**Official Iowa vs. Nebrantska Football Thread - 1:30pm - BTN**

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I’m great at sex just ask me and none of the dissatisfied women that have lowered themselves to banging me.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
More husker tears, please.
From the Rivals Husker board:

"Nebrantska has hope which is something Iowa doesn't have. It would be depressing being Iowa knowing that at the start of every year you have zero shot to win a I am a giant douche title let alone compete for the playoff. Purgatory is Iowa & has been for 20 years & won't change with Ferentz at the helm. Iowa already knows what they have & have reached the apex for their program.

I'll take uncertainty/hope with Frost over already knowing my team will never be better than mediocre with Ferentz."
I fine example of Nebrantska-level thinking.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Those bubble screen whatever the fuck passes Nebrantska kept throwing are an embarrassment to football.

‘Well it hasn’t work the first 8 times, maybe it will on the 9th’

Oh, and let’s try a couple half back passes because it worked for Iowa State once.

Go shove your offense up your ass Frost.
Yes, but the whole RPO gameplan is very effective at getting 10 guys downfield holding.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
All day long on the scroll at the bottom of the screen “Nebrantska not bowl eligible for the third straight year”.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If twitter is representative, it’s no wonder Iowa State hates those fans so much. They’re the same people.

When they have to pull the plug on their meathead shitbag golden boy, it’s going to be absolutely glorious.

They should worship Iowa. We are their best case. Their history predates every recruit. Nobody cares. They have no geographic advantages. They have no cultural advantages. Iowa is the model for what they should want to be.

Oh well, fuck em. 9-3 in this league this year with that schedule is a fucking job.
This is what I don't understand about them. They should be thankful they were ever good. Nebrantska is a tiny state population wise in the middle of fucking nowhere. You are a long ways away from any major city. Why the fuck would you want to go there if you weren't already from Nebrantska. Now that we have the trend of young people wanting to get the fuck out of rural America they are going to struggle to ever reclaim a small measure of their past glory.
Yeah, but when your state has no reason to exist other than to produce that football team....

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Exclusive look at Nebrantska's bowl T-shirt:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Ihmir specifically was getting sick of them talking shit.

Reaction score
Nebrantska is like some rando your sister brought to thanksgiving dinner and no one likes him because he’s a racist jackass who constantly brags about his high school stats.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
Note to self: don’t go over to Craig T. Nelson’s house for the holidays

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Note to KitKat: Might want to go to Craig T. Nelson's house some other time though, his sister is usually available.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Ol Craig doesn’t like me. I’ll join the train on his sister.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
He’s gonna send Dauber after you

Reaction score
Was doing a rewatch. The opening TD reverse to ISM is hysterical. Stanley just hoofing it and for awhile ISM is staying patient behind him but you can tell the moment he says "Fuck it." and just blows by everybody.

Reaction score
A beautiful post on the Nebrantska boards in a thread an OU fan started asking them if they missed the big 12

We need way less Iowa’s & way more Iowa State’s on our schedule.

Hell yes we miss the Big12.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
A beautiful post on the Nebrantska boards in a thread an OU fan started asking them if they missed the big 12

That’s just beautiful. Poetic even.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
We were in the car for the first half. Love Dolph, he’s a terrific guy, but damn. Almost impossible to follow.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score

They would have lost to Iowa State also.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
That program was built on living off of beating 3 of the worst programs in college football history...
KU
KSU
ISU

Not to mention the very mediocre programs...
Missouri
Oklahoma St
Colorado

Literally had to beat ONE good to great program...
OU

It’s the least impressive dominance of all time & it’s not close.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
That program was built on living off of beating 3 of the worst programs in college football history...
KU
KSU
ISU

Not to mention the very mediocre programs...
Missouri
Oklahoma St
Colorado

Literally had to beat ONE good to great program...
OU

It’s the least impressive dominance of all time & it’s not close.

Partially true. The 90’s run was pretty impressive. The old Big 8 had some absolute doormat teams...but Nebrantska also scheduled some OOC games with some pretty big names; a top 5 Washington program, UCLA, WV, Arizona State and MSU

plus Colorado spent much of the 90’s as a very strong program

the 90’s, and Nebrantska were the fucking Wild West of college football...but their run there was pretty impressive.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
It puts me in a happy place every time I think of them expecting to just stroll in and own the West and Big Ten in general. The bravado melting into disillusionment, unease, and then panic. Reminds me of the quote from the Watchmen as reality sank in for them on what the West was going to be like.

I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me!

Reaction score
It puts me in a happy place every time I think of them expecting to just stroll in and own the West and Big Ten in general. The bravado melting into disillusionment, unease, and then panic. Reminds me of the quote from the Watchmen as reality sank in for them on what the West was going to be like.

I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me!
Thanks, AOC

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
We were in the car for the first half. Love Dolph, he’s a terrific guy, but damn. Almost impossible to follow.
Listened to the Illinois game, never knew how much time was left towards the end.

Those Nebrantska highlights though? Dolph sounded so happy. He never sounded like that last week. I bet he enjoyed a beverage or 15 afterwards.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
I'm completely fine with the bottom half of that

coff

Busker
Reaction score
I think Barta coming out so strong unprompted a few weeks ago to specifically remind fans they won't be going to the Gator Bowl tells you everything. The coaching staff and fans want no part of that game again.
In his pre-game radio interview with Dolph, Barta mentioned the Gator may be in negotiations with the Music City Bowl, and that the university had no control over that. Barta mentioned that was a remote possibility, but he seemed to be very high on the Holiday Bowl.
Correct, there is a possibility that the Gator trades with Music City and Iowa ends up there.

I actually think Ferentz might prefer Nashville over San Diego.
It's only a 4.5 hour drive from St. Louis.