players. Fleck had a number of very talented kids left over from Claeys and Kill...still has some, Antonio Winfield (involved in the rape situation) Tyler Johnson, Rodney Smith, and Shannon Brooks are all holdovers and vital parts of this team.

Also: Wisconsin was a team in disarray last November. They looked nothing like the team Iowa played early in the season. The gophers caught them at a perfect time.

With all of this said, fuck Frost for throwing his team under the bus once again. Say what you want behind closed doors, but saying that shit to the press demonstrates what an irresponsible asshole he is.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I might rewatch this game just to watch again how Neb had no idea how to block Eppy. It’s like he was playing against a JV team

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I might rewatch this game just to watch again how Neb had no idea how to block Eppy. It’s like he was playing against a JV team
Maybe he listened to Millen and decided to put out effort for the entire game. :sighface