**Official Iowa vs. Penn State Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Nixon was going to Northern Illinois bc of grade issues and all high major programs backing off. Iowa offers and flips him. He doesn’t qualify and goes to Iowa Western. Gets an Alabama offer but bc of some flaw in the system Iowa basically says no you’re ours. Arrives on campus and Kirk wants him to have an adjustment year to focus on academics. Enters the transfer portal but decides to stay. Rotates his first year but you can see the talent. Because of his short career won’t have the numbers of guys like Mitch King or Babineaux but is undoubtedly one of the top defensive tackles talent wise to come through the program under Kirk.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Nixon was going to Northern Illinois bc of grade issues and all high major programs backing off. Iowa offers and flips him. He doesn’t qualify and goes to Iowa Western. Gets an Alabama offer but bc of some flaw in the system Iowa basically says no you’re ours. Arrives on campus and Kirk wants him to have an adjustment year to focus on academics. Enters the transfer portal but decides to stay. Rotates his first year but you can see the talent. Because of his short career won’t have the numbers of guys like Mitch King or Babineaux but is undoubtedly one of the top defensive tackles talent wise to come through the program under Kirk.
Babs. Maybe Cole.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I can’t figure out what Kirk Ciarroccas game plan was exactly. QB draws for 5 yards over and over?

CamelTones

Reaction score
I love that the coaches were telling him to score rather than go down.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
What a great game all around. That was the calmest I've been watching an Iowa game in ages.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
He really was. Just runs hard and hits the hole quick. Gets his pads down and good balance. I think he's generally been better than he gets credit for.
There were times Sargent exploded through a hole that I thought it was Goodson. He had one of his best games.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Babineaux was fuckin awesome.
He and I had like 3 classes together my last year at Iowa, the last of which I believe was Abdominal Toning. I talked a lot of shit about how not tough he was and that I was even more unblockable than he was. He humored me and played offensive tackle. I came off the ball with my (predictably) lightening quick step...and he pounds me in the chest with both hands and sends me like 9 feet across the room. I declared a false start, and myself the victor of said debate.

Reaction score
He and I had like 3 classes together my last year at Iowa, the last of which I believe was Abdominal Toning. I talked a lot of shit about how not tough he was and that I was even more unblockable than he was. He humored me and played offensive tackle. I came off the ball with my (predictably) lightening quick step...and he pounds me in the chest with both hands and sends me like 9 feet across the room. I declared a false start, and myself the victor of said debate.
did you like it when he pounded you?

gable_guy

Reaction score
At least you could tell people it was a core class

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Benson is Mike Klingenborg, Campbell is Chad Greenway

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
This totally happened

Reaction score
i was really bummed that babineaux wasn't able to take that fumble recovery against wisconsin (i think) to the house. he deserved it.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Yahya Black is a large human. When he figures out what he’s doing he’s going to be a problem.