**Official Iowa vs. Penn State Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN**

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
This is kind of like the people who defend Dolph.

“It looked like his arm was going forward.”
Have you watched the Matt Millen fighting cancer thingy on BTN? He can say an occasional dumb thing. I like him.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Is this the Matt Millen widely regarded as one of the worst general managers in history?

fuisu98

Asp Wielder
Reaction score
I like Millen overall. He can say some stupid things, but he always goes out of his way to highlight linemen and others that usually don't get any attention during other broadcasts.
Yeah he’s generally alright. It was fun Saturday having him highlight the O-line play but also to hear his soul slowly being crushed by PSU getting dominated on the lines.
Edit-I should point out that’s not personal but I love having Iowa crush the dreams of announcers that are alums of the opposing team.

Reaction score
I don't dislike Matt Millen the person. I just don't think he understands the game of football in 2020. His comments about fullbacks and line play are just tough guy platitudes for the most part.

I would much rather listen to Joshua Perry talk about a game. He's a smart ex-LB who understands the modern game.

Reaction score
Didn’t Vandenbosch play with woods, not the younger naatjes?
It appears that Naatjes was two years younger than Vanden Bosch based on this link. I guess Woods was a year older than Vanden Bosch, unless he missed all-state as a senior or something.

Edit: I just noticed that Naatjes was an all-state DB in 1997 and then an all-state DL in 1998. Interesting position change.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Iowa’s ability to get 2 or 3 yards on every QB sneak is amazing. My son and I were laughing our asses off watching the replay of the sneak for the TD watching Linderbaum come out of the pile on the other side 5 yards into the end zone. He’s an absolute wrecking ball.
It would be awesome if they would run three straight quarterback sneaks to start the game versus Nebrantska

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Take this gay shit to the softball forum.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I don't dislike Matt Millen the person. I just don't think he understands the game of football in 2020. His comments about fullbacks and line play are just tough guy platitudes for the most part.

I would much rather listen to Joshua Perry talk about a game. He's a smart ex-LB who understands the modern game.
Consider the team he is covering. I highly doubt Iowa is doing anything with fullbacks and line play that Millen isn’t at least somewhat competent with

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
He likes Kirk and appreciates Iowa’s program and system. When I see he is on the announcing team I know I won’t have to sit through a game with shit talk about Iowa.
He nearly died two years ago and has worked his way back. I don’t give a flying fuck if he can describe the “modern game”.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I’m not going to pretend I know what the fuck I’m talking about, but I did like the wildcat read option handoffs. Better than snap to Goodson and have him run every single time.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
It appears that Naatjes was two years younger than Vanden Bosch based on this link. I guess Woods was a year older than Vanden Bosch, unless he missed all-state as a senior or something.

Edit: I just noticed that Naatjes was an all-state DB in 1997 and then an all-state DL in 1998. Interesting position change.
Fall of 1996 west Lyon was lead by senior VandenBosch and Soph (I think)Naatjes

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
He likes Kirk and appreciates Iowa’s program and system. When I see he is on the announcing team I know I won’t have to sit through a game with shit talk about Iowa.
He nearly died two years ago and has worked his way back. I don’t give a flying fuck if he can describe the “modern game”.
He knows Xs and Os. Not good talent evaluator. Reminds me of some Jake C supporters..

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
He knows Xs and Os. Not good talent evaluator. Reminds me of some Jake C supporters..
You must be confusing me with someone else. I have never posted anything about Jake C.

Off your meds. ol' tits?

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
You must be confusing me with someone else. I have never posted anything about Jake C.

Off your meds. ol' tits?
Just because your post is captured, doesn't necessarily mean the post is referring to you. (I suspect it's not).

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

Off your meds. ol' tits?
I'm not on meds. we've been told how terrible it is to make that remark. Govern yourself accordingly. You can call someone a POS, make jokes about their kids or insult them many ways. But asking if they are off their meds is off limits.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
I'm not on meds. we've been told how terrible it is to make that remark. Govern yourself accordingly. You can call someone a POS, make jokes about their kids or insult them many ways. But asking if they are off their meds is off limits.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Go fuck yourself

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You left Michael Scholten off that list. Another great Iowa commit.
Who the fook is this guy?

My only Naatjes knowledge was watching his nose get smashed in a basketball game. Had to have broken it.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
My favorite West Lyon guy was Wayne Schuster. Dude could ball, and punched a kid in the nuts during a game. Drove a Neon and barely fit in there.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Daviyon and has family both seem to be incredibly likeable people.

I am genuinely curious why he was halfway in the doghouse previously.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Iowa’s ability to get 2 or 3 yards on every QB sneak is amazing. My son and I were laughing our asses off watching the replay of the sneak for the TD watching Linderbaum come out of the pile on the other side 5 yards into the end zone. He’s an absolute wrecking ball.
Petras could have ended up in the Iowa locker room if he hadn't decided to stop.