**Official Iowa vs. Nebrantska Football Thread - 1:30pm - BTN**

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
If twitter is representative, it’s no wonder Iowa State hates those fans so much. They’re the same people.

When they have to pull the plug on their meathead shitbag golden boy, it’s going to be absolutely glorious.

They should worship Iowa. We are their best case. Their history predates every recruit. Nobody cares. They have no geographic advantages. They have no cultural advantages. Iowa is the model for what they should want to be.

Oh well, fuck em. 9-3 in this league this year with that schedule is a fucking job.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Talked about this a little last night but as soon as television contracts went nuts, Nebrantska lost a huge recruiting tool. They used to be able to lure people from California and Florida based on the fact that they’d be a national game of the week and the kids would be promised television every single week.

That isn’t the case now. What’s the draw to Lincoln over any Florida or California school? You get to freeze your ass off in Lincoln so that Frost can show you his rings and talk about how good he used to be?

thrawn

Reaction score
Their history predates every recruit.
I was thinking about this. I remember going to the mall/movie on Black Friday, and then watching Colorado blow out #1 Nebrantska (and then Miami destroying them in the Rose Bowl). That was 18 years ago. They haven’t finished in the top ten since. They have no relevant “in my lifetime” history to any recruit.

Last edited:

thrawn

Reaction score
Him bitching about what he inherited and always blaming the players is bullshit though. He's had two full offseasons, two camps, 24 regular season games and still complaining about what he inherited. He's gotta have 30+ of his own recruits on that team.
Millen was babbling about taking 5 years to flip a program but the boat rower had Minnesota playing well (smoked Wisconsin at Camp Randall) at the end of year 2 and Campbell beat two top ten teams his second year, and both of those guys were starting in a worse place than Frost did.

I’m not saying it can’t or won’t happen for him, but usually there are clear signs by now.
Minnesota was 9-4 with a win over Washington State in the Holiday Bowl the year before Fleck took over. Claeys wasn't fired because the team was losing games. He was fired because he mismanaged the gang rape/team bowl boycott that involved his players. Fleck had a number of very talented kids left over from Claeys and Kill...still has some, Antonio Winfield (involved in the rape situation) Tyler Johnson, Rodney Smith, and Shannon Brooks are all holdovers and vital parts of this team.

Also: Wisconsin was a team in disarray last November. They looked nothing like the team Iowa played early in the season. The gophers caught them at a perfect time.

With all of this said, fuck Frost for throwing his team under the bus once again. Say what you want behind closed doors, but saying that shit to the press demonstrates what an irresponsible asshole he is.
this doesn’t fit my narrative so I disagree that it all happened

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Scott Frost: I inherited a team without a lot of toughness and confidence

also Scott Frost: The kicker blew a kiss at me! waaaaah

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Scott Frost: I inherited a team without a lot of toughness and confidence

also Scott Frost: The kicker blew a kiss at me! waaaaah
Matt Millen: “What kind of football player blows a kiss?”

The Lou Groza Award winner, that’s who.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I’m no football coach, but it seems like shitting on your seniors is a bad way to get younger kids to buy in.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Frost showed his toughness when Lawrence Phillips showed up.

Reaction score
If twitter is representative, it’s no wonder Iowa State hates those fans so much. They’re the same people.

When they have to pull the plug on their meathead shitbag golden boy, it’s going to be absolutely glorious.

They should worship Iowa. We are their best case. Their history predates every recruit. Nobody cares. They have no geographic advantages. They have no cultural advantages. Iowa is the model for what they should want to be.

Oh well, fuck em. 9-3 in this league this year with that schedule is a fucking job.
This is what I don't understand about them. They should be thankful they were ever good. Nebrantska is a tiny state population wise in the middle of fucking nowhere. You are a long ways away from any major city. Why the fuck would you want to go there if you weren't already from Nebrantska. Now that we have the trend of young people wanting to get the fuck out of rural America they are going to struggle to ever reclaim a small measure of their past glory.

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

This is what I don't understand about them. They should be thankful they were ever good. Nebrantska is a tiny state population wise in the middle of fucking nowhere. You are a long ways away from any major city. Why the fuck would you want to go there if you weren't already from Nebrantska. Now that we have the trend of young people wanting to get the fuck out of rural America they are going to struggle to ever reclaim a small measure of their past glory.
They have a lower state population than Iowa by over a million. Also a more difficult recruiting footprint not being in the Big 12 anymore.
They have to recruit against Minnesota; Wisconsin and Iowa which had established pipelines when Nebrantska joined the league.

I’m not sure what they think their programs floor or ceiling is, but being in the middle of the division and winning 8-9 games is something they should be thrilled about if they can pull it off.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
I love it when they say "You might be happy with 8 or 9 wins but this is Nebrantska and we expect championships!" The days of it raining steroids, free range felons, and open pay for players is long gone. They dont want to admit it but the fans with 2 brain cells to rub together would kill for 8 plus win seasons and regular bowl games right now. They are looking at a long climb up the ladder to reach "mediocrity" as they put it and the pain of that reality is just now sinking in. Another year or two of Frost ball and they are going to be looking at ISU with envy.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nebrantska rose to prominence because of institutional system of getting and keeping non-qualifying or criminal players eligible and PED use. That’s it.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
click on to see the caption. Damn.....

EDIT for the Old Balls without IG: “Alexa, play ‘Welcome to My House,’ by Flo Rida.”

Last edited:

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Sorry to ask but I was taverned up in a very loud environment: what was the explanation for reversing Ragaini’s catch? Does college have the “complete the catch to the ground” or whatever rule?

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Sorry to ask but I was taverned up in a very loud environment: what was the explanation for reversing Ragaini’s catch? Does college have the “complete the catch to the ground” or whatever rule?
It was the wrong call, but the officials were/are/will continue to be retarded.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
The refs were corrupt faggots.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

They have a lower state population than Iowa by over a million. Also a more difficult recruiting footprint not being in the Big 12 anymore.
They have to recruit against Minnesota; Wisconsin and Iowa which had established pipelines when Nebrantska joined the league.

I’m not sure what they think their programs floor or ceiling is, but being in the middle of the division and winning 8-9 games is something they should be thrilled about if they can pull it off.

This is the same school that ran a coach out on a rail after never once winning fewer than 9 games in a season.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Frost will need the best players available to get that offense to work against any team with a disciplined defense

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Frost will need the best players available to get that offense to work against any team with a disciplined defense
I don’t think it’s conducive to cold and I do think it’s more prone than average to injury, especially at QB. Maybe if he’s got a stud OL and back it can consistently win, but I’m not sure he’s got it in him to build the former.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s conducive to cold and I do think it’s more prone than average to injury, especially at QB. Maybe if he’s got a stud OL and back it can consistently win, but I’m not sure he’s got it in him to build the former.
building a great OLine requires toughness...mentally and physically. Frost seems incapable thus far at coaching either

it’s going to take a generational talent at QB. Martinez is a phenomenal athlete. But he couldn’t throw the ball down the field yesterday when they needed to.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Also, Tommy in Feb:

“What I want to see is fans dial back what they think Nebrantska's going to be just because Scott's here. Quite frankly, it's going to take time. I know people don't want to hear that. What he did at Central Florida in the second year isn't going to happen at Nebrantska. Scott's coaching against better coaches and playing against better talent than he saw in the (American Athletic Conference)."

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
This is how Nebrantska ends their season next year. They’re going to struggle for bowl eligibility again.

Reaction score
Thank you, Chris Ruth, for providing this good ass content today:

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
- The Horsecollar
- The Targeting
- The Catch
- The Facemask
- The Illegal Touching
- The Running into the Kicker
- No NE holding calls

Nebrantska concludes: "We got robbed."
Some things never change across the wide Missouri.