**Official Iowa vs. Wisconsin Football Thread - 11:00am - ESPN**

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
How did Wisconsin manage to control David Bell?

I hope we win comfortably by getting the run game going, O line begins to gel, no turnovers, and stay healthy.

KitKatApples

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
How did Wisconsin manage to control David Bell?

I hope we win comfortably by getting the run game going, O line begins to gel, no turnovers, and stay healthy.
If they win it’s not gonna be comfortable man you know that.
If we eclipse 60 yards on the ground, we win.
Yea I would feel good going for 60 or more on them
We won’t run on them much. Brian and Spencer will have to win it for us. If they don’t perform, the D will eventually break.
We’re fucked

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The 1st half of last years game was basically 3 plays and a cloud of punts before Iowa figured something out in the 2nd half.

On the surface I have no idea how Iowa’s offensive line provides any sort of protection for Petras. They’ve really only figured out Wisconsin’s 3-4 front twice (2014 and 2020) since they switched to it. Expecting this years line to figure it out is both LOL worthy and something I magically expect to happen because college football hasn’t made sense all year.

I know nothing about Wisconsin’s punter but the game likely comes down to him vs Taylor to determine who wins.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Doug and I are gonna meet at Brats and fuck afterward. Might even go to It’s Brothers! And find Jogger’s wife at the glory hole.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I mean, Iowa may get beat and everything, but it never ceases to amaze me that Iowa fans including most on Halo react the same exact way every single time Iowa loses a game.

Suddenly everyone can't see anything other than Iowa struggling to score a single point, the other team is going to fuck us in every position, the line will never be able to protect again, won't be able to run the ball, the coaches suck, the players suck and it's going to be a loss. The overwhelming majority start predicting a blowout loss.

Most times it ends up being the exact opposite and Iowa shocks everyone and looks good again.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
I mean, Iowa may get beat and everything, but it never ceases to amaze me that Iowa fans including most on Halo react the same exact way every single time Iowa loses a game.

Suddenly everyone can't see anything other than Iowa struggling to score a single point, the other team is going to fuck us in every position, the line will never be able to protect again, won't be able to run the ball, the coaches suck, the players suck and it's going to be a loss. The overwhelming majority start predicting a blowout loss.

Most times it ends up being the exact opposite and Iowa shocks everyone and looks good again.
they’re all faggots doug. What a terrible way to experience their fandom as well. Please start delivering them rainbows with me.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
My guess is that Phil Parker and that defense are fucking pissed after that shit show and have had 2 weeks to get healthy and fix the issues they had. We can shit on the offense and that is of course justified, but the defense is why Iowa lost.

Looking back through the game logs, I don't think that a Phil Parker defense has gotten embarrassed twice in a row. They had Mertz figured out last year and he still sucks. The Wisconsin running game isn't good. I would bet that Iowa has them buried all day and the Iowa offense will get the ball in much more ideal field position that sets them up to be successful.

As long as they don't turn the ball over, I like my Iowa Hawkeyes in this one.

Reaction score
Doug and I are gonna meet at Brats and fuck afterward. Might even go to It’s Brothers! And find Jogger’s wife at the glory hole.
Did you just talk about my wife? Threatening PM coming!!!!
Oh, and Iowa by double digits.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
The 1st half of last years game was basically 3 plays and a cloud of punts before Iowa figured something out in the 2nd half.

On the surface I have no idea how Iowa’s offensive line provides any sort of protection for Petras. They’ve really only figured out Wisconsin’s 3-4 front twice (2014 and 2020) since they switched to it. Expecting this years line to figure it out is both LOL worthy and something I magically expect to happen because college football hasn’t made sense all year.

I know nothing about Wisconsin’s punter but the game likely comes down to him vs Taylor to determine who wins.
Yeah I have no idea how our offense scores next week other than field goals

WCFHawkeye

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Mertz has 2 touchdown passes, for the year. The first 3 games, Wisconsin tried winning with Mertz throwing. Since Notre Dame, they have decided to live or die off the run, and gave up on the passing game.

Iowa will shut down the rushing game, and it will be an Iowa victory. Won't be pretty, but Iowa will win, and and the bandwagon will start to fill up again.

Screenshot_20211024-094902_Samsung Internet.jpg

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Currently Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota all control their own destiny to Indy.

if Iowa wins the next two, it’s basically sealed. Fuck yeah. Bring it in!

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Gonna be a good old-fashioned slobberknocker.

Iowa 10
Wisconsin 9

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Currently Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota all control their own destiny to Indy.

if Iowa wins the next two, it’s basically sealed. Fuck yeah. Bring it in!
They would still need to beat Minnesota the following week unless you're banking on Minnesota losing to either NW or Illinois