**Official Iowa vs. Northwestern Football Thread - 6:00pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
As bad as Iowa looked the last 2 games, Northwestern is truly terrible this year. Given that the current talk is wanting to finally get rid of Spencer as the QB, my guess is he goes bonkers and throws for like 300 yards and 3 TD's and cements his no talent dogshit self as the Iowa QB for another 17 games.

Enjoy!!

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I’m not ready for any potential outcome. Too soon.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Lol that these fucks are gonna turn out some kind of not shitty offensive performance. Iowa has lost to Northwestern with way better teams before and this would make far pats season a success if he wins.

Reaction score
As bad as Iowa looked the last 2 games, Northwestern is truly terrible this year. Given that the current talk is wanting to finally get rid of Spencer as the QB, my guess is he goes bonkers and throws for like 300 yards and 3 TD's and cements his no talent dogshit self as the Iowa QB for another 17 games.

Enjoy!!
Is there a term for the opposite of a silver lining ?

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Would be nice if they could get Goodson going. Maybe by realizing they can’t run him up the middle on every carry against a stacked box. Oh, and not let IKM touch the ball ever again.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Fitzgerald is twice as smart as Kirk and Brian combined. And I love Kirk and Brian. It is what it is.
He seems finds a lot of people smarter than even him in bowl games though

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Would be nice if they could get Goodson going. Maybe by realizing they can’t run him up the middle on every carry against a stacked box. Oh, and not let IKM touch the ball ever again.
I really think Brian hates him.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I was talking about ol' Howler the other day. A co-worker and I were talking about some recent sports fan overreactions and I told him I knew a guy that puked and then cried himself to sleep because he was so upset over the 2015 Big Ten Championship Game.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I was talking about ol' Howler the other day. A co-worker and I were talking about some recent sports fan overreactions and I told him I knew a guy that puked and then cried himself to sleep because he was so upset over the 2015 Big Ten Championship Game.
When I was retching Nikki said I looked like a werewolf!

howler

Reaction score
lmao at doug for downplaying the biggest iowa game since 2009 ohio state.

my only regret that night is missing tevaun's catch in real time, by freak accident.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Listen, I didn’t puke or cry but if there’s one series of gut punches that I wouldn’t blame somebody for crying over, it was that game.

howler

Reaction score
Iowa wouldn't have been in BCS title game talks had they beaten OSU in 2009 to win the B10. (Texas and Bama were darlings). In '85 they beat UM but promptly lost to OSU. Oklahoma kinda controlled the narrative that year. Idk, maybe had Iowa pounded UCLA they'd have been in the discussion. The most elite and talented Iowa team's (2002) boat was sunk in September.

Iowa would've made the playoffs in '15 had they won in Indy. Were they paper tigers in a shit division? Yea, but everyone embraced the denial until they couldn't (i.e. we all know real contenders aren't lining up James VdB as WR #1). Not only would it have been Iowa's first outright B10 title in 30 years, it would've vaulted Iowa into a national championship scenario.

That was literally the biggest Iowa game of doug's and my lifetime. Any litany of reactions to that game's outcome would not be considered excessive. To think otherwise means you're just a silly little faggot.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa wouldn't have been in BCS title game talks had they beaten OSU in 2009 to win the B10. (Texas and Bama were darlings). In '85 they beat UM but promptly lost to OSU. Oklahoma kinda controlled the narrative that year. Idk, maybe had Iowa pounded UCLA they'd have been in the discussion. The most elite and talented Iowa team's (2002) boat was sunk in September.

Iowa would've made the playoffs in '15 had they won in Indy. Were they paper tigers in a shit division? Yea, but everyone embraced the denial until they couldn't (i.e. we all know real contenders aren't lining up James VdB as WR #1). Not only would it have been Iowa's first outright B10 title in 30 years, it would've vaulted Iowa into a national championship scenario.

That was literally the biggest Iowa game of doug's and my lifetime. Any litany of reactions to that game's outcome would not be considered excessive. To think otherwise means you're just a silly little faggot.
Puking and crying yourself to sleep in front of a woman you were considering asking to marry you is so over the top stupid and embarrassing, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

All because some teenagers and guys in their early 20's running around a field wearing capri pants made you sad.

Lolz.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
We will win just enough to please the Beevers of the world and make zero changes.
you’re struggling bud. I’m not, nor have ever been a Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz guy. Hate nepotism and told everyone after the spring practice that petras is the same guy as last year. I also don’t cry because 18-22 year olds lost a football game though, being that I’m not a faggot. I’d rather hope Iowa wins then be a sky as falling guy, yes.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
I’m not sure how anyone can look at the last two weeks and comfortably predict a win here.

Tits will have his game plan ready
be honest, have you watched northwestern play a down of football this year? They are middle tier MAC bad.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
you’re struggling bud. I’m not, nor have ever been a Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz guy. Hate nepotism and told everyone after the spring practice that petras is the same guy as last year. I also don’t cry because 18-22 year olds lost a football game though, being that I’m not a faggot. I’d rather hope Iowa wins then be a sky as falling guy, yes.
Sounds to me like you’re crying.